Windows 10: reinstall dolby audio driver

Discus and support reinstall dolby audio driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just upgraded from 8.1 to 10. Since then I get the message logging in that Windows cannot open dolby audio and to reinstall. Sound is barely audible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by casale, Jul 25, 2016.

1. casale Win User

reinstall dolby audio driver

I just upgraded from 8.1 to 10. Since then I get the message logging in that Windows cannot open dolby audio and to reinstall. Sound is barely audible thugh it was fine with Windows 8.1 found one on Wndows driver download page but, though I got notice it downloaded successfully, the problem persists - i.e. message doby failed to open - and sound is still barely audible. Any help greatly appreciated. At 75, I'm hard of hearing despite $6,000 pent on hearing aids.

:)

casale, Jul 25, 2016

2. Dolby Advanced Audio and Dolby Digital Plus Advanced Audio

I upgraded to Windows 10. On the Control Panel, both Dolby Advanced Audio and Dolby Digital Plus Advanced Audio are listed.

Neither one is listed in Device Manager. When I click on Dolby Advanced Audio, It says, "Unable to start the Dolby Audio Driver. Restart the computer or reinstall the driver". Clicking on Dolby Digital Plus Advanced Audio the app opens. Do I really need both?
    Both are listed on Programs and Features.

Polaris380, Jul 25, 2016
  3. Dolby Audio Missing

My pc came with Dolby Audio installed, it worked fine before the new Fall update but now after a lot of clean reinstalls, it is still missing. In my sound card properties page, it says that Dolby Audio is enabled in the Dolby Audio tab but when I search
    for Dolby Audio to bring up the control panel, like I used to, it doesn't come up. Its not in the start menu or anything. I have reinstalled Windows and the sound driver numerous times. Please help, I want my equaliser back!

Prismatic Plasma, Jul 25, 2016
  4. reinstall dolby audio driver

Hello Casale,

What did you say? *Wink

What model of Lenova Laptop do you have? We need this information to better assist you.

If your not sure of the model, here is a PC Audit tool which builds a detailed profile of your installed software and hardware, network inventory, missing Microsoft hotfixes, anti-virus status, security benchmarks, and displays the results in your Web browser. All of your PC profile information is kept private on your PC and is not sent to any web server.
    reinstall dolby audio driver [​IMG]

Products: Belarc Advisor
    Download and run a scan. This will also help you to complete the information in your "System Specs" in "My Profile"

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 25, 2016
  5. casale Win User
    G580 idea pad and thans
    ks for the quick action

casale, Jul 25, 2016
  6. OK, thanks for the model info.

1. Try running the audio Windows Troubleshooter.
    To find all of the troubleshooters, go to the search box and enter Troubleshooting. Open the Troubleshooting Control Panel and select View all from the left pane. Choose "Playing Audio" Didn't work?

2. Try Windows Update, may have a generic audio driver to install for your device. Didn't work?

3. Next, would be to go into "Device Manage" uninstall the audio driver, scan for hardware changes, then update the driver. I can walk you through the process, if you need help here.

And if all else fails, we can try finding a driver on the Lenovo website for your device.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 25, 2016
  7. casale Win User
    Dear John,

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, your suggestions did work. Sorry for my delay in getting back but I had an unexpected stay in the hospital with a heart attack. You offered to walk me through some other options, which I would appreciate very much. Again, the problem is that, on start up, I get a message that Windows 10 couldn't open the Dolby audio driver and to reinstall it. I don't know where that driver is to do so. I should also note that I DO get sound, but it is very weak where, before updating to Windows 10 from 8.1, it was satisfactorily loud. I don't know whether to expect you to get back immediately or will contact me for a time. I'll stay on-line for a while. If I don't hear from you in a fewminutes I'll look for a message from you. Thanks again for your patience and assistance. Frank
    w

casale, Sep 9, 2016
  8. Tom886 Win User

Dolby Audio is not a driver, its an app which will be enabled if the chip and the license is enabled.
    Unfortunately, Lenovo lists 2 audio drivers fr your model, one for Conexant, one for Realtek.
    Both don't offer drivers for Windows 10, however, if you have a Realtek Audio, then you can use also the the driver for the Ideapad 430:
    https://download.lenovo.com/consumer...s/0vuw01af.exe
    I downloaded the above package and can confirm it includes also the Dolby application

Cheers
    Tom

Tom886, Sep 11, 2016
  9. Adalwar Win User
    Did you try to Uninstall the Dolby and Audio Drivers, Reboot and Install the Original 8.1 Audio Drivers?
    I have the same problem, doing as above solves the issue.

