Windows 10: Reinstall 10 on a locked out W10 computer

Discus and support Reinstall 10 on a locked out W10 computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; An elderly neighbor did a Windows 10 upgrade that, when it was done requested her Microsoft account login which she has no idea what it is, and her... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lenberman, Jun 7, 2016.

1. lenberman Win User

Reinstall 10 on a locked out W10 computer

An elderly neighbor did a Windows 10 upgrade that, when it was done requested her Microsoft account login which she has no idea what it is, and her daughter while trying to help "may" have changed the password and no one knows what it is. I was able to recover her user folder by using an external drive adapter and my laptop. Since I can't open Windows, I'm at a loss of how to restore or reinstall W10. Please help.
    Len
    San Diego

:)

lenberman, Jun 7, 2016
  2. INOV8TN Win User

Win10: Free 'update' - How get reinstall CD?

I was happy w/ 7 but MS forced 10 on me. Was miffed but operational when i figured out how to use IE. MS sent an update a few weeks ago and after that when i rebooted pythondll was not found. I have CD to reinstall 7 but it was useless to reinstall 10.

How do i get a W10 reinstall CD.

The reinstall process that comes with W10 is inconvenient because i have to reinstall all my apps (didn't have to do that when W10 became my default OS).

INOV8TN, Jun 7, 2016
  3. Subvet62 Win User
    W10 Screen goes on and off and never lock on. Mouse and keys are non-responsive. Computer is locke up. Help!

W10 Screen goes on and off and never locks on. Mouse and keys are non-responsive. Computer is locked up. Help!

Subvet62, Jun 7, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

5. Assuming you have her data backed up, then it is no different than any other clean install. Use the Media Creation Tool on your computer to make a USB or DVD, then boot it up on her computer to start the clean install.

DeaconFrost, Jun 7, 2016
  6. try refresh first like ARC suggested then try the others steps

gijoetech1, Jun 7, 2016
  7. Is that available from a boot disc? The OP can't get in to Windows 10.

DeaconFrost, Jun 7, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Reinstall 10 on a locked out W10 computer - Similar Threads - Reinstall locked W10

2. Locked out of computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Locked out of computer: I can't open my computer and fortunately have another computer to type this question. I am totally locked out .I updated the BIOS firmware on my HP Desktop and then when the computer restarted it came to this screen:Your PIN is no longer available due to change to security...
  3. 'Locked out' of computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    'Locked out' of computer.: So last night I was trying to disable some Microsoft background features bad idea @5am disabled too many.Login today and the pin is unavailable. Try and use that, wants to conect me with the store. NO go there.Reboot; Reset, Safe mode, Rollback, Repair are all locked behind a...
  4. Locked out of computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of computer: I want to use a older laptop of mine it says windows 10 on it however I might have had it upgraded to 11, I honestly don't remember. My problem is I cant get passed the lock screen. It says I entered wrong password. I know for a fact it was the right one but changed the...
  5. Locked out of computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out of computer: Trying to update windows. Accidentally requested 4 digit verification code via text instead of email phone won't receive texts. Now I'm locked on the' enter your code page'. Help!...
  6. Locked out of computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of computer: Trying to update windows. Accidentally requested 4 digit verification code via text instead of email phone won't receive texts. Now I'm locked on the' enter your code page'. Help!...
  7. Locked out of Computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Locked out of Computer: I recently got an update on my computer. After it was installed and the computer turned back on I was asked to sign into my windows account. I can't access the Internet to do that because my Internet connection is saying 'No Internet, secured'. I only have the 'sign in'...
  8. Locked out of computer

Locked out of computer: I am unable to sign into the start lock screen. Continuously states wrong password. The screen also shows that I am in airplane mode. I never use airplane mode so I'm unsure how that came to be. As a side not I am able to sign into Microsoft on my android phone with...
  9. Locked out of computer

Locked out of computer: My girlfriend has a HP laptop computer and someone called her and she gave the computers Ip number out and they changed the password to open the computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-computer/e5889992-8aa1-48e4-ac04-ff8c421272a7
  10. Locked out of computer

Locked out of computer: I'm not a very mentally stable person. I dont need this stress in my life and I'm about ready to **** over this. I can't log into my computer because Microsoft decided I needed to change my password cuz of some account issue. I have made a new hotmail and managed to get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reinstal windows 10 on a locked computer

2. resinstall windows 10 locked pc

3. to reset pc that is locked out w10