Windows 10: Reinstall windows 10 with Windows Refresh tool in new laptop

Discus and support Reinstall windows 10 with Windows Refresh tool in new laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am about to purchase a new laptop but would like to remove all the bloatware. I would like to use the windows refresh tool. Since this is a purchased... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sportflyer, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Reinstall windows 10 with Windows Refresh tool in new laptop

I am about to purchase a new laptop but would like to remove all the bloatware. I would like to use the windows refresh tool. Since this is a purchased computer with windows 10 installed , will the refreshtool request for activation keys that probably I wont have ? I dont dare to try unless I have all the information on hand. Tks

:)

sportflyer, Jul 14, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 14, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Kursah Win User

Reinstall windows 10 with Windows Refresh tool in new laptop

Most painless way to reinstall windows 10?

It depends on the junk accumulated honestly, but there are various methods. You can always remove programs, delete download folder, media locations, etc. As some have suggested, keeping some items on a separate internal storage drive is an option as well. Depends on what you have, what your budget is and how you want to handle your system and data.

The method @RejZoR suggests is sound and a method I've used dozens if not hundreds of time with great success in the field. In many cases though the goal is to keep user data intact, and to repair the OS. In place upgrade as it is called is also only doable in that method if you can boot to desktop, if you can't, it is time for some more advanced options or a format & reinstall.

With Windows 8 and 10 there are refresh and reset options that can be leveraged as well. Hold Shift and click Restart to reboot your system, this will get you into the advanced boot menu, which you'll need to choose advanced options (I forget ATM what it is called) and choose one of a couple items, refresh or reset.

Refresh is essentially In Place Upgrade but a little more aggressive as it wipes the Windows Apps and you may need to reinstall programs. Reset is like an OS reinstall, wipes user data, wipes profiles, registry, performs a install from the system image. Often times I'll do this and bypass using a USB key on a system. Though there are instances where these options will not work if a system has a level of corruption that has not been repaired/resolved. Check the OS Repair link in my sig for more info if ya need.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

Reinstall windows 10 with Windows Refresh tool in new laptop

1. Reinstall windows 10 with Windows Refresh tool in new laptop - Similar Threads - Reinstall Refresh tool

2. Reinstall Windows on new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows on new laptop: I have a Windows subscription I pay for every month that I have installed on my laptop. Well, unfortunately the laptop broke and is completely dead. I am buying a new laptop and will need to install Windows all over again. How do I do that using the same subscription if I am...
  3. Reinstall Windows on new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows on new laptop: I have a Windows subscription I pay for every month that I have installed on my laptop. Well, unfortunately the laptop broke and is completely dead. I am buying a new laptop and will need to install Windows all over again. How do I do that using the same subscription if I am...
  4. Reinstall Windows on new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Refresh Windows Tool not working

Refresh Windows Tool not working: Hello, I need to perform a clean installation on a remote PC, and I guess right now the only option I have is to use the Windows 10 Refresh tool. But when I run the tool it says: "the language or edition of the version of windows currently installed is not supported by this...
  6. Refreshing an windows 10 version on new hardware

Refreshing an windows 10 version on new hardware: Hi, I recently bricked my motherboard while trying to flash the bios machine just shut off 51% of the way thru , so I have a new msi MPG Z490 Gaming edge motherboard, new intel core i7 10700K 3.8 GHz processor, 32 gigs or corsair vengeance ram, the new build refused to see...
  7. How to reinstall snipping tool in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reinstall snipping tool in windows 10?: i accidentally deleted it. i can't find it in system32. i tried to copy snippingtool.exe but still not working. please give me installation setup for snippingtool.exe if possible. thank you submitted by /u/skonats [link] [comments]...
  8. I can't restart, reset, refresh or reinstall my windows 10 laptop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't restart, reset, refresh or reinstall my windows 10 laptop.: I've posted about this issue before, but i have tried everything suggested and gotten nowhere, and this is my last attempt. Laptop: Its an MSI Apache Pro GE62 6qf Operating system: running windows 10 home 64-bit Problem: the laptop can't restart, and can't do anything that...
  9. Reinstalling Windows 10 to a Laptop

Reinstalling Windows 10 to a Laptop: I just a Toshiba C855D Laptop from my parents this past weekend, I thought I was just going to factory reset it so I could start fresh but I accidentally wiped the hard drive clean, now windows 10 is not on it, I've been trying to create a bootable flash drive and disk but my...
  10. Fresh ReInstall Windows 10 (Media Creation Tool & Refresh Window Tool)

Fresh ReInstall Windows 10 (Media Creation Tool & Refresh Window Tool): Hi, Install windows 10 and confirm activation as suggested in forums. Downloaded Windows Media Creation Tool to create fresh reinstall. Ran it to create 64 bit ISO. Now using the ISO to reinstall windows 10. At 30% restore, it failed. I tried various recovery. Even did...