Windows 10: reinstall from Recovery

Discus and support reinstall from Recovery in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Having a strange problem. I want to reinstall windows from my HP Recovery Drive. (I know I can download the Win 10 Media creator Tool, but I don't want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gallicbear, May 12, 2018.

1. reinstall from Recovery

Having a strange problem. I want to reinstall windows from my HP Recovery Drive. (I know I can download the Win 10 Media creator Tool, but I don't want to). Since I have no longer have the Recovery manager (and HP doesn't make it available), I used 7Zip to extract the WIM file. It has all the files except the boot files, which I added (boot, EFI, bootmgr, etc). When I start up the laptop and boot into the usb drive, it says that my device isn't recognized. But it is recognized in another laptop. My other option was to reinstall from within Windows and click on setup. Then the error code is 'autorun not found or corrupt'. Any tips or ideas? Thank you in advance for your help.

:)

gallicbear, May 12, 2018

2. System recovery

Hi everyone, I have installed windows 10 in my PC but I would like to remove it to reinstall the previous operating system.

Can anyone explain how to do that?

I tried to recover from the system recovery but the windows 10 installation is not listed!!

Please help!

Michele Lai, May 16, 2018
  3. Recovery

Hi,

I can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction to fix the issue. However, I would appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down the issue in order to provide you with better assistance.

• Are you willing to create a recovery drive or trying to restore files from created recovery drive?
    • Are you getting any error message/code while performing the task? If yes, what is the exact error message/code?

Here are few articles which might help you to get the answer of your query.

Recovery options in Windows 10

Create a recovery drive

How to: Create a Recovery Drive for reinstalling Windows 10

Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 16, 2018
Thema:

reinstall from Recovery

1. reinstall from Recovery - Similar Threads - reinstall Recovery

2. Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found: Hello,My surface pro 6 just refused to log in windows one day. It was not possible to do recovery. i tried to reinstall windows with a bootable USB, however, when it was time to install, i got the 'No device drivers were found' message.I then downloaded RST driver on intel...
  3. Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found: Hello,My surface pro 6 just refused to log in windows one day. It was not possible to do recovery. i tried to reinstall windows with a bootable USB, however, when it was time to install, i got the 'No device drivers were found' message.I then downloaded RST driver on intel...
  4. Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can't find Bitlocker recovery key, reset computer or reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find Bitlocker recovery key, reset computer or reinstall windows: Hello,My daughter went to open her Lenovo school laptop this morning and there was a blue screen asking to enter the BitLocker recovery key. I tried following online instructions to get the recovery key to no avail. Her personal school outlook account says "no devices linked...
  6. Can't find Bitlocker recovery key, reset computer or reinstall windows

Can't find Bitlocker recovery key, reset computer or reinstall windows: Hello,My daughter went to open her Lenovo school laptop this morning and there was a blue screen asking to enter the BitLocker recovery key. I tried following online instructions to get the recovery key to no avail. Her personal school outlook account says "no devices linked...
  7. Windows will not boot when I reinstall & won’t boot into recovery when pressing F1.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows will not boot when I reinstall & won’t boot into recovery when pressing F1.: Title says it all. I’ve reinstalled window with MCT and try to boot windows and keep getting this error even after formatting the drive. I’ve tried to load into recovery environment but get taken back onto this screen....
  8. Windows will not boot when I reinstall & won’t boot into recovery when pressing F1.

Windows will not boot when I reinstall & won’t boot into recovery when pressing F1.: Title says it all. I’ve reinstalled window with MCT and try to boot windows and keep getting this error even after formatting the drive. I’ve tried to load into recovery environment but get taken back onto this screen....
  9. Windows will not boot when I reinstall & won’t boot into recovery when pressing F1.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. how to change recovery media from local reinstall to cloud?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change recovery media from local reinstall to cloud?: When I wanted to reset my PC I picked local reinstall and now it asks for a recovery media. How can I change it to cloud download as this window doesn't appear anymore? Thanks...