Windows 10: Reinstalling bluetooth driver for windows ten, and some other annoying issues i need help with

Discus and support Reinstalling bluetooth driver for windows ten, and some other annoying issues i need help with in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Alright, so I kind of went too far down the rabbit hole with this one. I got these bluetooth headphones, and I've been trying to connect them to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Joseph#127, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Reinstalling bluetooth driver for windows ten, and some other annoying issues i need help with

Alright, so I kind of went too far down the rabbit hole with this one.

I got these bluetooth headphones, and I've been trying to connect them to my ASUS laptop for a week or so. The toggle switch to turn bluetooth on and off doesnt show up in my settings, so i searched for help. I found a "guide" that was supposed to help, it just said to go to Device Manager and update the bluetooth driver to the latest software. This didn't work.

I found a question asked by someone on a forum that described my situation quite well, as well as an answer. The answer was to uninstall all bluetooth related devices from device manager, and restart the laptop because device manager was supposed to just automatically reinstall it.

This just made the situation worse, though. I've just restarted my laptop but nothing i deleted has been reinstalled. The "bluetooth and other devices" menu still shows up in my settings, but the toggle still isnt there.

I ended up going and installing a bluetooth driver from Intel's software but it hasnt done anything. Nothing new has popped up apart from the installer, which ive already gone and used.

I need a thorough, easy to understand walkthrough on how to fix my situation, and how to get the headphones to connect to the laptop.

Also, its worth mentioning, i know the headphones work just fine because they connect to my phone just fine, with no audio problems.

Please help? Thank you

:)

Joseph#127, Aug 13, 2018

2. Need Help With Bluetooth Speaker, Issue is with volume control

Hi Sierra,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Based on the description, the issue you are facing may be due to the Bluetooth speaker driver is outdated since it is new. Since the speaker is running in generic driver. Let’s try simple troubleshooting methods and check if it helps, follow the below
    methods information provided.

Method 1.

I suggest you to update the Bluetooth speaker device driver and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Click on “Bluetooth” and expand it.

• Now right click on the speaker device and click on ‘’Update’’.
    If the issue still persist try the below method provided.

Method 2.

As you have mention this issue has occur after recent updates, I suggest you to check for the updates if any Bluetooth updates is pending.

Type “Updates” in the search bar and click on “Check for Updates” from the left pane.

Now click on “Check for Updates” button on the right pane, to receive a fresh list of updates and then install all the updates listed there.

For any issues while installing Windows Updates, you may also refer to this link:

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9830262

If the above method did not fix the issue try the below method.

Method 3.

I would recommend you to download the latest Bluetooth device driver form the Bluetooth manufacturer website and uninstall – reinstall the same in compatibility mode.

Step 1.

Follow the below steps to uninstall the Bluetooth speaker driver.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Click on “Bluetooth” and expand it.

• Now right click on the speaker device and uninstall the Bluetooth speaker driver.
    Step 2.

Follow the below steps to re-install the speaker driver.

Note: Make sure you download the updated Bluetooth speaker driver.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Bluetooth software driver version is downgrading on Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Bluetooth driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Bluetooth

• Click on the Bluetooth to expand, right click on the
      device and click on Properties.

• Now click on Driver tab and click on
      uninstall
      button.

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver restart the computer. It should automatically install the
      Bluetooth generic driver.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method.

Method 2.

I would recommend you to update the Bluetooth driver and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Bluetooth

• Click on the Bluetooth to expand, right click on the
      device and click on update.
    If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest updated Bluetooth driver and install the same.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 13, 2018
  4. Reinstalling bluetooth driver for windows ten, and some other annoying issues i need help with

Bluetooth software driver version is downgrading on Windows 10

RIPUPATIDAR, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

Reinstalling bluetooth driver for windows ten, and some other annoying issues i need help with

1. Reinstalling bluetooth driver for windows ten, and some other annoying issues i need help with - Similar Threads - Reinstalling bluetooth driver

2. need help in how to reinstall bluetooth drivers on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    need help in how to reinstall bluetooth drivers on windows 10: need help in how to reinstall bluetooth drivers on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-in-how-to-reinstall-bluetooth-drivers-on/55609970-4d4c-4c72-90ff-3950a4179f6a
  3. Help need Bluetooth driver.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help need Bluetooth driver.: I was forced to update and my Bluetooth driver is missing i am looking to get a new one but haven't found much help. I'm using an HP Pavilion 570-p094 Desktop, i have used BT before and i know my motherboard supports it so any help would be appreciated. submitted by...
  4. Need help getting bluetooth reinstalled

Need help getting bluetooth reinstalled: My bluetooth is now showing up and can't get it to work again, please help. Motherboard: GIGABYTE B450 AORUS PRO WIFI https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-getting-bluetooth-reinstalled/da389fb1-27a6-4fab-ba00-e9ba9912ef29
  5. Need Some Bluetooth Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Some Bluetooth Help: Hi All, I'm running Windows 10 Pro (64), and I'm having an issue keeping Bluetooth connected from my laptop (Lenovo ThinkBook 14s-IWL) to my external speaker (NUBWO). When I turn on Bluetooth it recognizes the speaker and it does pair, but it disconnects after a few minutes....
  6. bluetooth help needed to reinstall driver

bluetooth help needed to reinstall driver: My Bluetooth isn't working and need to reinstall the correct driver. I would appreciate some help with this issue please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-help-needed-to-reinstall-driver/620fc2d6-bf0b-41d0-817c-a4724fb4ac28
  7. Need to reinstall bluetooth drivers

Need to reinstall bluetooth drivers: Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 Installed 7/2/19 OS build 18362.207 Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-reinstall-bluetooth-drivers/fd72e4e1-7a7d-4674-850a-1f1a1da6edcb
  8. need help in how to reinstall bluetooth drivers on windows 10

need help in how to reinstall bluetooth drivers on windows 10: need help in how to reinstall bluetooth drivers on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-in-how-to-reinstall-bluetooth-drivers-on/b3d32892-a123-4314-8238-fbfb5cf1246a
  9. Think I need to reinstall Win Ten

in Windows 10 Support
    Think I need to reinstall Win Ten: Gaming PC with 1080ti Graphics Card 4.5 GHz quad Core 3Tb Hard Drive 3Tb Seagate external drive Windows 10 (not pre installed, kosher new usb stick and product key, bought separately from the machine) Had it for a year and it worked fine until it didn't. One day it...
  10. Need help on Bluetooth driver

Need help on Bluetooth driver: Hi everyone. Need some ideas and help. I have a Dell M6500 w/ Win10 64bit. I installed the 1/2 mini-card for bluetooth. The card is Realtek C205 part# and is a Dell part. I am having real issue finding the drivers. It comes up as RF in other devices. I used the Lenova drivers...