Windows 10: Reinstall of Win10

Discus and support Reinstall of Win10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have not seen a clear answer as to what and how do you get Win10 after your computer would crash, lets say in 2 years. How do you reinstall? 8441 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jackman33, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Jackman33 Win User

Reinstall of Win10

I have not seen a clear answer as to what and how do you get Win10 after your computer would crash, lets say in 2 years. How do you reinstall?

:)

Jackman33, Jul 17, 2015

2. Win10 reinstall

You have several options. Could you detail why you can't download Windows 10?

Option 1: You can use Reset to reinstall Windows 10:

How
    to: Perform a clean install using Reset this PC in Windows 10

Option 2: You can create a Recovery Drive to reinstall Windows 10:

How
    to: Create a Recovery Drive for reinstalling Windows 10

Option 3: You can go to a working computer, download, create a bootable copy:

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:
    How to Prepare Bootable Install Media for Windows 10 - DVD, USB or SD Card

Step 3: How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10

If you cannot use option 3 and the first and second options neither suitable, then yes, you can purchase a new copy of Windows 10, as long as it is the edition currently installed then perform new installation.

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate.
    You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key
    you already ownto reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 17, 2015
  3. reinstall win10

I have my laptop and when i had win 7 microsoft decided to update it t win10 and I udated it after that I installed xubuntu on win10 and didnt takee backups. how can i get my licence back to downlad win10back on my coomputer?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup / PC

SuviJämsen, Jul 17, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Reinstall of Win10

Three choices:

1. you'll eventually be able to get and ISO
    2. you can boot UEFI and reinstall that way
    3. and best, start making system images with something like Macrium Reflect

Cliff S, Jul 17, 2015
  5. Jackman33 Win User
    Sounds good about getting the ISO. I have tried to understand Macrium Reflect and so far have not figured it out. I have heard it is great, but need to know how to use!

Thanks

Jackman33, Jul 17, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Go to the user guide link(on the update thread) to familiarize your self with it. And if you have questions later post them on that thread, so the Q&A can help others too*Smile. Once you have installed it and created a WinPE recovery environment media(a couple of clicks and an internet connection needed) you just have to set up the disk or partitions you want to image and how often you want to automatically image, then it can be set as a Definition File, that can also be clicked to create an image when ever you want outside of the schedule. The recovery media can also be used to create images on any Windows computer without installing Reflect(it's just much slower and doesn't update).

Cliff S, Jul 17, 2015
  7. DKW
    DKW Win User
    One of the problems with Windows 8, 8.1 was that there was an option to reset the PC. Unfortunately it did not work, or work without files from a disc. Windows 10 has the same feature, and it should work fine, once MS puts the final touches on the OS.

So, if you get file corruption, you could reset the PC, either choosing to save your personal files or do a complete wipe. So, there should be two ways to do a clean install. Many people, though, feel more at ease with an .iso from MS, as they feel the .iso won't be corrupted.

8. topgundcp Win User

Reinstall of Win10

FYI, While I was trying to find a way to save the activation info of my Windows 10_10240 which was activated via updates from Build 10166 so that I can fresh install build 10240.

To my surprise. When fresh re-installed build 10240 from the ISO, I found out that Windows 10 build 10240 was re-activated automatically.

My guess is MS must have stored the activation info about my PC and re-activated automatically which is a way to go.

You can try what I did but make sure to create a backup image of your current Windows OS disk first.

topgundcp, Jul 17, 2015
  9. DavidY Win User
    That was how I thought activation would work after 29 July so I'm not surprised it's built into 10240.

DavidY, Jul 17, 2015
  10. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Reinstall of Win10

1. Reinstall of Win10 - Similar Threads - Reinstall Win10

2. I am getting error trying to reinstall windows store app in win10 prof.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I am getting error trying to reinstall windows store app in win10 prof.: over two years ago i was a member of windows insider program for windows 10 prof. and had get windows updates asap. my laptop is NOT window 11 compatible according to windows pc health check. I knew this then. but none the less Windows update installed windows 11 over night....
  3. I am getting error trying to reinstall windows store app in win10 prof.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting error trying to reinstall windows store app in win10 prof.: over two years ago i was a member of windows insider program for windows 10 prof. and had get windows updates asap. my laptop is NOT window 11 compatible according to windows pc health check. I knew this then. but none the less Windows update installed windows 11 over night....
  4. I am getting error trying to reinstall windows store app in win10 prof.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. am getting error trying to reinstall windows stopre top win10 prof.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    am getting error trying to reinstall windows stopre top win10 prof.: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF9, Install failed. Please contact your software...
  6. am getting error trying to reinstall windows stopre top win10 prof.

am getting error trying to reinstall windows stopre top win10 prof.: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF9, Install failed. Please contact your software...
  7. am getting error trying to reinstall windows stopre top win10 prof.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  8. Win10 ReInstall with "Keep My Files" now forces a failed Admin account on login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 ReInstall with "Keep My Files" now forces a failed Admin account on login: I performed a re-install of Win 10 on my laptop using the automated process allowing me to keep my files just hoping to freshen things uplaptop is a few years old. The install process was fine but now whenever there is a restart or a win update the computer shows an Admin...
  9. Win10 ReInstall with "Keep My Files" now forces a failed Admin account on login

Win10 ReInstall with "Keep My Files" now forces a failed Admin account on login: I performed a re-install of Win 10 on my laptop using the automated process allowing me to keep my files just hoping to freshen things uplaptop is a few years old. The install process was fine but now whenever there is a restart or a win update the computer shows an Admin...
  10. Win10 ReInstall with "Keep My Files" now forces a failed Admin account on login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 wifi reinstall

2. why cannot reinstal win10 over corrupted win10