Windows 10: Reinstalling W10 after 29th of July

Discus and support Reinstalling W10 after 29th of July in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have a question : after the free upgrade period expires, how do I reinstall Windows 10 if I have it installed now? For instance, I want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Snukye, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Snukye Win User

Reinstalling W10 after 29th of July

Hello,

I have a question : after the free upgrade period expires, how do I reinstall Windows 10 if I have it installed now?

For instance, I want to reinstall it to do a Clean Up of my computer, or I am upgrading/migrating to another system (hardware) etc.

:)

Snukye, Jul 27, 2016
  2. terry1938 Win User

WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE

If you reserved W10 update it will download automatically on/after 29th July. You do not have to get a confirmation, it will just download and you install at your convenience

terry1938, Jul 27, 2016
  3. Shilohbob Win User
    i am not getting notification to reserve my windows 10

If you have reserved W10, the Windows 10 RTM is officially released on
    29th July 2015, on or after that date you will be advised that it is ready for installation.

Shilohbob, Jul 27, 2016
  4. z3r010 Win User

z3r010, Jul 27, 2016
  5. Snukye Win User
    And if I will upgrade my system ? (i.e. changing Hard disk)

Snukye, Jul 27, 2016
  6. z3r010 Win User
    Hard disk should be fine, I'd imagine you will run into problems if the motherboard is changed though, just like you would with a Windows 7/8 OEM licence.

z3r010, Jul 27, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 27, 2016
  8. Snukye Win User

That is what I was looking for!
    Thank you, guys!

Snukye, Jul 27, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Glad we could help. *Smile

Brink, Jul 27, 2016
  10. Odysseus Win User
    Can you link multiple computers if you have more than one Win 10 machine?

Odysseus, Jul 27, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yes, but each PC will need to be activated by a different license to be able to link them to your MSA (Microsoft account).

Brink, Jul 27, 2016
  12. Odysseus Win User
    Thanks for the quick reply, but I am a little confused. If you have several Win 10 computers, don't each of them have to be activated by separate licenses? I think I am not understanding something.

Odysseus, Jul 27, 2016
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Correct. That's what I meant. *Smile

Brink, Jul 27, 2016
  14. What if i downloaded the update but never installed it?

mremptywallet, Jul 28, 2016
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You would miss out on the free upgrade to Windows 10 if not upgrade to W10 by the end of tomorrow July 29th.

After this date, you will have to purchase Windows 10 to get a retail product key to activate with.

Brink, Jul 28, 2016
Thema:

1. Reinstalling W10 after 29th of July - Similar Threads - Reinstalling W10 29th

2. I did not authorize a purchase. July 29th 2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I did not authorize a purchase. July 29th 2023: I did not purchase Publisher. I never sent that request for the product and it says it has been redeemed. How can I refund this purchase and get my money back? I am a college student who needs every last cent.Order number 9531093973I also obtained spam emails on the email...
  3. I did not authorize a purchase. July 29th 2023

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I did not authorize a purchase. July 29th 2023: I did not purchase Publisher. I never sent that request for the product and it says it has been redeemed. How can I refund this purchase and get my money back? I am a college student who needs every last cent.Order number 9531093973I also obtained spam emails on the email...
  4. I did not authorize a purchase. July 29th 2023

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Can I get Win10 for free after July 29th this year?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I get Win10 for free after July 29th this year?: I already know about the trick where you update then revert, and the computer you updated on will be able to upgrade again for free after July 29th, but what if I won't have the computer I want to upgrade until after this date? I'm getting a MacBook Air in August. I like...
  6. July 29th not June 29th

in Windows 10 Support
    July 29th not June 29th: I was getting so excited for windows 10 on the 29th June....and then I realised it's July not June lol! Silly me, I must have read it wrong. And there I was looking forward to installing it tomorrow! I even bought myself a new SSD and cloned my W8.1 over! This is how I...
  7. Hardware change after 29th July

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hardware change after 29th July: Hi all I wonder what will happen if a major component like a motherboard is changed after 29th July, will Microsoft accept it or will we have to buy a key. Many people have got away with hardware changes on OEM licenses in the past with earlier versions of Windows. 57641
  8. July 29th -> If I upgrade now, will it still be free?

July 29th -> If I upgrade now, will it still be free?: Hello everyone, Sorry if this question is stupid. But if I upgrade today will it still be free? According to some websites the price goes up on the 30th, but microsoft itself seems to state very strongly that the price goes up on the 29th. If I update now will I have to...
  9. Windows 10 Install after the 29th July

Windows 10 Install after the 29th July: Hi, As long as you follow the steps on the enclosed link will to get the ticket will this work for a free upgrade after the 29th July ? Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First - Windows 10 Forums Thanks, 54270
  10. Anyone here planning on buying an oem w10 computer on July 29th?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone here planning on buying an oem w10 computer on July 29th?: Anyone here planning on buying an oem w10 computer on July 29th? I would like to know what build number is used on that system before you connect to the internet for an update. I also wonder if each oem manufacture will have different builds. I am just curious. 8929