Windows 10: Reinstalled Windows on drive C: and recovered data from drive D:.

Discus and support Reinstalled Windows on drive C: and recovered data from drive D:. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've reached a point where I've already tried all possible options to salvage my notebook unsuccessfully. Starting in safe mode, checking BIOS, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnLVog, Apr 22, 2024.

1. JohnLVog Win User

Reinstalled Windows on drive C: and recovered data from drive D:.

I've reached a point where I've already tried all possible options to salvage my notebook unsuccessfully. Starting in safe mode, checking BIOS, and scanning hardware, as well as using the SFC command Unfortunately, none of them helped resolve the black screen after login. Since BIOS and hardware seem fine, and the SFC command detected and supposedly fixed corrupted files in the operating system, it appears that my Win11 OS is no longer accessible, so I'll probably have to reinstall it using a USB stick.My notebook has 2 hard drives, each with 1 TB of storage. Drive C: is on one hard drive an

:)

JohnLVog, Apr 22, 2024

2. No C: but D: drive has all the data

Hi Austin,

To help you with your concern regarding the data on the drive C:, you're seeing the drive "C:" as the drive "D:" because you're booting your computer outside Windows. When booting your computer outside Windows, the system is reading the recovery partition
    as drive C: and the data in the drive C: \ are listed on the drive D: \. Try to boot your computer and try to check again the data in the drive C: \ and see if the data are listed.

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Apr 22, 2024
  3. Macazine Win User
    Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. http://billhoyer.com/recover-corrupt-flash-drive-mac

Macazine, Apr 22, 2024
  4. Reinstalled Windows on drive C: and recovered data from drive D:.

Recover files from Flash drive

Does not work on a windows pc which is what the OP probably intended

windows by default does not have HFS and HFS+ based hard drives.
    Able to perform retrieval on both HFS and HFS+ based hard drives. and so will not work with windows

thanks for the effort

dorsetknob, Apr 22, 2024
Thema:

Reinstalled Windows on drive C: and recovered data from drive D:.

1. Reinstalled Windows on drive C: and recovered data from drive D:. - Similar Threads - Reinstalled drive recovered

2. Reinstalled Windows on drive C: and recovered data from drive D:.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalled Windows on drive C: and recovered data from drive D:.: I've reached a point where I've already tried all possible options to salvage my notebook unsuccessfully. Starting in safe mode, checking BIOS, and scanning hardware, as well as using the SFC command Unfortunately, none of them helped resolve the black screen after login....
  3. recover deleted data in Drive C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recover deleted data in Drive C: Hello Team,We were resetting Outlook, but missed taking backup of .ost data file.Is there a tool within Windows or any help from Windows that can recover the lost file.Thanks & Regards....
  4. recover deleted data in Drive C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recover deleted data in Drive C: Hello Team,We were resetting Outlook, but missed taking backup of .ost data file.Is there a tool within Windows or any help from Windows that can recover the lost file.Thanks & Regards....
  5. How to recover data from sudden D drive corruption?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to recover data from sudden D drive corruption?: I'm running the latest update of Windows 10. I have two NVME drives installed in my PC; a C drive for Windows, and a D drive for large personal files.When I started my PC this morning, it told me that Windows needed to "fix errors" on one of my drives, but wouldn't tell me...
  6. How to recover data from sudden D drive corruption?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover data from sudden D drive corruption?: I'm running the latest update of Windows 10. I have two NVME drives installed in my PC; a C drive for Windows, and a D drive for large personal files.When I started my PC this morning, it told me that Windows needed to "fix errors" on one of my drives, but wouldn't tell me...
  7. How to recover data from sudden D drive corruption?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. New PC with fast c-drive and data d-drive.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New PC with fast c-drive and data d-drive.: There has been so much discussion around how to set this up for max efficiency. I provide support for friends and family who are not as knowledgeable as me. To make things easy for me to debug and for my SIL to operate, I want to set up his system as follows, please just...
  9. Move data from C drive to D

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Move data from C drive to D: How to move a c drive that is full to the D drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-data-from-c-drive-to-d/0df7a77f-dcac-4ec1-9d53-148f0565176e
  10. Storing data on Drive C, versus Drive D

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storing data on Drive C, versus Drive D: I have 1.22GB of 118GB available on the C Drive of my 2016 HP laptop, where everything gets stored by default. So pretty close to maxed out. But my D Drive has 854GB of 918GB available. How can I shift everything to the D Drive? Could making such change cause the laptop to...