Windows 10: Reinstalled Windows 10 - Drive Appears Full

Discus and support Reinstalled Windows 10 - Drive Appears Full in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So I reinstalled Windows 10 on my computer. Both of my hard drives appeared to still be full but there is really nothing in them. Did some research... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Vespuche, May 13, 2017.

1. Vespuche Win User

Reinstalled Windows 10 - Drive Appears Full

So I reinstalled Windows 10 on my computer. Both of my hard drives appeared to still be full but there is really nothing in them.

Did some research online. I think the Windows.old folder is the key. Was able to remove that folder from my 'main drive'. That freed up space. But my secondary 1TB drive has no such folder.

Any ideas to free up this bogus space?

:)

Vespuche, May 13, 2017

2. Windows 10, Forza 7 and more than one drive.

Hi,

I recently reinstalled windows 10 on my PC and im having a little trouble as it appears Forza Motorsport 7 is installed in a folder called WindowsApp on my Games drive, as I have formatted my C drive and reinstalled windows 10 It appears I now have to re-download
    forza 7.

But the original files are still there on my games drive taking up space, is there anyway I can make windows store see the location of the original Forza install on my Games drive..??

Thank you

Spacepilot99, May 13, 2017
  3. Hard Drive Partition is missing following upgrade to Windows 10

Ending doing a full system wipe and reinstall of Windows 10. from there was able initialize the drive and all patriots show up. Have not had any issues.

JoshGarrison, May 13, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, please post a screenshot of your Disk Management
    (Windows key + X, click Disk Management)
    - and use the Insert Image icon to the left of the video icon above your post. Thanks.

dalchina, May 14, 2017
  5. Vespuche Win User
    Reinstalled Windows 10 - Drive Appears Full [​IMG]

Is this what you want?
    F Drive is the 1TB I am trying to fix.

Vespuche, May 14, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    Open file explorer:
    On the F drive right click on each of the users then click properties and post the size.
    Do the same for Windows, program files, program files x86 etc.
    In administrative command prompt run chkdsk then copy and paste into the thread.
    When you had reinstalled windows on your drive please indicate how you saved the user profiles and how you restored them.

zbook, May 14, 2017
  7. WOT
    WOT Win User
    Actually, your posted view does not show either drive as full:

Reinstalled Windows 10 - Drive Appears Full [​IMG]

8. simrick Win User

WinDirStat may help you identify what you've got on there.
    WinDirStat - Windows Directory Statistics

I once had a program with some sort of a leak, and it was creating all kinds of files and taking up all the space of a drive - and I couldn't figure it out (of course, that was in the days of XP...) This program helped me identify it.

simrick, May 14, 2017
  9. dalchina New Member
    Thanks. When you said
    - how did you determine that?

dalchina, May 14, 2017
  10. Vespuche Win User
    F drive says 193 free out of 931. So its shows to be pretty full when I go to "file explorer" and "this pc".

I don't know guys.

Vespuche, May 15, 2017
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, May 15, 2017
  12. WOT
    WOT Win User
    Ah, pretty full is quite different than full. Unfortunately, I interpret the wording in posts literally.

Thema:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 - Drive Appears Full - Similar Threads - Reinstalled Drive Appears

2. SSD drive full in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD drive full in Windows 10: I had 20 gb available on my C: drive two weeks ago, and now it's full. I haven't downloaded anything that has taken over 1 gb. Where did my space go? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-drive-full-in-windows-10/3e5bb452-7042-485c-a884-c4fcd87c76e5
  3. SSD drive full in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD drive full in Windows 10: I had 20 gb available on my C: drive two weeks ago, and now it's full. I haven't downloaded anything that has taken over 1 gb. Where did my space go? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-drive-full-in-windows-10/3e5bb452-7042-485c-a884-c4fcd87c76e5
  4. After reinstalling windows 10, Apps on D drive don't appear in search

in Cortana
    After reinstalling windows 10, Apps on D drive don't appear in search: Had a few issues with my pc as a whole but the last mess up meant that I needed to reinstall windows. The person who did it for me took out my D driveHDD which has most my apps etc, but not the os. He then took the data off my SSD C drive and on to an external drive, replaced...
  5. Full windows reinstall help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Full windows reinstall help: So I have a question regarding a reinstall of windows 10 due lack of updates succeeding and replace my hard drive with an ssd. I have all of the files and backs up of things I still want to keep like pictures, videos, and documents on a flash drive. I want to store the...
  6. Full Windows reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Full Windows reinstall: I wish to remove everything on my PC and reinstalling Windows from scratch with a boot media. How can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-windows-reinstall/face2874-c822-4d7a-9ef1-fe9e0f51b47f
  7. Hard Drive is almost full after windows reinstallation

Hard Drive is almost full after windows reinstallation: I just recently reinstalled windows to get a fresh start, but when I went to file explorer, my hard drive is over half full. That means that there should be 50gb of something in there. I suspected it was the windows.old folder, but that had nothing but a user folder in there...
  8. Full reinstall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Full reinstall: Ok so i feel like i have to much junk of my computer that’s slowing down it’s performance when it comes to gaming. Fps is never stable how it used to be (super 2060RTX and i7 7700k) Well i want to do a full clean install. How do i do this? And what drivers do i need to...
  9. Drive May be Full in Windows 10

Drive May be Full in Windows 10: I reinstalled my PC last week. I normally work on Coral Draw X8. Within minutes of my working Temp Folder gets filled with numerous files plus "crl" files Thousands of them plus numerous other files in the Temp Folder. I also get " The Drive May Be Full" error while wokring...
  10. Windows 10 F Drive Full

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 F Drive Full: Did the update for Windows 10 1803 and now there is a Disk F which seems to be a partition Windows made and it said it is full, but there are no files in it. I had tech support from where I bought the desktop and did a remote but they didn't get rid or fix the problem....