Windows 10: RegSvr32 Error Message when PC Boots

Discus and support RegSvr32 Error Message when PC Boots in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When my wife's Win 10 (64 bit Pro) PC boots, it get a "RegSvr32" Message with a simple "X" in the box. There is no specificity as to what the error (if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Louisaz, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Louisaz Win User

RegSvr32 Error Message when PC Boots

When my wife's Win 10 (64 bit Pro) PC boots, it get a "RegSvr32" Message with a simple "X" in the box. There is no specificity as to what the error (if any) is -- just the simple popup box with an X. When the box is closed there is no apparent problem running any of her programs.

The PC is virus free and no registry errors are detected using (e.g.) CCleaner.

I just ran Windows 10 SFC /scannow and ZERO issues were detected.

Any ideas on how to eliminate the popup? *Huh

Tanks,

Louis

:)

Louisaz, Jun 21, 2016
  2. reikarlo Win User

HELP!!! please

regsvr32 "ole32.dll"

regsvr32 "oleaut32.dll"

regsvr32 "msxml3.dll"

>done!

>there is no error message here but when i entered this two> commands, no notification of whatsoever appeared.

"ServiceLayer.exe" /UnRegServer

"ServiceLayer.exe" /service

>i restart my pc after i enter the commands but it did not work.

>i really appreciate your effort in helping me. Thank You!

reikarlo, Jun 21, 2016
  3. The module "" failied to load... but what module!!!?

Hello,

Was anyone able to provide any further avenue of investigation or is this a fault that is simply not fixable in Windows; a Windows bug perhaps?

I'd really like to see what RegSvr32 is trying to do when it encounters this error, is there any way trace RegSvr32? This error occurs after boot and after login, albeit shortly after login which suggests it is not a boot issue but something going on during
    the login process.

Is there a list of DLLs stored anywhere that RegSvr32 attempts to access as part of the boot sequence or better still a corresponding log file detailing what applications and processes are being kicked off when this error pops up?

Thanks,

CP.

Chunky Plumpy, Jun 21, 2016
  4. Louisaz Win User

The popup was being created by a small application file located in a "roaming" folder. When disabled the popup stopped. I have removed the offending file and the problem has gone away -- permanently. This issue is solved.

Louisaz, Jun 21, 2016
Thema:

1. RegSvr32 Error Message when PC Boots - Similar Threads - RegSvr32 Error Message

2. RegSvr32 Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RegSvr32 Error: Hello,At somepoint today after I restarted my PC, I receive this Error. Prior to his I have to mention that I have Installed the latest Driver of my Nvidia Card. Thinking the install of the videocard might have caused this I re-installed it as well with no avail.To my...
  3. RegSvr32 Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RegSvr32 Error: Hello,At somepoint today after I restarted my PC, I receive this Error. Prior to his I have to mention that I have Installed the latest Driver of my Nvidia Card. Thinking the install of the videocard might have caused this I re-installed it as well with no avail.To my...
  4. Error message when booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message when booting: I just recently reinstalled Windows 11 on my laptop. I am now getting the following error at boot every time. I downloaded Microsoft Teams and attempted to reinstall it and got the same error message. I also did a sfc /scannow and it found no integrity violations. Can I fix...
  5. Error message when booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error message when booting: I just recently reinstalled Windows 11 on my laptop. I am now getting the following error at boot every time. I downloaded Microsoft Teams and attempted to reinstall it and got the same error message. I also did a sfc /scannow and it found no integrity violations. Can I fix...
  6. Error/Missing DLL on RegSvr32

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error/Missing DLL on RegSvr32: so I'm trying to fix my Windows Defender my windows defender "Start Action" and "Offline Scan" Doesnt work then I found this Topic to "Re-Register DLL" but I just get this error message [ATTACH] I already tried to run sfc /scannow , DISM both on Safe Mode and normal mode,...
  7. Error Message when booting Firefox.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error Message when booting Firefox.: When ever I Boot Firefox, I get the following error: cannot find WindowsApps\Microsoft549981.C3F5F10_2.2010.7621.0_x64. What is this error and how do I dix it....
  8. Regsvr32

in Windows 10 Customization
    Regsvr32: Hi dear friend Please help me soon. I am tired [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regsvr32/8d7e3119-89a2-477b-982a-a983140ec4f5
  9. Error message when resetting the PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error message when resetting the PC?: Hello, Today I wanted to set up my PC for the first time. This worked fine until I got this error message (see picture). When I press "OK" or X the PC restarts itself but the error message comes back. Does anyone have a solution? [ATTACH] Fehlermeldung beim PC neu...
  10. regsvr32

in Windows 10 Customization
    regsvr32: Hello there, my name Is Harry and I have recently encountered a problem with Windows 10. everytime I log-on, I have an error message that pops up which looks like this. [ATTACH] when I click the X in the top right corner or "Ok", it pops up again a few moments later...