Windows 10: Regular BSOD - at wits end...

Discus and support Regular BSOD - at wits end... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I'm attaching the diagnostic file to this post containing recent information about BSOD crashes. On both of my laptops that I upgraded from Win 8.1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sunsethill, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Regular BSOD - at wits end...

Hi, I'm attaching the diagnostic file to this post containing recent information about BSOD crashes. On both of my laptops that I upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10, these occur at least once daily when using these laptops. My desktop PC has been fine.

However, these regular BSOD events on my laptops make them almost unusable for work. Like many of you, I can't afford having the laptops crash on a regular basis (i.e. - right in the middle of a GoTo meeting with a client...)

Frustrated is a tame word to express my feelings about the Win 10 upgrade on my laptops.

Please note that both of my laptops are less than 2 years old. Not a single BSOD before the Win 10 upgrade - so I highly doubt that there are any memory issues with these devices. Something other than memory is causing the crashes.

I have uninstalled Avast and installed Malware bytes. The problems persist. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank-you.

Attachment 37345

:)

sunsethill, Sep 12, 2015

2. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION BSOD - At Wit's End

We are volunteers willing to help you try to resolve this issue.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff801ca36a49a, ffffb401807079e0, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff801ca36a49a, ffffb401807079e0, 0}

ntkrnlmp.exe is a Windows component which means something else is driving it into Fault.

1. The likely cause or helping to mask the cause is Norton/Symantec.

ccSvcHst.exe which is Norton/Symantec.

Fully uninstall Norton/Symantec and the run its maker's removal tool to prevent trouble causing remnants. Use Windows Defender which in Windows 10 is a full antivirus.

Norton Removal Tool

http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv...

List of anti-malware program cleanup/uninstall tools

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/wiki...

Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&am...

2. If this computer is still under warranty, or not, you definitely need to be working with Dell Support, their on-line documentation and drivers, and ask in their forums about any known issues. Update the BIOS, chipset drivers, and the major on-board and separate
    device drivers (see driver update methods previously posted).

BiosVersion = A15

BiosReleaseDate = 02/15/2017 <-- very current though there may newer

SystemManufacturer = Dell Inc.

SystemProductName = OptiPlex 3020

SystemVersion = 00

SystemSKU = 0612

BaseBoardManufacturer = Dell Inc.

BaseBoardProduct = 0VHWTR

BaseBoardVersion = A01

CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz"

MaxSpeed: 3200

CurrentSpeed: 3193

3. Run the memory tests (see methods previously posted).

4. As needed use ALL the methods in the troubleshooters below and those previously posted).

5. After ALL the above if needed run Driver Verifier to see if it can indicate a CAUSE (see Driver Verifier methods previously posted).

-----------------------------------------------------------

Troubleshoot blue screen errors <-- read this link

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/t...

If nothing else works after ALL the above try a Clean Boot to see if that stops the problem. If so it is a process of elimination to find the cause.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

How to clean boot Windows 10

http://windowsinstructed.com/clean-boot-windows...

Other programs to help :

Autoruns - Free - See what programs are configured to startup automatically when your system boots and you login. Autoruns also shows you the full list of Registry and file locations where applications can configure auto-start settings.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals...

Process Explorer - Free - Find out what files, registry keys and other objects processes have open, which DLLs they have loaded, and more. This uniquely powerful utility will even show you who owns each process.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals...

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance.

SpiritX MS MVP, Sep 12, 2015
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 12, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Regular BSOD - at wits end...

Hi sunsethill,

The latest crashes are 0x1a which means memory_corruption.
    There are 2 possibilities, either the RAM is bad, or there is a driver (or multiple) causing this problem.
    You say the RAM is fine and I believe you, but I would like to rule it out by testing it.

Regular BSOD - at wits end... [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

If MemTest has indicated there are no problems, then the drivers need to be stressed out to find the cause.

Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

5. After reading a number of threads here mentioning Google Chrome as a possible cause, I removed Chrome from both of the laptops that were having daily BSOD's. (Note: My new PC running Win10 is fine with Chrome installed - no BSOD's)

After completely removing Chrome from the two laptops - it's now been three full days with no BSOD's.

Fingers crossed that my luck continues.

sunsethill, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Regular BSOD - at wits end...

1. Regular BSOD - at wits end... - Similar Threads - Regular BSOD wits

2. BSOD - unexpected_kernel_mode_trap - at wit's end

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - unexpected_kernel_mode_trap - at wit's end: Over the past three weeks, my husband and I have both been crashing non-stop when gaming. Doesn't matter what game. Seems to operate better when the machine hasn't been on a long time.We bought identical machines from the same company in 2019, but within the last year, we've...
  3. BSOD - unexpected_kernel_mode_trap - at wit's end

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - unexpected_kernel_mode_trap - at wit's end: Over the past three weeks, my husband and I have both been crashing non-stop when gaming. Doesn't matter what game. Seems to operate better when the machine hasn't been on a long time.We bought identical machines from the same company in 2019, but within the last year, we've...
  4. Audio Change / At wits end....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Change / At wits end....: OK..... Where the hell to begin.. About a month ago, the audio started to go out on my PC, was running a Titanium HD running through my DAC/AMP (Audio-GD Compass), so I figured what the hell, it's been literally forever, lets upgrade and go from there... Bought a...
  5. Frequent Bluescreens, at wits end.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent Bluescreens, at wits end.: Multiple Bluescreens, multiple times a day and cannot pin point issue, MEMORY_MANAGMENT, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL are mainly the stop codes I am seeing. PC specs: WIN10 Pro i5-6500 NVIDIA GeFORCE 1060 16gig DDR4 RAM...
  6. Constant BSOD - at my wits end

Constant BSOD - at my wits end: Hi, Can someone please look at my minidump files and point me in the right direction here? dump files here https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkUVehxmeikB8TZCZS_rcFQniT2N?e=PZhmYf been getting ntfs.sys a lot of late but has also been others. i had changed my SSD, swapped memory...
  7. Im at wits end....

Im at wits end....: Okay, I've been running NOX android emulator on my windows10 , Dell laptop for about a week with no problems. Then a few days ago, I started it up, and got a blue screen. ERROR VERIFICATION FAILED 15 ACCESS DENIED and in the middle of the screen, theres a little icon that...
  8. At wit's end

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    At wit's end: Ok, so a little while ago, I decided I want to get into game streaming. I'm a stay at home, disabled husband. I bought a decent pair of headphones, and a professional cardiodid mic. Everything worked perfectly - until today. Now, I can't get my mic to work with groups,...
  9. Random BSOD errors. No video on boot. At my wit's end.

Random BSOD errors. No video on boot. At my wit's end.: I built this PC at the end of the school year to be my primary PC for film color correction. A couple of months after the build, I was updating a driver and during reboot, the fans went to 100% and there was no video. KB + Mouse would light up though and I was even able to...
  10. At Wits end

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    At Wits end: Ok, things used to be so easy. I have three new or newer computers running windows 10 and avg internet security ultimate. I can't connect to other computers on network and am just about bald. I can see one computer but the laptop I can't. all settings are the same.. I am...