Windows 10: Reinstall Windows 10 from 7

Discus and support Reinstall Windows 10 from 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Originally Windows 7, updated to Windows 10 during free time period.I had Windows 10 Home. After my last reinstall Performed at least once per year), I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Funkyecat, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Funkyecat Win User

Reinstall Windows 10 from 7

Originally Windows 7, updated to Windows 10 during free time period.I had Windows 10 Home. After my last reinstall Performed at least once per year), I was noting a periodic notice (very faint) in the lower right hand corner to “Activate Windows...” I checked to make sure it was genuine – It was. It never happened before. Windows was working okay. I finally tried to ‘Activate’ , It required my key? I had to find my key, but it didn’t work. It eventually Windows froze everything and the only way to unfreeze was reinstall the original Windows (7). The question is, since MS is suppose to have the information from the original update, can I redownload Windows 10 free?

:)

Funkyecat, Nov 30, 2017
  2. Time Lady Win User

reinstalling windows 10 from 7

To add to Dave’s reply you can also do a clean install of Windows 10 rather than installing 7 then upgrading to Windows 10.

Time Lady, Nov 30, 2017
  3. Norio Ota Win User
    reinstalling windows 10 from 7

I upgraded two laptops from Win 7 to 10 several years ago. Unfortunately, I had to do clean install of the original Win 7 on both of them due to some corrupted files. I have read somewhere that one can reinstall Win 10 on the same machines that had Win
    10 running. I tried Media Creation Tool, but it went halfway and never completed the installation. Any information would be appreciated.

Norio Ota, Nov 30, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Yes.

Download Windows 10

NavyLCDR, Nov 30, 2017
  5. ThrashZone, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Reinstall Windows 10 from 7 - Similar Threads - Reinstall

2. yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...: everything is stuck on pending https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yesterday-my-xbox-app-on-pc-wasnt-working-so-i/4fa790cc-3195-44eb-9536-9f31bddc21ac
  3. yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...: everything is stuck on pending https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yesterday-my-xbox-app-on-pc-wasnt-working-so-i/4fa790cc-3195-44eb-9536-9f31bddc21ac
  4. yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can't reinstall windows 10 i bought to my reset computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reinstall windows 10 i bought to my reset computer: I ordered windows 10 in August of 2021 and installed it on my computer from the email link they sent me. I recently had my computer mess up so bad out of the blue, that I had to reset it completely. I now need to reinstall the windows 10 but when I try to used the file from...
  6. Can't reinstall windows 10 i bought to my reset computer

Can't reinstall windows 10 i bought to my reset computer: I ordered windows 10 in August of 2021 and installed it on my computer from the email link they sent me. I recently had my computer mess up so bad out of the blue, that I had to reset it completely. I now need to reinstall the windows 10 but when I try to used the file from...
  7. Can't reinstall windows 10 i bought to my reset computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows 10 had to do a full reinstall back to windows 8 and now I get error 80072EFE and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 had to do a full reinstall back to windows 8 and now I get error 80072EFE and...: Hello My lenovo ideapad started out with windows 8 then it updated to 8.1 then years ago it updated to windows 10 when it came out and it has run great all these years. Then I turned it on to get the monthly updates but it would not start up like it has always done. So lenovo...
  9. Windows 10 had to do a full reinstall back to windows 8 and now I get error 80072EFE and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 had to do a full reinstall back to windows 8 and now I get error 80072EFE and...: Hello My lenovo ideapad started out with windows 8 then it updated to 8.1 then years ago it updated to windows 10 when it came out and it has run great all these years. Then I turned it on to get the monthly updates but it would not start up like it has always done. So lenovo...
  10. Windows 10 had to do a full reinstall back to windows 8 and now I get error 80072EFE and...