reinstall from Recovery

Discus and support reinstall from Recovery in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Having a strange problem. I want to reinstall windows from my HP Recovery Drive. (I know I can download the Win 10 Media creator Tool, but I don't want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gallicbear, May 13, 2018.

1. Having a strange problem. I want to reinstall windows from my HP Recovery Drive. (I know I can download the Win 10 Media creator Tool, but I don't want to). Since I have no longer have the Recovery manager (and HP doesn't make it available), I used 7Zip to extract the WIM file. It has all the files except the boot files, which I added (boot, EFI, bootmgr, etc). When I start up the laptop and boot into the usb drive, it says that my device isn't recognized. But it is recognized in another laptop. My other option was to reinstall from within Windows and click on setup. Then the error code is 'autorun not found or corrupt'. Any tips or ideas? Thank you in advance for your help.

:)

2. System recovery

Hi everyone, I have installed windows 10 in my PC but I would like to remove it to reinstall the previous operating system.

Can anyone explain how to do that?

I tried to recover from the system recovery but the windows 10 installation is not listed!!

Please help!

3. Recovery

Hi,

I can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction to fix the issue. However, I would appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down the issue in order to provide you with better assistance.

• Are you willing to create a recovery drive or trying to restore files from created recovery drive?
    • Are you getting any error message/code while performing the task? If yes, what is the exact error message/code?

Here are few articles which might help you to get the answer of your query.

Recovery options in Windows 10

Create a recovery drive

How to: Create a Recovery Drive for reinstalling Windows 10

Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Thema:

reinstall from Recovery

reinstall from Recovery - Similar Threads - reinstall Recovery

Forum Date

'No pen or touch input is available for this display' after reinstall

'No pen or touch input is available for this display' after reinstall: 'No pen or touch input is available for this display' after Win10Home reinstall After five solid days of bashing my head against a wall* trying to get Win1709 to update to 1803 on my Tesco Connect Win 10 Home tablet, I finally resorted to doing a reinstall from an ISO/usb...
Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade Thursday at 2:22 PM

Reinstall Win 10 on a crashed system.

Reinstall Win 10 on a crashed system.: With my good PC, I used the MS tool (Media Creation Tool 1803) to create a USB drive that will install win 10 to a different PC. According to the web site, it should boot up to the “install Windows” page. After setting the bios to boot from USB, it booted up into the media...
Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade Tuesday at 7:34 PM

How to recover programs (and data) from Windows.old after reinstall?

How to recover programs (and data) from Windows.old after reinstall?: G'day folks, I could not boot into Windows 10 after an automatic update overnight. NOTHING I tried would give me keyboard or mouse interaction after the "cave and ocean" screen. I could use both if I booted to a USB drive but I tried everything to no avail in trying to make...
Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade May 11, 2018

Reinstalling Windows (what drive)

Reinstalling Windows (what drive): I’m in the process of reinstalling Windows 10. I have 3 drives (C, D, E). When I get to the screen that’s asking me to choose which drive to place Windows, I don’t know. I have data on the other drives so I don’t want to accidentally erase it. [img] [img] When I click on...
Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade May 10, 2018

questions about reinstalling windows 10

questions about reinstalling windows 10: so i want to reinstall windows 10due to some problems , i have some questions regarding data loss eetc i want to reinstall without losing any data , i have games , musics , pictures , videos and many other things , and i dont want to lose them , is it possible to reinstall...
Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade Apr 2, 2018

Help with Legacy BIOS Boot setup and Windows 10 reinstall non-UEFI

Help with Legacy BIOS Boot setup and Windows 10 reinstall non-UEFI: I've been having constant problems with my new Sound BlasterX AE-5 soundcard not being consistently recognized at boot. It seems it is extremely similar to the issue that the older Sound Blaster Z cards had several years ago where they were not recognized on many, but not...
Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade Mar 14, 2018

Upgrading my SSD - Do I need to reinstall Windows?

Upgrading my SSD - Do I need to reinstall Windows?: Hi, I have a Samsung SSD 830 Series 128GB 2.5" disk running basically only Windows. I've moved all users folders to my other HDD (Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB) and on this disc all Program Files, games etc. are stored. Now I bought this Western Digital Blue 3D NAND...
Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade Feb 25, 2018

Very Major Problem With Error 0x8007025D While Reinstalling Windows 10

Very Major Problem With Error 0x8007025D While Reinstalling Windows 10: I am about to rip out my hair due to this damned error. So I am currently trying to reinstall Windows 10/reformat my laptop. I ran the Media Installation Tool on my dad's laptop and have it on my usb now. I went through the setup on my laptop, selected Windows 10 Home,...
Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade Feb 18, 2018

How to prepare partitions for reinstalling windows?

How to prepare partitions for reinstalling windows?: I'm reinstalling windows 10 soon, following this tutorial Clean Install Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials since it seems to be the best and most complete (can't find any good videos which would just be easier visually). On step 13, it says "A) Delete all...
Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade Feb 9, 2018

Reinstalling Windows 7 using Recovery Disks

Reinstalling Windows 7 using Recovery Disks: Here's my situation. Prior to doing my Windows 10 upgrade on my HP Pavillion DVT7 2200 Notebook, I successfully created the 3 Recovery disks. Prior to that I was receiving messages that a hard drive failure is eminent and I should back up my files and replace the hard drive....
Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade Oct 10, 2015
reinstall from Recovery solved