Windows 10: Reinstall Windows 10 to another hard drive

Discus and support Reinstall Windows 10 to another hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi My first post so I hope I am in the right place. The Hdd that contains my windows !0 is playing up. I have a spare Hdd on my computer, is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rangermike, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Reinstall Windows 10 to another hard drive

Hi
    My first post so I hope I am in the right place. The Hdd that contains my windows !0 is playing up. I have a spare Hdd on my computer, is it possible to reinstall to the other drive. My current Win 10 was a free upgrade from Win 7.

:)

Rangermike, Aug 4, 2016

2. selected boot device failed

Thanks so much. So I will need another computer, an adapter from the hard drive to USB, and then reinstall Windows 10 onto the internal hard drive? Will my windows 10 activation key be expired if I repair the image on another computer?

MinxingPan, Aug 4, 2016
  3. LarPR44 Win User
    Reinstall Windows 10 Pro

My hard drive fail on my Windows 10 Pro HP Desktop and I got another hard drive to reinstall Windows 10 Pro on. I have the latest Windows 10 image on a USB key and I been trying to reinstall Windows 10 to hard drive. Now Windows Setup cannot install to
    this hard drive because it is formatted with an unsupported version of the NTFS file system. I have not installation disc and I am using a USB Key to do the install? Please Help!!

LarPR44, Aug 4, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Reinstall Windows 10 to another hard drive

Hi, you can swap the drive and reinstall with impunity. Activation should be automatic.

Note: if you were in the habit of using disk imaging (e.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + external disk + its boot medium) you could have restored exactly what you had when the image was created to your new HDD - OS, programs, data, settings, everything.

Strongly recommended approach here. Several other such programs available.

dalchina, Aug 4, 2016
  5. Thanks for prompt reply will give it a go later

Rangermike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Reinstall Windows 10 to another hard drive

1. Reinstall Windows 10 to another hard drive - Similar Threads - Reinstall another hard

2. Reinstall Windows 10 on a new hard drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows 10 on a new hard drive.: Hello, the hard drive on my PC fried and I needed to replace it.How do I recover my Windows 10 Product Key so that I can install Windows 10 on the replacement hard drive?...
  3. Moving Windows to another hard drive

Moving Windows to another hard drive: i have my laptod with Windows 10 Pro 21H1 on Sata Drive 1TB. Now i have added an SSD 250GB Hard with it for faster processing. I want to move my complete OS to new SSD without loosing my softwares and file. What should i do. I will keep using the old drive as extension drive...
  4. Moving Windows to another hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Windows to another hard drive: i have my laptod with Windows 10 Pro 21H1 on Sata Drive 1TB. Now i have added an SSD 250GB Hard with it for faster processing. I want to move my complete OS to new SSD without loosing my softwares and file. What should i do. I will keep using the old drive as extension drive...
  5. Moving Windows to another hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. reinstalling windows 10 - hard drive crashed

reinstalling windows 10 - hard drive crashed: How do I reinstall windows 10 after I install a new hard drive - old hard drive died - where do I go to obtain a windows 10 copy - I will have to download to a thumb drive in order to get a copy of Windows 10...
  7. Reinstalling Windows 10 on a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalling Windows 10 on a new hard drive: Hi! I bought a new hard drive since it looks like the one I currently have is corrupted. However, the corrupted hard drive is where my Windows volume license key is bound to. Is it still possible to activate the license on a different hard drive? Appreciate any steps and...
  8. Reinstallation of genuine window in another hard drive

Reinstallation of genuine window in another hard drive: I have genuine windows 8 in my laptop which is later upgraded to windows 10. Now i want to install new ssd drive in my hp notebook. How can i install my genuine windows to new ssd....
  9. Any Windows 10 reinstall on another drive risks?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Any Windows 10 reinstall on another drive risks?: Hello, When I bought my computer, It was before windows 10 came out so I had windows 7. When Windows 10 came out, there was a year that anyone had Windows 7 could upgrade it to Windows 10 and I did it. The OS is installed on my SSD but I bought another SSD (it's not...
  10. Transfer Windows 10 to another hard drive

Transfer Windows 10 to another hard drive: Hello! I have only 2 gb free space on my system drive, so I have a question. Is there a way to transfer working windows 10 system to another hard drive without reinstalling it?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 reinstall other drive

2. reinstall windows on another drive

3. format and reinstall windows on another drive

4. windows 10 reinstall on another drive,
  5. reinstall windows 10 other drive,
  6. reinstalling windows 10 to a different drive,
  7. how to reinstall windows 10 to another drive,
  8. reisntall windows 10 on another harddrive,
  9. how to reinstall windows from one disk to another,
  10. how to reinstall windows 10 on another drive,
  11. reinstall windows on another hard drive,