Windows 10: reinstall from Recovery

Discus and support reinstall from Recovery in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Having a strange problem. I want to reinstall windows from my HP Recovery Drive. (I know I can download the Win 10 Media creator Tool, but I don't want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gallicbear, May 12, 2018.

1. gallicbear Win User

reinstall from Recovery

Having a strange problem. I want to reinstall windows from my HP Recovery Drive. (I know I can download the Win 10 Media creator Tool, but I don't want to). Since I have no longer have the Recovery manager (and HP doesn't make it available), I used 7Zip to extract the WIM file. It has all the files except the boot files, which I added (boot, EFI, bootmgr, etc). When I start up the laptop and boot into the usb drive, it says that my device isn't recognized. But it is recognized in another laptop. My other option was to reinstall from within Windows and click on setup. Then the error code is 'autorun not found or corrupt'. Any tips or ideas? Thank you in advance for your help.

:)

gallicbear, May 12, 2018
  2. Michele Lai Win User

System recovery

Hi everyone, I have installed windows 10 in my PC but I would like to remove it to reinstall the previous operating system.

Can anyone explain how to do that?

I tried to recover from the system recovery but the windows 10 installation is not listed!!

Please help!

Michele Lai, May 16, 2018
  3. Ramesh.Kumar Win User
    Recovery

Hi,

I can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction to fix the issue. However, I would appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down the issue in order to provide you with better assistance.

• Are you willing to create a recovery drive or trying to restore files from created recovery drive?
    • Are you getting any error message/code while performing the task? If yes, what is the exact error message/code?

Here are few articles which might help you to get the answer of your query.

Recovery options in Windows 10

Create a recovery drive

How to: Create a Recovery Drive for reinstalling Windows 10

Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 16, 2018
Thema:

reinstall from Recovery

1. reinstall from Recovery - Similar Threads - reinstall Recovery

2. Win10 Crashed and can't reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Crashed and can't reinstall: My Windows 10 Pro (64bit) crashed on this last Saturday. After trying many suggested solutions, I finally use the Microsoft Update and Windows 10 was back. I used my backup program and restored the previous backup. All appeared okay. The most recent Windows update was...
  3. Win10 Crashed Not able to reinstall

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Crashed Not able to reinstall: My Windows 10 Pro (64bit) crashed on this last Saturday. After trying many suggested solutions, I finally use the Microsoft Update and Windows 10 was back. I used my backup program and restored the previous backup. All appeared okay. The most recent Windows update was...
  4. Windows 10 Defender, Update, Recovery, Reset, and reinstall not working.

Windows 10 Defender, Update, Recovery, Reset, and reinstall not working.: To provide some context: Everything was perfectly fine about a week ago, no detected threats, no malfunctions. Then, I noticed Windows Defender being off on every boot up, so i turned it back on again. At one point, I could not activate windows defender anymore, as I was...
  5. Reinstalled Horizon 4 - Lost All Save Data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalled Horizon 4 - Lost All Save Data: Hello Everyone, So I have reinstalled Forza Horizon 4 as it kept crashing for some reason. The reinstalling fixed the issue, but the whole game started over. Please don't tell me that I have to go through all of the starting races to get my progress back. I played so...
  6. Minecraft Windows 10, reinstalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10, reinstalling: Hello. The game in question was often blocked when I changed skin so I decided to re-install it as suggested in the mojan portal. But now I can not find the worlds created previously. It seems I lost everything. Is there a way to recover previously created worlds (about 100...
  7. How do I reinstall win 10 1803 home; I have C: drive, and Windows/Lenovo recovery on D:...

How do I reinstall win 10 1803 home; I have C: drive, and Windows/Lenovo recovery on D:...: Forget my last 6 months of frustration; maybe rootkit, maybe corruption. 6 month old new Lenovo ideapad 320**; 7th If, 16GB, 1 Tb HD partitioned: C: and D: (Backuup Lenovo Drivers, software, and Backup Win 10 1709). The computer is functional; but many things do not...
  8. recovery options, reset versus reinstall from dvd?

in Windows 10 Support
    recovery options, reset versus reinstall from dvd?: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...covery-options If the SFC /scannow comes back good. what good will reset the pc accomplish? How does a complete fresh install fix things if SFC is ok? I dont understand if the system files are ok, is it configuration files that...
  9. wondering if file recovery after Windows Reinstallation was possible

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    wondering if file recovery after Windows Reinstallation was possible: Hi all, About a month ago my computer was misbehaving and needed repair, so I went to Best Buy. Long story short, I did not backup my computer to the utmost. When they reinstalled windows, I was bummed but went along my merry way, not even wondering if file recovery after...
  10. Reinstalling Windows 7 using Recovery Disks

Reinstalling Windows 7 using Recovery Disks: Here's my situation. Prior to doing my Windows 10 upgrade on my HP Pavillion DVT7 2200 Notebook, I successfully created the 3 Recovery disks. Prior to that I was receiving messages that a hard drive failure is eminent and I should back up my files and replace the hard drive....