Windows 10: Reinstall audio driver weekly

Discus and support Reinstall audio driver weekly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, all. Long time no post - things have been running pretty smoothly 'til now. I installed the Spring Creator's Update on the 14th of May without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Casey, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Casey Win User

Reinstall audio driver weekly

Hi, all.

Long time no post - things have been running pretty smoothly 'til now. I installed the Spring Creator's Update on the 14th of May without any issues. In the last two weeks, I have had to troubleshoot sound issues and reinstall my audio driver once a week. This is preceded by a total loss of audio. I reinstall, and everything's fine...but I have no clue as to why this keeps happening.

Please could somebody help?

:)

Casey, Jun 12, 2018

2. Dolby Audio driver

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When are you facing this issue with the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website for current operating system?

I suggest you to uninstall the existing Audio drivers, download the latest drivers for your device and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Audio driver.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the latest audio drivers and check.

Download the latest drivers from: Lenovo Support for g500

Select the driver and operating system to download.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the latest driver:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 13, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Reinstall Flawed Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Automatically after Shut Down

Same issue , same type of audio crash possibly caused by a Windows update to 1607. Uninstalling the drivers in device manager doesn't help -it just reinstalls. The rollback option is greyed out and can't be selected. Reinstalling the audio driver from the
    manufacturer does not help either (ASUS T100HA). Reinstalling Realtek audio drivers (latest Win 10) was a no go.

The suggested hide/show troubleshooter does not show any audio drivers in the listing so was no help in my instance.

Stumped. Any other suggestions?

...Glenn

GlennSzlagowski, Jun 13, 2018
Thema:

Reinstall audio driver weekly

1. Reinstall audio driver weekly - Similar Threads - Reinstall audio driver

2. Trying to reinstall Realtek Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to reinstall Realtek Audio Driver: Unable to reinstall Realtek Audio because “The installation of this device is forbidden by system policy. Contact your system administrator.”Please help....
  3. Intel adapter driver must be reinstalled weekly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel adapter driver must be reinstalled weekly: I have an Intel AX201 adapter onboard my HP Specter 360 laptop - I7 11th gen. I routinely notice a degradation of my wifi performance. When I uninstall the device, or if I simply disable and then reenable the network card, my wifi performance is 500+ MBS. After a couple of...
  4. Intel adapter driver must be reinstalled weekly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel adapter driver must be reinstalled weekly: I have an Intel AX201 adapter onboard my HP Specter 360 laptop - I7 11th gen. I routinely notice a degradation of my wifi performance. When I uninstall the device, or if I simply disable and then reenable the network card, my wifi performance is 500+ MBS. After a couple of...
  5. Intel adapter driver must be reinstalled weekly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. failed realtek audio driver reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    failed realtek audio driver reinstall: hello, i have windows 11 homean hour ago, im reinstalling my audio driver by uninstalling the device and check the mark to delete the driver, and then i installed the driver from laptop manufacture acer. when i restarted i got no sound, and when i checked in device manager it...
  7. Unable to reinstall Realtek Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to reinstall Realtek Audio Drivers: Hello, I replaced my GPU a week or two ago from a AMD Radeon RX 460 to Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB, and this morning I started my computer, where I received a pop-up box saying my AMD drivers were not detected. I downloaded AMD Cleanup Utility and ran it in Safe Mode and, after...
  8. Have to reinstall audio driver weekly since Spring Creator's Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Have to reinstall audio driver weekly since Spring Creator's Update: Hi, all. Long time no post - things have been running pretty smoothly 'til now. I installed the Spring Creator's Update on the 14th of May without any issues. In the last two weeks, I have had to troubleshoot sound issues and reinstall my audio driver once a week. This is...
  9. reinstall dolby audio driver

reinstall dolby audio driver: I just upgraded from 8.1 to 10. Since then I get the message logging in that Windows cannot open dolby audio and to reinstall. Sound is barely audible thugh it was fine with Windows 8.1 found one on Wndows driver download page but, though I got notice it downloaded...
  10. How to reinstall audio drivers?

How to reinstall audio drivers?: Today I updated my laptop to latest build of windows. After that I found "No Audio Output Device Is Installed" message. I reinstalled audio drivers from Dell (Audio_Driver_PKGMR_WN32_6.0.1.7564_A01) Still no sound. I checked device manager it shows, Other Devices-High...