Windows 10: Regular BSOD when using computer, MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION 0x9c

Discus and support Regular BSOD when using computer, MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION 0x9c in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since the 1st of this month, I've been getting Machine check exceptions randomly after booting from 3-4mins to up to 30-40mins after initial boot. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by throwawayorange, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Regular BSOD when using computer, MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION 0x9c

Since the 1st of this month, I've been getting Machine check exceptions randomly after booting from 3-4mins to up to 30-40mins after initial boot. This computer hasn't had any hardware changes for almost an entire year since I've built it nor has there been any BSOD until a few days ago.

What I've tried:A motherboard BIOs update as well as a CMOS reset and default settings in the motherboard.Opening the case and using compressed air to clean the machine.Reseating the ram and the CPU stock cooler(I didn't take out the CPU)I went to my motherboard site and updated all the drivers on there.I've tried system restore but there is no improvement.I've tried Driver Verifier and I got a BSOD for "Driver_Verifier_iomanager_violation" using whocrashed says its the driver iomap64.sys.

What I've haven't tried:mem86+ test.
    A full virus scan of my system(PC keeps BSODing before the scan can finish).

Notes: Safemode with networking works fantastically with no errors.
    The only recent hardware change is between a Poker3 mech keyboard to an old dell kb212 keyboard and back.

I'll appreciate it if someone can take a look at my drivers and dump logs. *Biggrin

:)

throwawayorange, Jan 3, 2017

2. Random BSOD 0x9c MCE, and problem with Turbo boost i5-6500

Hello,

My Computer:

GET DXDIAG RESULTS.

I have problem with random BSOD (0x9c-MCE).

I have newest Drivers, BIOS.

Most BSOD's I got when I play video on WEB (Youtube-often BSOD, czech websites-always when I play)

I did memtest = OK.

I tested procesor with intel processor diagnostic tool = OK.

I tried everything and still got BSOD 0x9c, when I activate Turbo boost in BIOS, I get more BSOD's.

LINK FOR MINIDUMP.

Can someone help me, please? It is very annoying.

Fuzybitlogic, Jan 3, 2017
  3. BSOD Machine Check Exception

Hi Melvin,

Thank you for letting us know that you are no longer facing the issue. We appreciate your effort.

If you have any Windows related queries in the future, let us know, We will be glad to help.

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jan 3, 2017
  4. lifetec Win User

Regular BSOD when using computer, MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION 0x9c

WHEA error for a MCE fault
    This could point to hardware problem with your CPU but more often also motherboard software and monitoring software can cause this kind of BSODs.
    Update all your Asus utilities software (a.k.a. Asus Bloatware) to the last version or remove them.

Imdisk has drivers from 2015, update it (or remove?)

Also see if a newer driver is avaliable for netr28x Fri May 29 13:26:59 2015, probably your ASUS PCE-N53 300Mbps 11n dual band Wireless PCI-E card

lifetec, Jan 3, 2017
  5. After a few days of tearing out my hair, I finally solved it. In short it was Intel's graphics hd driver.

It was tricky because the bios disables the intel graphics card when a discrete graphics card is installed. Its usually unnecessary to uninstall that driver since the hardware is supposed to be deactivated. Intel's installer does not allow updating it either. In short, it was the only driver that i didn't update since i thought it was irrelevant. I used a program called "Display driver uninstaller" to completely remove the intel graphics and the computer stopped BSODing. I've been running an instance for a least 12 hours without a single BSOD.

Tip: i only considered the intel graphics card when I ran a live boot of linux and found that to be crashing as well. I removed all my pcie devices(graphics card, network card) so i made a gamble on that.

A few notes: When uninstalling the Asus utilities (AI Suite 3), the uninstall leaves a lot of things behind. You would want to do a clean install of all the bloatware and services. Check the asus folder in program files, C:\ProgramData, as well as the registry. Be extra careful when uninstalling USB 3.1 boost as it could disable all your usb I/Os.

I'll update the thread in a few days after I confirmed it to be solved. Thanks lifetec for the suggestions! *Biggrin

throwawayorange, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Regular BSOD when using computer, MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION 0x9c

1. Regular BSOD when using computer, MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION 0x9c - Similar Threads - Regular BSOD using

2. MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION Freeze and BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION Freeze and BSOD: I am experiencing system freeze ups that result in the BSOD with the age old "Your computer has ran into a problem. Gathering information and We'll restart it for you 0% gathered. - For more information research Machine_Check_Exception" I have let the computer hang on that...
  3. Help - Machine Check Exception BSOD

Help - Machine Check Exception BSOD: I am hoping the community may be able to help. I have a brand new HP Pavilion PC purchased from Currys PC World in the UK. I have had the laptop less than a week and am experiencing repeated BSOD with the error MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION. I have been in contact with Microsoft...
  4. Random Machine Check Exception BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Machine Check Exception BSOD: When I booted up my PC for the first time (after installing Windows 10) I downloaded the software I had on my old PC, as well as FireFox. Everything was fine until I got my first crash. My PC randomly froze and after around 10-15 seconds I was given a Machine Check Exception...
  5. BSOD Machine Check Exception hal.dll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD Machine Check Exception hal.dll: Hello, I've been getting this type of BSOD after the last Windows November Update It Happens randomly but at least once a day I've attached my EventViewer info about the crash I could provide more info if is needed ***UPDATE***...
  6. Randomly Occuring 'Machine Check Exception' BSOD's while regular use

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Randomly Occuring 'Machine Check Exception' BSOD's while regular use: After dealing with some issues, I ended up having to completely reinstall Windows 10 on my SSD (after formatting and whatnot). Once that was done, I updated all the mandatory drivers that I could, and made sure that everything seemed fine on that end. However, whenever I'm...
  7. BSOD Machine check exception while using Medibang

BSOD Machine check exception while using Medibang: Hello, I would appreciate any help on my current issue. For the passed month my PC has been crashing while I am using my drawing software Medibang. I am unsure if it is related to the software, but just in case I have been monitoring my temperatures with HWMonitor and they...
  8. BSOD Machine check exception while using Medibang

in Windows 10 Support
    BSOD Machine check exception while using Medibang: Hello, I would appreciate any help on my current issue. For the passed month my PC has been crashing while I am using my drawing software Medibang. I am unsure if it is related to the software, but just in case I have been monitoring my temperatures with HWMonitor and they...
  9. BSOD Machine check exceptions.

BSOD Machine check exceptions.: My computer freezes randomly, often. In the beginning it was the blue screen that said that it needed to restart and then froze, with the text MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTIONS. And sometimes it's just freezing and i have to hold the powerbutton to power it off. Where do i start? I...
  10. BSOD Machine Check Exception

BSOD Machine Check Exception: I am getting a BSOD issue generally when playing games on my pc. The error code is usually Machine_Check_Exception and it comes up somewhat randomly after playing for a bit. Sometimes I can play for an hour with no issues sometimes it will come up after on few minutes of...