Windows 10: Reinstalling Microsoft Store and Windows Photos App

Discus and support Reinstalling Microsoft Store and Windows Photos App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The initial issue I was having was that my photos app was not working and most windows app icons didn't show at all. They were just blank blue color... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Fuzion64, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Fuzion64 Win User

Reinstalling Microsoft Store and Windows Photos App

The initial issue I was having was that my photos app was not working and most windows app icons didn't show at all. They were just blank blue color and the photos app would not even launch.

The fact that the app wouldn't even work at all told me something was up, so after that I started looking deeper around the os and trying to find a solution.

One solution told me to use command prompt reinstall the photos app, but first I would have to uninstall and reinstall the microsoft store. Unfortunately the command does not recognized the commands its asking for to reinstall things so no luck there.

Somehow I have no photos app and my microsoft store is gone from 10.

I have already tried resetting windows with a full erase - icons are still blank and the microsoft store is still not working. SFC /scannow will not fix the issue, so what can I do to solve this. I've tried reset hoping windows would return to its default factory state, but somehow my custom power profile/folders are always there and the photos app is missing and neither microsoft store or photos works correctly.

I should not that I upgraded from 7 to 10, so that might be causing reset issues.

I've noticed that since several apps seem to be messed up the os seems more sluggish.
    I noticed this ever since I modified the trusted installer security stuff 2 resets ago all so I could have my own custom alarms sounds in the windows folder. Following a youtube tutorial and modifying trusted installer/my own username account settings has made something go terribly wrong when all I wanted to do was use my own custom alarm sounds renamed alarm1.wav-alarm8.wav

I'll never change my alarms sounds again after so much of an issue.

:)

Fuzion64, Aug 29, 2018

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 29, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-purging-lot-low-quality-apps-windows-store

P4-630, Aug 29, 2018
  4. Reinstalling Microsoft Store and Windows Photos App

Windows 10--> app store, photo <--- not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with Windows Store apps as they are not working, we will help you with this issue.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: For issues with Windows Store.

You may try these steps to clear the Store cache and check if it helps:

• Press the "Windows + R" keys on the keyboard.
    • Type "wsreset.exe" and press "Enter".
    • Reboot the computer and then check the issues with the Windows Store.

Method 2: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter

Windows Store Apps troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store apps form working properly.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 3:

I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
    • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 29, 2018
Thema:

Reinstalling Microsoft Store and Windows Photos App

1. Reinstalling Microsoft Store and Windows Photos App - Similar Threads - Reinstalling Microsoft Store

2. Where are photos stored for the Microsoft Photo Legacy app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are photos stored for the Microsoft Photo Legacy app: Seeing that there no longer a "People" section to the Photo App, I was told to download and use the Photo Legacy app. The Legacy app does have the people function. Sometimes I like to change the pictures that display on the live tile and I could change them manually at...
  3. Where are photos stored for the Microsoft Photo Legacy app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are photos stored for the Microsoft Photo Legacy app: Seeing that there no longer a "People" section to the Photo App, I was told to download and use the Photo Legacy app. The Legacy app does have the people function. Sometimes I like to change the pictures that display on the live tile and I could change them manually at...
  4. Microsoft Store and Photos apps are gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store and Photos apps are gone: One day I tried opening some photos of mine and the app I'd open them with was Microsoft Photos. It didn't open and instead came back with a timeout error: I tried going to the app's advanced settings, but that wouldn't load unless I was in safe mode, and I couldn't uninstall...
  5. Microsoft Store and Photos apps are gone

Microsoft Store and Photos apps are gone: One day I tried opening some photos of mine and the app I'd open them with was Microsoft Photos. It didn't open and instead came back with a timeout error: I tried going to the app's advanced settings, but that wouldn't load unless I was in safe mode, and I couldn't uninstall...
  6. Microsoft Store and Photos App won't work after reinstalling windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and Photos App won't work after reinstalling windows 10: As the title says the store app, the photos app and the calculator won't work. If I search them in the taskbar, they appear but are unable to launch. The folders in AppData are missing and the apps doesnt show in Apps & Features. I tried wsreset.exe, re-registering Store in...
  7. Reinstall Microsoft Store App

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Microsoft Store App: How Can I reinstall Microsoft Store App on my windows10 as I made reset for it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-microsoft-store-app/a1fefeee-f585-48bc-88f3-3a7ded665074
  8. Cannot reinstall Microsoft Photos App from Store

Cannot reinstall Microsoft Photos App from Store: Microsoft Photos will not install. Photos would not call Maps from a photo file information. I reset Photos using Advanced Settings. The Photos App now shows on the Programmes and Apps list Start menu, but is not in the Apps list in the Settings list Apps&Features so it...
  9. Reinstalling Microsoft Store and Windows Photos App

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reinstalling Microsoft Store and Windows Photos App: The initial issue I was having was that my photos app was not working and most windows app icons didn't show at all. They were just blank blue color and the photos app would not even launch. The fact that the app wouldn't even work at all told me something was up, so after...
  10. Microsoft Photos App not working & can't reinstall

Microsoft Photos App not working & can't reinstall: My photos app was working fine then it suddenly refused to stay open. I tried using "repair" and "reset" but neither worked so I uninstalled it. Now I can not reinstall it. I get an error during the installation. I've reboot my computer. I signed out and back into the...