Windows 10: Regular freezing

Discus and support Regular freezing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Windows seems to freeze every 30 minutes or so on my HP 255 G3 Notebook PC. Keyboard and mouse unresponsive. It doesn't come back and I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by anklebits, May 14, 2016.

1. anklebits Win User

Regular freezing

Hi,

Windows seems to freeze every 30 minutes or so on my HP 255 G3 Notebook PC. Keyboard and mouse unresponsive. It doesn't come back and I have to power off.

Reliability Monitor just says "Windows unexpectedly shut down".

UEFI tests show all hardware to be working fine.

Any solution? This has been happening for around a week - since I installed Hearthstone (which I have now uninstalled). I tried resetting my PC with removing all files - nothing changed.

Thanks.

:)

anklebits, May 14, 2016
  2. MohHus Win User

Performance issue after upgrade to Windows 10

What I did was install it on motor harddrive and solid hard drive.

In the regular hard drive there is no freezing at all. In the SSD there is freezing.

How to test it

Try using windows (for long time 3-6 hour use) with regular drive and with SS drive and compare.

MohHus, May 14, 2016
  3. Lou.- Win User
    Windows 10 32-bit (1607) - freeze with Intel HD 4400 windows stock driver

Hi,

I'm experiencing regular freezes of my windows system. What it turned out that allways the update of the stock intel graphics HD 4400 driver is installed via the windows update mechanism, the system freezes regularely.

I tried to avoid any update of the windows drivers via settings in the group policy settings but it didn't help and the windows updated driver was suddenly installed again and causes a system freeze.

I'm quite lost...

Lou.-, May 14, 2016
  4. msny Win User

Regular freezing

Try booting into windows 10 safe mode.
    Does the freeze still occur then?

4 Ways To Boot Into Safe Mode In Windows 10

If not, reboot, go into task manager, startup tab. You may be able to disable
    items in there one at a time, then retest. If you find one entry that is the cuprit
    keep it disabled. Check the programs you have installed and make sure your versions
    are win 10 compatible and up to date.

5. anklebits Win User
    Thanks, I will try safe mode now.

Startup programs shouldn't be a problem since I just reset today.

anklebits, May 14, 2016
  6. anklebits Win User
    Works in safe mode.. what should I do now?

I tried disabling them all.. no change.

anklebits, May 14, 2016
  7. anklebits Win User
    Heartless bump but I really need a solution.

anklebits, May 15, 2016
  8. anklebits Win User

Regular freezing

Froze again for the first time in a day, shortly after I opened Chrome.

anklebits, May 15, 2016
  9. anklebits Win User
    Have been using Firefox, working fine until I clicked an image..

anklebits, May 16, 2016
  10. brummyfan Win User
    brummyfan, May 16, 2016
  11. anklebits Win User
    Anyone?

WiFi also stops working sometimes, needing a hard restart.

anklebits, May 22, 2016
  12. h4ck3d Win User
  13. h4ck3d Win User

Regular freezing

Hmm
    Have u tried clean the hardware? Maybe have dirt on cooler and that's cause overheating.

h4ck3d, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Regular freezing

1. Regular freezing - Similar Threads - Regular freezing

2. Windows 10 regularly freezes - only way out is to hard power off and on - how do i diagnose...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 regularly freezes - only way out is to hard power off and on - how do i diagnose...: For quite some time my Windows 10 installation keeps crashing. i.e. the mouse pointer freezes and then thats it. No screen of death. No nothing. Just a frozen screen. I want to diagnose the problem but all drivers are up to date and I can't see how to fix it.Any help on how...
  3. Windows 10 regularly freezes - only way out is to hard power off and on - how do i diagnose...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 regularly freezes - only way out is to hard power off and on - how do i diagnose...: For quite some time my Windows 10 installation keeps crashing. i.e. the mouse pointer freezes and then thats it. No screen of death. No nothing. Just a frozen screen. I want to diagnose the problem but all drivers are up to date and I can't see how to fix it.Any help on how...
  4. Windows 10 regularly freezes - only way out is to hard power off and on - how do i diagnose...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop crash-freezes regularly when on battery power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crash-freezes regularly when on battery power: Recently when my laptop is on battery power, and only on battery power, it's been crashing on a semi-regular basis. The screen freezes, all sound stops, Windows is completely unresponsive to any kind of input. It seems to stay this way indefinitely until I'm forced to turn...
  6. Laptop crash-freezes regularly when on battery power

Laptop crash-freezes regularly when on battery power: Recently when my laptop is on battery power, and only on battery power, it's been crashing on a semi-regular basis. The screen freezes, all sound stops, Windows is completely unresponsive to any kind of input. It seems to stay this way indefinitely until I'm forced to turn...
  7. Laptop crash-freezes regularly when on battery power

8. Windows 10 - Computer/Windows completely freezes/blacks out on a regular basis; no error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Computer/Windows completely freezes/blacks out on a regular basis; no error...: Hello,For some time now months..., my computer has had very annoying freezes of which I cannot find the origin/cause.Here are the symptoms:Business as usual, then, the computer will completely freeze and nothing responds. There's mainly three different kinds of freeze:- The...
  9. Windows 10 - Computer/Windows completely freezes/blacks out on a regular basis; no error...

Windows 10 - Computer/Windows completely freezes/blacks out on a regular basis; no error...: Hello,For some time now months..., my computer has had very annoying freezes of which I cannot find the origin/cause.Here are the symptoms:Business as usual, then, the computer will completely freeze and nothing responds. There's mainly three different kinds of freeze:- The...
  10. Windows 10 - Computer/Windows completely freezes/blacks out on a regular basis; no error...