Windows 10: Reinstalled windows, but need to get my Users back.

Discus and support Reinstalled windows, but need to get my Users back. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had recently reinstalled windows after this tragedy: Link to Question Everything works again, but there is a problem. I had my Users folder in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DonatasKirda, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Reinstalled windows, but need to get my Users back.

I had recently reinstalled windows after this tragedy:

Link to Question

Everything works again, but there is a problem.

I had my Users folder in my D disk. After reinstalling windows I still have it, but windows didn't use them.

Right now I have both C:\Users and D:\Users.

I am wondering how can I set my Users folder to be the already existant D:\Users.

Originally I've set my Users folder to be in D:\ disk by creating an unattended answer file whilst installing.

The window to use express or custom options didn't show up so I thought that I couldn't do that anymore.

Now I'm stuck and would like some help, if possible of course.

:)

DonatasKirda, Aug 18, 2018
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Aug 18, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Reinstalled windows, but need to get my Users back. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 18, 2018
  4. Reinstalled windows, but need to get my Users back.

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

Reinstalled windows, but need to get my Users back.

1. Reinstalled windows, but need to get my Users back. - Similar Threads - Reinstalled need Users

2. I need to get my original profile back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to get my original profile back: Split from this thread. I need to get my original profile back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-get-my-original-profile-back/4f88514b-72ae-4a37-8ce4-6704a2a48a5b
  3. My users/… folder is in Desktop folder. How to get it back into users?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My users/… folder is in Desktop folder. How to get it back into users?: First to explain when I noticed it: After fixing a problem with my Desktop I did something to let my Computer think it was D:, fixed it my users/… folder appeared in Desktop folder. I can copy the users/…folder and do other things with it, but I can‘t cut it out and now don‘t...
  4. My users/… folder is in Desktop folder. How to get it back into users?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My users/… folder is in Desktop folder. How to get it back into users?: First to explain when I noticed it: After fixing a problem with my Desktop I did something to let my Computer think it was D:, fixed it my users/… folder appeared in Desktop folder. I can copy the users/…folder and do other things with it, but I can‘t cut it out and now don‘t...
  5. My users/… folder is in Desktop folder. How to get it back into users?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Need help cant get back into my conputer!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help cant get back into my conputer!: Can’t get to desktop So i was running windows on my Macbook with bootcamp and couldnt start some apps because of an error so i looked it up and was told to download Microsoft c++ (64) and (86). But after restarting i got a bluescreen that tells me: Your device ran into a...
  7. Need help getting bluetooth reinstalled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help getting bluetooth reinstalled: My bluetooth is now showing up and can't get it to work again, please help. Motherboard: GIGABYTE B450 AORUS PRO WIFI https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-getting-bluetooth-reinstalled/da389fb1-27a6-4fab-ba00-e9ba9912ef29
  8. Getting old Windows user data back?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Getting old Windows user data back?: I bought a new PC and installed my old records. I have NOT transferred the disk with my old Windows data and want to transfer the data. But I don't have the authorization and I can't do that. How can I get my data back? I can access individual data, but I have a lot of...
  9. I need help backing up my files — reinstalling Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help backing up my files — reinstalling Windows 10.: So I’ve downloaded plenty of torrents from several months ago. And my computer is starting to shit on me. I’ve made several posts about this, when I log onto another user. There isn’t lag, but on my current one. There is lag present. I’m not certain of its cause, but it’s...
  10. I need to get my Internet Explorer back on.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need to get my Internet Explorer back on.: I have Windows 10,Always have had Internet Explorer on My Computer,one night the computer said update and shut down,i did,next morning,i turned it on,i had Microsoft Edge,I cannot stand it,i need to have Internet Explorer back on,i have tried several times to reset it,not...