Windows 10: Reinstall Calendar w/o a Microsoft account

Discus and support Reinstall Calendar w/o a Microsoft account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; First off, thanks in advance for any help offered. My new ASUS laptop came with Windows 10, so this is not an upgrade install, but an OEM purchase,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bookbear1948, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Reinstall Calendar w/o a Microsoft account

First off, thanks in advance for any help offered.

My new ASUS laptop came with Windows 10, so this is not an upgrade install, but an OEM purchase, and therefore not a pre-release build. My problem is this: I accidentally uninstalled the Mail/Calendar app that comes with Win10, thinking that they were two separate apps. In uninstalling Mail (which I have no use for), the uninstall also took away Calendar (done through a Powershell command).

I understand I can get these back through the App Store, but only if I have a Microsoft Account. I do not want, and do not have, a Microsoft Account. Is there ANY way I can get the Calendar app back on my machine? I do not want to convert my local account to a Microsoft Account. Any suggestions?

:)

Bookbear1948, Jan 31, 2016
  2. KL886 Win User

Calendar and Task

I use microsoft exchange to sync my company account's calendar. How can I make the Calendar to show the "Task" on the front page (w/o the need to go into "task") and to highlight the Outstanding Tasks (if any)?

KL886, Jan 31, 2016
  3. G.P.K. Win User
    Is there a way to NOT use any accounts (Microsoft, Outlook .... etc.) and to store my contacts ONLY in the phone

No. I don't want to change the Microsoft account unless I can access the Store without account.

I'd like to know whether I can store contacts without having Microsoft account? ...w/o having any accounts?

G.P.K., Jan 31, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Reinstall Calendar w/o a Microsoft account

@Bookbear1948

You could sign in to the Store only with an MS Account, but you'll have to create an account nevertheless.

Edwin, Jan 31, 2016
  5. OK, I get that, but I've been warned that in creating a Microsoft Account, MS will look for and automatically upgrade any existing local accounts it finds on the machine to Microsoft ones. How do I avoid that happening?

Secondly, can I delete the MS account once it's made?

Third, will the reinstalled Calendar app work with my local account or only with the MS account it was obtained through?

And thanks for your prompt reply!

6. Winuser Win User
    I haven't heard of anyone saying that MS changed their local account to a MS account. What's wrong with a MS account? I've had a MS account since the beginning of Windows 10(Insider Program). The only problem I ever had with a MS account was when installing a preview build the MS account used the first few letters of my email address as my user name.

Winuser, Jan 31, 2016
  7. Edwin New Member
    Yeah, you can remove the MS account after, but then the Calendar App will only work as a generic calendar, then you may as well just use the one that pops out of the system tray clock.

Edwin, Jan 31, 2016
  8. Reinstall Calendar w/o a Microsoft account

Several web sites and forums mention the forced behavior, such as http://www.howtogeek.com/230543/how-...re-hijacks-it/
    Specifically, this: "Recently, however, we discovered a super annoying way that your local user account is automatically and without your permission converted into a Microsoft account: when you first log into the Windows Store on your new Windows 10 PC your local user account (say “Bill”) gets switched over seamlessly to whatever email address you use for the Windows Store (say “bill@whythehellwouldyoudothismicrosoft.com”).
    Not only is this an annoyance but if you end up in some comedy-of-errors situation where someone who isn’t you logs into the Windows Store then it converts your local user account to a Microsoft account with their login credentials. Further compounding the problem you need their password to undo the mess (and, should you lock your computer or log out before you fix the problem you’ll need their password just to access your computer). It’s all rather bizarre and a very poor and underhanded bid to get people using the Microsoft-style login instead of the local-user login."

Since I would be having to use the Windows Store, this is highly worrisome to me.

For me, it's a privacy issue.

9. Thanks for your reply. My use of the Calendar app was to be able to record upcoming appointments and such. The system tray clock doesn't allow that.

Bookbear1948, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Reinstall Calendar w/o a Microsoft account

1. Reinstall Calendar w/o a Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Reinstall Calendar Microsoft

2. Reinstall Win11ProforWorkstation w/o Going Through Upgrade AGAIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Win11ProforWorkstation w/o Going Through Upgrade AGAIN: Bought Workstation laptop/ships with Windows10Home. Upgraded to Windows11ProforWorkstation $$$. Kept up-to-date with ALL Microsoft updates.Now 2.5 years later and I need to refresh the laptop.How to force the refresh to refresh to Win11ProforWorkstations at the latest...
  3. Reinstall Win11ProforWorkstation w/o Going Through Upgrade AGAIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall Win11ProforWorkstation w/o Going Through Upgrade AGAIN: Bought Workstation laptop/ships with Windows10Home. Upgraded to Windows11ProforWorkstation $$$. Kept up-to-date with ALL Microsoft updates.Now 2.5 years later and I need to refresh the laptop.How to force the refresh to refresh to Win11ProforWorkstations at the latest...
  4. Dad needs administrative account on son's laptop w/o Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Dad needs administrative account on son's laptop w/o Microsoft account: Hello, My son is the lone user of his laptop. It runs Windows 10 v1909. We are finding he is staying up too late and this results in a dysfunctional day after. I have my router locked down against viewing inappropriate content so I am not concerned about this issue. I need...
  5. Noob question - Windows 10 reinstall w/o disc/documentation?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Noob question - Windows 10 reinstall w/o disc/documentation?: My situation: A) I need to reinstall windows 10. B) I never purchased a copy of Windows 10, but rather updated from a (legal, purchased) copy of windows 7. C) I no longer have the disc or documentation for the copy of windows 7 I purchased (lost in a house move years ago)....
  6. Install Windows 10 w/o Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows 10 w/o Microsoft account: Hello: When setting up any PC, I set it up using a local account instead of using the other options e-mail, phone, Skype, etc.. I have a new PC with Windows 10 on it. I booted it up and selected my normal options including connecting to a local wifi network. Then I got...
  7. deleting administrator account w/o having password

deleting administrator account w/o having password: I need to delete the administrator account on my windows 10 system at work because she is no longer working here & no one knows her password to get into the administrator account & delete it & set up a new one. can anyone tell me how to get this accomplished? 134348
  8. deleting administrator account w/o having password

in Windows 10 Support
    deleting administrator account w/o having password: I need to delete the administrator account on my windows 10 system at work because she is no longer working here & no one knows her password to get into the administrator account & delete it & set up a new one. can anyone tell me how to get this accomplished? 134348
  9. Any way to recreate User folders w/o reinstall?

Any way to recreate User folders w/o reinstall?: Last nite's update or Disk Cleanup has deleted all my User folders I moved to my Data HDD, H:. (So they're not in C:\Users|Mac20 either). (I do have two 3D Objects in both places oddly.) Is there a way to recreate them somehow or is the only solution to totally reinstall?...
  10. Any way to recreate User folders w/o reinstall?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to recreate User folders w/o reinstall?: Last nite's update or Disk Cleanup has deleted all my User folders I moved to my Data HDD, H:. (So they're not in C:\Users|Mac20 either). (I do have two 3D Objects in both places oddly.) Is there a way to recreate them somehow or is the only solution to totally reinstall?...