Windows 10: reinstall "Mail & Calendar" on 10162

Discus and support reinstall "Mail & Calendar" on 10162 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Anyone know how to reinstall "Mail & Calendar" on 10162? 7861 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jyusa, Jul 5, 2015.

1. jyusa Win User

reinstall "Mail & Calendar" on 10162

Anyone know how to reinstall "Mail & Calendar" on 10162?

:)

jyusa, Jul 5, 2015
  2. Stanley Yeow, Jul 5, 2015
  3. grschinon Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Jul 5, 2015
  4. nt62 Win User

How did you uninstall them?
    You cannot from the menu.

You could go to settings > update and security > recovery > reset this PC

nt62, Jul 5, 2015
  5. jyusa Win User
    It was not installed correctly, no, I can't uninstall them.

I don't want to reset the PC just for that.

jyusa, Jul 5, 2015
  6. Go to the Store,
    sign-in with the user icon,
    right click the user icon,
    select Library
    press show all - apps category
    press the down arrow to the right of Mail.

I'm not on Win10 at the moment, so I can't verify that Mail is available - it might be branded as something else or have a codename - Windows Mail, Outlook Mail, Communications ....
    Library might also be labeled My Library

You'll figure it out if the names are close enough.

I have a PowerShell script that will uninstall the app if a simple re-install doesn't do the trick. I need to change the Mail app release number and test it.

Mail on my machine won't recognize my account nor will it let me re-create it (says it's already configured - go figure *Wink )

Slartybart, Jul 5, 2015
  7. jyusa Win User
    None of the stock Apps are list in My Library of the Store.

Are you talking about this - "Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online"

Thanks!

jyusa, Jul 5, 2015
  8. jyusa Win User

I have noticed that on my other machine with 10162, when open the Mail & Calendar and came out a message said something about an issue, then direct me to reinstall from the Store. Any idea to purposely crash it to force it to reinstall?

jyusa, Jul 5, 2015
  9. Since the Store doesn't show any of your installed apps, you might want to try

Run [ WSreset ]
    Also be sure that you are signing in with the same MS account that you used in previous builds.

Yes, that is the base script - it is specific to windowscommunicationsapps though.

To see all apps installed just issue the following in a PowerShell Window (elevated if you plan on removing any)

Get-AppxPackage
    I'm not on Win10 right now, so I can't dbl check what apps are returned. Mail might be separated out of the above package and 'live' on it's own.

You can also try in an elevated Command Prompt

• SFC /ScanNow

• Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Slartybart, Jul 5, 2015
  10. jyusa Win User
    Thanks.

Tried with all your suggestions but still cannot find a way to remove/reinstall it. The Mail remain showing no "images and details in reading pane.

jyusa, Jul 6, 2015
  11. Kari Win User
  12. jyusa Win User
    jyusa, Jul 6, 2015
  13. jyusa Win User

Reinstallation done. Looks everything in order!*Smile

Thank you all!

jyusa, Jul 6, 2015
  14. You're welcome and glad you got it sorted.

Slartybart, Jul 6, 2015
  15. srlloyd Win User
    I found this code didn't work for me, I adapated and used the following (I'm not a PowerShell expert so be warned)

Get-AppxPackage | where-object {$_.packagefullname -like "*windowscommunicationsapps*"} | remove-appxpackage

This successfully uninstalled for me. I'm using Windows 10 full version (Enterprise)

srlloyd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. reinstall "Mail & Calendar" on 10162 - Similar Threads - reinstall Mail Calendar

2. Mail and calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail and calendar: Since the Windows 10 update, I can't load the Mail and Calendar app. I deleted it and reloaded it from the Microsoft store to no avail. All I get is on clicking the mail icon I get the blue startup graphic and then no error message appears or anything....
  3. Mail and calendar Reinstallation issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail and calendar Reinstallation issue: while reinstalling mail and calendar app from Microsoft store, it shows that ur device is not compitable. Please suggest the solutions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-and-calendar-reinstallation-issue/7fd1167b-130b-4c5e-ad17-426431995923
  4. Mail and Calendar App not reinstalling

Mail and Calendar App not reinstalling: Hi, Recently, my Mail and Calendar app that came pre-installed on my Surface Pro computer stopped working. I would click on it and nothing would open. I have had this happen previously with other apps its only just started happening and I'm not sure why and to fix the...
  5. Mail and Calendar

Mail and Calendar: I have been trying to set up my office 365 mail account through mail and calendar on my new XPS13. I have been able to sign in successfully in another windows 10 mail and calendar without any problems. When i try to sign in it asks for my password. I type that in Correctly...
  6. Mail & Calendar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail & Calendar: Windows 10 -- Mail and Calendar are not working. Updating message has been running for 2 days. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-calendar/2e36b1a5-95e6-4bf4-b4ab-ac3ef20b7135
  7. Mail and calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail and calendar: If I try and open either, I get a message stating Give us a minute. We're updating Mail. It should be ready to use shortly and offers to Copy to clipboard or close. This has been like it since yesterday. Any ideas anybody please? Shelley...
  8. Trying to uninstall and reinstall Mail and Calendar app

in Browsers and Email
    Trying to uninstall and reinstall Mail and Calendar app: I have uninstalled the mail and calendar app per Windows PowerShell, now I can't get it to install per the command, get-appxpackage*microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps*|remove-appxpackage. It removed it, but now it is saying that command does not work. I started all this...
  9. Mail and Calendar

in Browsers and Email
    Mail and Calendar: Why don't deleted emails go to the deleted items folder? 20862
  10. Mail & Calendar

Mail & Calendar: New version Of Mail & Calendar App available from Windows 10 Store You may find when you to Store that it is ready to be downloaded A notice may come up to close it and download it again That is what I did and it went in ok 41466