Windows 10: Reinstall Win 10 on a crashed system.

Discus and support Reinstall Win 10 on a crashed system. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; With my good PC, I used the MS tool (Media Creation Tool 1803) to create a USB drive that will install win 10 to a different PC. According to the web... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mikecaul, May 15, 2018.

1. mikecaul Win User

Reinstall Win 10 on a crashed system.

With my good PC, I used the MS tool (Media Creation Tool 1803) to create a USB drive that will install win 10 to a different PC. According to the web site, it should boot up to the “install Windows” page.
    After setting the bios to boot from USB, it booted up into the media repair page not the install windows page.
    Am I supposed to use that program to initiate a windows install? If so I haven’t found out how to do it yet.
    The computer is a HP Notebook 15af113cl that was running win10.
    Any help would be appreciated.

:)

mikecaul, May 15, 2018

2. Windows 10 System Disk Crash - Guidance Needed On How To Reinstall With New Disk Drive

My C: Drive crashed and I now have to buy a new hard drive.

• I upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home AND then paid to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.
    • Yesterday, my system would not boot. Windows 10 install disk utilities could not repair the disk. The system disk it toast.
    • I will be buying a brand new disk today.
    • Will I have problems reinstalling Windows 10. What I fear is the license will not be valid because I changed hardware. I don't have the license key. The key was added automatically once I paid the fee.

southwestcoyote, May 15, 2018
  3. Roady52 Win User
    Windows 10 crashed on update/ reinstalled Win 7

Thanx for all your help.

This has taught me a good lesson. I have a laptop which I keep some info on. My online BU is with the Norton virus protection but it is only my files, not my software.

My MS office was on my computer when I got it but now it & other software I added is also gone.

I am also stuck with my original Win 7, which prompts me to impose on you folks further.

• Should I stay with Win 7 or reinstall Win 10 with Martmcd's advice or some other?
    • It's not handy to back up on disc every day. What back-up services or devices do you guys recommend?
    Thanx in advance,

Roady

Roady52, May 15, 2018
Thema:

Reinstall Win 10 on a crashed system.

1. Reinstall Win 10 on a crashed system. - Similar Threads - Reinstall crashed system

2. Reinstall Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Win 10: Old SSD harddrive has corrupted with loss of everything. It is being replaced with a new SSD. How do I go about reinstalling Win 10 on the new SSD? Original was installed by Dell....
  3. reinstall win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reinstall win 10: Win 10 got corrupted on a desktop when I tried to upgrade the SSD. I downloaded and made an iso copy from another laptop. Can I use that in the desktop.? When I try to boot from the disk the Windows icon appears, but then nothing happens.Peter...
  4. reinstall win 10

reinstall win 10: Win 10 got corrupted on a desktop when I tried to upgrade the SSD. I downloaded and made an iso copy from another laptop. Can I use that in the desktop.? When I try to boot from the disk the Windows icon appears, but then nothing happens.Peter...
  5. reinstall win 10 dual boot system

reinstall win 10 dual boot system: I need to reinstall win 10 without deleting Ubuntu OS I do not know how to tell windows to overwrite only old win 10 partition and not entire hd Thank You 171641
  6. reinstall win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    reinstall win 10: My sony vaio crashed a couple of days ago. None of the recovery options available have worked. I downloaded an ISO for win 10 from the MS website on to an ntfs formatted usb stick and changed the bios to boot from an external source which hasn't worked either. The laptop is...
  7. Reinstalled win 10

Reinstalled win 10: I REALLY THOUGHT EVERYTHING WAS OK NOT:OH I HAVE REINSTALLED WIN 10 BECAUSE UPDATES ADVANCED OPTIONS ONLY CAN CLICK ON TOP BUTTON AUTOMATICALLY UPDATE DOWNLOAD BUTTON WILL NOT STAY ON GOES IMMEDIATELY TO OFF OH PLEASE HELP? i WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE SOME HELP?...
  8. Win 10 reinstall

Win 10 reinstall: I want to format my win 10 witch i download from internet wen it was still free . How does it work will i got win 10 back again 117368
  9. Reinstalling win 10

Reinstalling win 10: Hi I want to reinstall a laptop currently installed with Pro x32 version and I have few questions please. Would the activation key still be valid if I will install the x64 version (Machine has a x64 CPU). I am not sure whether the current installation is a "upgraded...
  10. Win 10 file system crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 file system crashes: I just got a Dell i7 6700 laptop. The file system just crashes with 2 seconds of black screen and then the desktop comes back with no files on the screen. It does it more when the computer is busy. VPN, Chromecast, anything else and it crashes when I move folder files around...