Windows 10: Regular BSOD following waking computer from Standby

Discus and support Regular BSOD following waking computer from Standby in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've been getting consistent BSOD's, seemingly at random, with the only pattern being that they seem to mostly come after waking the computer from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Psycho Pianist, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Regular BSOD following waking computer from Standby

Hi, I've been getting consistent BSOD's, seemingly at random, with the only pattern being that they seem to mostly come after waking the computer from Standby mode. The BSOD's then can happen two or three times following a restart for some reason. I've attached the .zip file. Would appreciate help on this.

Should probably add that the message on the BSOD is "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE" every single time

EDIT - Just realised that the .zip file doesn't contain anything. So I zipped up the contents of my C:/Windows/Minidump folder here:

Attachment 38371

Thanks. *Smile

Attachment 38354

:)

Psycho Pianist, Sep 19, 2015
  2. RainerHH Win User

Critical Process Died after Standby

after waking up from standby always a BSOD Critical Process Died occurred,

after upgrading to 1709.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate

RainerHH, Sep 19, 2015
  3. Windows 10 computer not shutting down correctly

C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /A

The following sleep states are available on this system:

Standby (S3)

Hibernate

Hybrid Sleep

Fast Startup

The following sleep states are not available on this system:

Standby (S1)

The system firmware does not support this standby state.

Standby (S2)

Standby (S0 Low Power Idle)

C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /waketimers

There are no active wake timers in the system.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /lastwake

Wake History Count - 1

Wake History [0]

Wake Source Count - 0

sachinnakhate, Sep 19, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Regular BSOD following waking computer from Standby

Hi Psycho Pianist,

Welcome to the 10forums.

The crash is caused by a network driver.
    Because I do not have any information about your pc, I do not know from what network device this driver is.
    Please try the tool again and upload the zip file.
    Code: 2: kd> lmvm athurxstart end module name fffff800`48180000 fffff800`4835e000 athurx T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: athurx.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\athurx.sys Image name: athurx.sys Timestamp: Wed Apr 20 12:07:45 2011 (4DAEB071) CheckSum: 001E1C78 ImageSize: 001DE000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. Hi, thanks for that. Just tried the tool again, and came up with this: *Smile

Attachment 38397

Thanks.

Psycho Pianist, Sep 19, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Thank you,

The driver is from TP-Link Wireless USB Adapter, please check for driver updates here.
    Please make sure you have the most recent driver.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Regular BSOD following waking computer from Standby

1. Regular BSOD following waking computer from Standby - Similar Threads - Regular BSOD following

2. My Computer Regularly BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer Regularly BSOD: Usually Either when using a word processor or any other program around 1 hour into a session my computer BSOD without fail. The issue I received this time for the BSOD was "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x0000000000000188,...
  3. My Computer Regularly BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Computer Regularly BSOD: Usually Either when using a word processor or any other program around 1 hour into a session my computer BSOD without fail. The issue I received this time for the BSOD was "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x0000000000000188,...
  4. BSOD when waking computer from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when waking computer from sleep: Hi, I need help with my pc. I am using a laptop with Windows 11 Home Ryzen 5500U, I keep getting blue screen while using my laptop, this usually happens when waking the pc after sleep and when I am on battery only. most of the time the error says Stop code:...
  5. BSOD when waking computer from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when waking computer from sleep: Hi, I need help with my pc. I am using a laptop with Windows 11 Home Ryzen 5500U, I keep getting blue screen while using my laptop, this usually happens when waking the pc after sleep and when I am on battery only. most of the time the error says Stop code:...
  6. Window keeps waking up laptop from Modern Standby

in Windows 10 Support
    Window keeps waking up laptop from Modern Standby: Hi, On my new laptop (it's in my specs) that came with 2004 preinstalled so far I have figured out that updating it to 20H2 has brought back the option to enter Code: reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power /v PlatformAoAcOverride /t REG_DWORD /d 0 (in an elevated...
  7. screen wakes up from standby very fast

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    screen wakes up from standby very fast: Hi, when I'm AFK, I usually lock windows by pressing Windows key + L As a side effect, the screen will quickly go into standby mode. I've bought a completely new system, a new PC, screen, mouse and keyboard. Now my screen wakes up just a few seconds after it goes into...
  8. Scheduled wake from DRIPs (Modern Standby)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scheduled wake from DRIPs (Modern Standby): So, I've spent the last week scouring the web for this and failed! I am trying to wake a Dell XPS laptop overnight to run maintenance tasks, including backup to local network server, and so far it has proven impossible. While in the "Resiliency Phase"...
  9. BSOD on computer wake.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on computer wake.: I have been having this issue for a long while now(3 weeks -ish), and in attempts to fix it, I probably made it worse. I downloaded an "update all drivers" software and broke my computer very badly. In continuing attempts I simply reinstalled windows and the "worse" part is...
  10. BSOD when waking computer from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when waking computer from sleep: Hello My PC will sometimes get a BSOD when waking it up after long hours of sleep, this does not happen reliably and I have no idea how to reproduce it. My GPU and CPU is overclocked however they have caused no issues during general use and gaming. 67440