Windows 10: Reinstalled windows 10 profile appears corrupt

Discus and support Reinstalled windows 10 profile appears corrupt in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; First sorry if this is in the wrong category I’ve been searching in the forums and online through every which search I could think of reset, refresh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ri6tmaker9, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Reinstalled windows 10 profile appears corrupt

First sorry if this is in the wrong category I’ve been searching in the forums and online through every which search I could think of reset, refresh windows, clean install windows 10 and I’m very stumped as to why my profiles keep becoming corrupt or at least I think they’re corrupt my background is black not the default wallpaper my start menu won’t open and I don’t have access to the default taskbar icons the last tutorial I followed was to clean-install windows 10 from here I did get the last windows 10 build but everything still didn’t work even trying to download anything from the web was impossible iexplorer would fail the download. I’m really lost as to what I could to reinstall windows 10 correctly.
    My specs:
    windows 10 i5-6402p 2.8ghz 120 go adata ssd 1tb WD hdd 7200RPM
    8gb 2133 ddr4 ram

:)

Ri6tmaker9, Jun 16, 2018
  2. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Reinstalled windows 10 profile appears corrupt :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Jun 17, 2018
  3. Kursah Win User
    Most painless way to reinstall windows 10?

It depends on the junk accumulated honestly, but there are various methods. You can always remove programs, delete download folder, media locations, etc. As some have suggested, keeping some items on a separate internal storage drive is an option as well. Depends on what you have, what your budget is and how you want to handle your system and data.

The method @RejZoR suggests is sound and a method I've used dozens if not hundreds of time with great success in the field. In many cases though the goal is to keep user data intact, and to repair the OS. In place upgrade as it is called is also only doable in that method if you can boot to desktop, if you can't, it is time for some more advanced options or a format & reinstall.

With Windows 8 and 10 there are refresh and reset options that can be leveraged as well. Hold Shift and click Restart to reboot your system, this will get you into the advanced boot menu, which you'll need to choose advanced options (I forget ATM what it is called) and choose one of a couple items, refresh or reset.

Refresh is essentially In Place Upgrade but a little more aggressive as it wipes the Windows Apps and you may need to reinstall programs. Reset is like an OS reinstall, wipes user data, wipes profiles, registry, performs a install from the system image. Often times I'll do this and bypass using a USB key on a system. Though there are instances where these options will not work if a system has a level of corruption that has not been repaired/resolved. Check the OS Repair link in my sig for more info if ya need.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jun 17, 2018
  4. Reinstalled windows 10 profile appears corrupt

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    • In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    • Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    • In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    • In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jun 17, 2018
Thema:

Reinstalled windows 10 profile appears corrupt

1. Reinstalled windows 10 profile appears corrupt - Similar Threads - Reinstalled profile appears

2. Windows 10 Corruption and Frozen Reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Corruption and Frozen Reinstall: I have been trying to reinstall windows 10 for two days now to no avail. I have recently replaced my CPU in my computer and everything was able to boot up fine and there was not file loss or issues. A week later, my computer wont stop restarting or crashing whichever way you...
  3. Windows 10 Corruption and Frozen Reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Corruption and Frozen Reinstall: I have been trying to reinstall windows 10 for two days now to no avail. I have recently replaced my CPU in my computer and everything was able to boot up fine and there was not file loss or issues. A week later, my computer wont stop restarting or crashing whichever way you...
  4. Reinstalling corrupted Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalling corrupted Windows 10 Pro: I got a new custom built PC for my son at Christmas with Windows 10 Pro installed. Last week, after a windows update, it stopped booting and gave the message "cannot find bootable device" in the BIOS. When I contacted the helpline of the company we bought it from, they said...
  5. Corrupt profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupt profile: so i was holding the power button on my laptop to force my computer to shot down while window is signing in and the next time i turned my computer on, it say the window cant sign in my profile and i have to use a alternative profile which will lost everything i did after i...
  6. Windows Profile Corrupted

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Profile Corrupted: Hi, I recently worked with Microsoft on a separate issue I was having significant trouble logging into my Microsoft account on any app/web browser. The popup to login would turn blank and white and would never let me login. It turned out to be my Windows profile itself, not...
  7. "Corrupted" profile?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Corrupted" profile?: I have a piece of hardware that works fine when plugged into one my profile users, but when it connects to the other user it doesnt work the same way!. I dont know what to do. I could use the other profile but I have some data there wich I like to keep handy, is there a way...
  8. Corrupted Profile

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Corrupted Profile: This morning, I tried signing into my computer to find out my profile had been corrupted, is there anyway I can get my files from that profile back? submitted by /u/Motorsport_Fanatic_7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gv7as9/corrupted_profile/
  9. Profile corrupted?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Profile corrupted?: On booting, my Desktop and Taskbar have become almost empty. Start has lost almost all of its tiles, some are blacked out. The Store cannot be accessed. Most icons which remained or which I re-created do not launch their app or file. A few which work look like their app has...
  10. Reinstalled windows 10 profile corrupt

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Reinstalled windows 10 profile corrupt: First sorry if this is in the wrong category I’ve been searching in the forums and online through every which search I could think of reset, refresh windows, clean install windows 10 and I’m very stumped as to why my profiles keep becoming corrupt or at least I think they’re...