Windows 10: reinstall missing external drive win10

Discus and support reinstall missing external drive win10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; reinstall missing external dive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SageCoyote, Jul 16, 2018.

1. reinstall missing external drive win10

reinstall missing external dive

:)

SageCoyote, Jul 16, 2018

2. External Hard Drive

To address your concern, here are the troubleshooting steps that you can try. Follow the steps below:

Uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive program.

• In the Settings app, go to System.
    • Go to Apps & features and locate the external hard drive program.
    • Uninstall the program and go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall the updated version.
    Uninstall and reinstall the Paragon driver software.

• Following the same steps mentioned above, locate the software in Apps & features
      and uninstall it.
    • After uninstalling the software, go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall it.
    To further isolate your concern, we'd also like to verify if the OneDrive app is enabled on your PC.

You can hit us back for additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Jul 16, 2018
  3. External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

reinstall missing external drive win10

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

reinstall missing external drive win10

1. reinstall missing external drive win10 - Similar Threads - reinstall missing external

2. Win10 - External hard drive missing from disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 - External hard drive missing from disk management: Hello,I have a problem with my external hard drive, WD My passport 2TO.I've been using it for about a year now on windows 10, and I never had a problem with it.Last week, I wanted to format my external HDD and switch to another file system because I couldn't read my disk from...
  3. Win10 - External hard drive missing from disk management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 - External hard drive missing from disk management: Hello,I have a problem with my external hard drive, WD My passport 2TO.I've been using it for about a year now on windows 10, and I never had a problem with it.Last week, I wanted to format my external HDD and switch to another file system because I couldn't read my disk from...
  4. Win10 - External hard drive missing from disk management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Missing files on external drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing files on external drive: Some part of my game back ups are missing. The missing parts classifield as system files. Is there any way to recover them without third party softwares or formatting. I can access like 250 gb of files but rest of all missing. And my external drive is tagged local disk,...
  6. Missing files on external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing files on external drive: Some part of my game back ups are missing. The missing parts classifield as system files. Is there any way to recover them without third party softwares or formatting. I can access like 250 gb of files but rest of all missing. And my external drive is tagged local disk,...
  7. Missing files on external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Reinstalling win10 without external drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling win10 without external drive: Hello, I’ve recently replaced my old laptop ssd in a shady repair store, they also installed windows 10 for me on my new ssd. I’m not sure if they could’ve installed malicious windows, malware or smth. I’d like to clean install windows 10 on the device, concidering how the...
  9. Reinstalling win10 on new hard drive

Reinstalling win10 on new hard drive: My hard drive on my pc has gone bad. I updated my win7 ultimate during major change to win 10. What do I do once I have replaced my hard drive. 124273
  10. Win10 - how to reinstall on a new drive.

Win10 - how to reinstall on a new drive.: I have just purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 installed on it. I have also purchased a 1TB SSD that I wish to use to replace the original HD. 1) Is this process as simple as creating a recovery USB, downloading the Win 10 iso from Microsoft and then doing a clean...