Adalwar, Sep 12, 2016
  10. casale Win User
    Dear Adalwar,
    First, thank you for the reply.
    I am novice at this so please excuse my naivete. My original question was where to find the dolby driver so I can do what you suggest. That is, if I uninstall dolby, isn't the driver erased from my computer? In short how do I find whatever it is I have to reinstall? Frank

casale, Sep 12, 2016
  11. casale Win User
    Dear Adalwar,
    First, thank you for the reply.
    I am novice at this so please excuse my naivete. My original question was where to find the dolby driver so I can do what you suggest. That is, if I uninstall dolby, isn't the driver erased from my computer? In short how do I find whatever it is I have to reinstall? Frank

casale, Sep 12, 2016
  12. Adalwar Win User
    I believe the Dolby will be Installed along your Audio Drivers. At least in my Lenovo z710 it is like that, that means I have no extra or standalone driver for Dolby.
    My Windows 8.1 Drivers are working perfectly in Windows 10.
    Normally , in Drive D: there is folder containing all Lenovo Drivers for your Laptop.
    Look if you find the Drivers , also at Lenovo Site there are the Drivers for your Connexant Sound Card, although for W8.1, but they should work in W10.
    Also in Control Panel there is a Icon for Dolby with a Blue Button on top Left, to switch on/off Dolby. Give it a try.

Adalwar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. reinstall dolby audio driver - Similar Threads - reinstall dolby audio

2. Reinstalling Dolby Access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstalling Dolby Access: I accidentally formatted hard drive on which Dolby Atmos was installed. Now i can't install it through app store or it won't reset. If someone could help. I don't want to reset my windows. submitted by /u/Jw9305 [link] [comments]...
  3. Dolby Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dolby Audio Driver: I recently updated my computer and when I finished I noticed that something was off. I then realized that the Dolby Audio Driver for my computer was gone and I tried going to the manufacturers website to get it back but it wasn't there. Can you please help me get it back?...
  4. Dolby audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dolby audio: I recently dropped me headset when it was in my pc and the got ripped out and now when i plug them in Dolby audio won't work anymore please send help. submitted by /u/slushyman44 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i913es/dolby_audio/
  5. dolby audio driver for a alienware m15 laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    dolby audio driver for a alienware m15 laptop: please give me a download link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dolby-audio-driver-for-a-alienware-m15-laptop/d74cdf10-1fe4-41ed-8062-261483981ca3
  6. Dolby audio is not working .

Dolby audio is not working .: when I open the Dolby audio it shows that There is a problem in accessing dolBy audio driver .then what should I do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dolby-audio-is-not-working/1b61db10-5ac8-423f-bb88-dd3cc975ecc6
  7. Problem in accessing the Dolby Audio Driver

Problem in accessing the Dolby Audio Driver: Hi, I am getting error "problem in accessing the Dolby Audio Driver, pleae restart the computer or reinstall the driver if the problem persists." after updating my windows 10 OS. I did the same i.e i reinstalled the driver but still this problem is not fixed. Please help!...
  8. Dolby Audio Drivers help not as good sound

Dolby Audio Drivers help not as good sound: Hello! I recently got myself a custom built pc with pretty good specs after using an acer labtop for awhile. i noticed with the new pc even after i bought a new headset which should be better or just as good as the old one that my sound was not as good and without almost any...
  9. Reinstall audio driver weekly

Reinstall audio driver weekly: Hi, all. Long time no post - things have been running pretty smoothly 'til now. I installed the Spring Creator's Update on the 14th of May without any issues. In the last two weeks, I have had to troubleshoot sound issues and reinstall my audio driver once a week. This is...
  10. How to reinstall audio drivers?

How to reinstall audio drivers?: Today I updated my laptop to latest build of windows. After that I found "No Audio Output Device Is Installed" message. I reinstalled audio drivers from Dell (Audio_Driver_PKGMR_WN32_6.0.1.7564_A01) Still no sound. I checked device manager it shows, Other Devices-High...