Windows 10: Reinstallation of Adobe Creative Suite CS2 stalling under Win 10

Discus and support Reinstallation of Adobe Creative Suite CS2 stalling under Win 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Adobe has finally got around to me, popping up that dreaded message about it turning off activation of CS2. This annoyance began in 2013 and here I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by stony41, Mar 10, 2016.

1. stony41 Win User

Reinstallation of Adobe Creative Suite CS2 stalling under Win 10

Adobe has finally got around to me, popping up that dreaded message about it turning off activation of CS2. This annoyance began in 2013 and here I am getting the treatment in 2016. I already had downloaded the reinstallation files and had trialled them on a backup PC some time ago. That PC has also been upgraded to Win 10 and the suite is working on it. The machine has a small screen and isn't a good one on which to use CS2 or any other CS version.

So I grudgingly began the process on my main PC. The procedure has to be modified, requiring the installation of the three 'disks' in 2, 3 and 1 order. Well done, Adobe.

However, despite having had the suite working after I had upgraded to Win 10, the reinstallation process has stalled. I can install the disks 2 and 3 but when I get to disk 1 an error message says that I already have the suite installed and I should uninstall it before reinstalling, despite having used Revo to uninstall it completely, or so I thought. Perhaps there are some leftover bits in the registry.

When I first got this error I panicked and bought an unopened copy of CS4 Master Collection off eBay. It is working fine on my main PC, except for two of my networked printers not being recognised (they are the best two!). This is a known Adobe problem and can appear with a number of suite versions. Still, I can use CS4 on my main PC, but I would like to have CS2 installed as well. After all, I paid handsomely for it back in the day.

Anyone encountered this problem and resolved it? It certainly was unexpected.

:)

stony41, Mar 10, 2016
  2. jmeyer67 Win User

Will I be able to install adobe creative suite CS4 on Window 10?

* Original tilte: Adobe creative suite CS4

will I be able to install adobe creative suite CS4 on Window 10?

jmeyer67, Mar 10, 2016
  3. Is Adobe Creative suite 5.5 compatible with windows10?

Hi Jo,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Adobe Creative suite 5.5 is an older version could be compatibility issue on Win 10. If you encounter issues with Adobe Creative suite 5.5 after upgrading to Windows 10, you can refer the help article below.

Errors "Exit Code 6" and "Exit Code 7" installing Adobe CS6, CS5.5, CS5, Premiere Elements, and Photoshop Elements

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Mar 10, 2016
Thema:

Reinstallation of Adobe Creative Suite CS2 stalling under Win 10

1. Reinstallation of Adobe Creative Suite CS2 stalling under Win 10 - Similar Threads - Reinstallation Adobe Creative

2. win 10. can not download adobe creative or photoshop from adobe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 10. can not download adobe creative or photoshop from adobe: hey guys,just downloaded win 10 again from a system restore point, had to restore because i appoved a driver download that made a driver not work. Before system restore adobe downloads worked fine on windows 10. After system restore I can not download adobe creative or...
  3. win 10. can not download adobe creative or photoshop from adobe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10. can not download adobe creative or photoshop from adobe: hey guys,just downloaded win 10 again from a system restore point, had to restore because i appoved a driver download that made a driver not work. Before system restore adobe downloads worked fine on windows 10. After system restore I can not download adobe creative or...
  4. adobe creative suite 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adobe creative suite 5: will adobe creative suite 5 run on windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-creative-suite-5/cabf035e-5b2f-4351-9ebd-c660c5372c8b
  5. adobe creative suite 5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adobe creative suite 5: will adobe creative suite 5 run on windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-creative-suite-5/cabf035e-5b2f-4351-9ebd-c660c5372c8b
  6. Will my Adobe Creative Suite CS6 work on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will my Adobe Creative Suite CS6 work on Windows 11?: Will my Adobe Creative Suite CS6 work on Windows 11? It works well now on Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-my-adobe-creative-suite-cs6-work-on-windows/3135fa63-7b3d-4aa1-99e3-72ccbdd93b2e
  7. Will my Adobe Creative Suite CS6 work on Windows 11?

Will my Adobe Creative Suite CS6 work on Windows 11?: Will my Adobe Creative Suite CS6 work on Windows 11? It works well now on Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-my-adobe-creative-suite-cs6-work-on-windows/3135fa63-7b3d-4aa1-99e3-72ccbdd93b2e
  8. Adobe Creative Suite Fuzzy in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Adobe Creative Suite Fuzzy in windows 10: Hi I'm running Creative Suite on a Dell precision 5520 running windows 10 enterprise I recently had my laptop re-imaged by IT and since then all adobe applications are 'fuzzy', not just the fonts but the entire UI this is both the case on my laptop and also my Dell...
  9. Adobe creative suit 3 (CS3) on Windows 10

Adobe creative suit 3 (CS3) on Windows 10: I am attempting to transfer / install my old Adobe CS 3 on a new Windows 10 PC workstation. Shortly into the installation process the installation is interrupted, and the file; “Adobe PDF.dll” is requested from an Vista CD-ROM. We do not have an Vista CD-ROM available....
  10. Forced Adobe Creative Suite 2 reinstallation stalling

Forced Adobe Creative Suite 2 reinstallation stalling: Adobe turned off its activation process for CS2 early in 2013 but it was only recently that it eventually got around to me. Three years! I was familiar with the online reinstallation files and had them ready should I ever get the dreaded popup that effectively interfered with...