Windows 10: [Reinstalling windows 10 due to problems]

Discus and support [Reinstalling windows 10 due to problems] in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I upgraded from windows 7 almost a year back. Recently,Windows 10 appstore stopped working upon opening and most other windows apps dont work. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by faraz, Jan 25, 2017.

1. faraz Win User

[Reinstalling windows 10 due to problems]

So I upgraded from windows 7 almost a year back.
    Recently,Windows 10 appstore stopped working upon opening and most other windows apps dont work.
    So after contacting microsoft people and some people on this forum,I have decided to finally reinstall windows 10 or atleast update it to AU edition cuz maybe it might fix the issues.
    Another problem is that every update I try to install, fails and then it tries to revert the changes. Thats why i havent dowloaded the AU edition from windows update.
    I used the Windows 10 upgrade assistant to download the update.It eventually downloaded the update but failed to install it due to a windows update error.
    Currently using Media creation tool to download windows 10. Not sure I can download it though.11% in like 2 hours *Mad
    So, Can I resume/pause the media creation tool download without resetting the progress?

Sort of a bigger hope:
    I have this ESD folder in my C drive from when I first updated to windows 10.It has the windows 10 disk files.Can I somehow use them to reinstall windows 10 without loss of my data?
    Hoping to get some quick help.
    Thanks.

:)

faraz, Jan 25, 2017

2. problems with windows 10 and google chrome

since loading windows 10 i have seen a number of frustrating issues when using google chrome which i have never had before. The most frustrating of these (i have a touch screen laptop) is if i drag the cursor over the screen it resizes either larger or
    smaller which is not what i want. Not a techie so whilst i have tried to fix it looking at other issues i have still not been successful - any ideas how i can fix this please?

windows 10 problems, Jan 25, 2017
  3. re activating FSX after upgrade to 10

PaulSkids,

Hi! it is looked like you had no problem to reinstalled the FSX after upgraded to windows 10 in this article, would you mind sharing with me the procces how to reinstalled the FSX without having the Error Code of 1722 and 1503, due to most
    of the discussions are not pinpoint to the problems those were occurred when reinstalled the FSX into windows 10. thanks !

Eddie Chen

Eddiehuangweichen, Jan 25, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

You can try this:
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Just use the setup.exe file in your ESD folder instead of a Windows 10 flash drive or DVD.

NavyLCDR, Jan 25, 2017
  5. AddRAM Win User
    AddRAM, Jan 25, 2017
  6. faraz Win User
    So I need to burn the files to a DVD and then use the DVD to refresh/reset windows 10?
    Will I keep my data if I dont backup because I thought my data would be safe if I reinstalled windows 10 *Huh. Thats why I wanted to reset/refresh or something.

faraz, Jan 26, 2017
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    No. Just run the setup.exe program right where it is.

NavyLCDR, Jan 26, 2017
  8. faraz Win User

That doesnot work for some reason. I get the error : Setup Couldnot start properly.Please reboot your PC and try running windows 10 setup again.

faraz, Jan 26, 2017
  9. faraz Win User
    For some reason I cant reinstall windows 10. I got an error after I started installing and it brought me back to the desktop.
    Need help please

faraz, Jan 27, 2017
  10. swarfega Win User
    I would use Media Creation Tool and tell it to set up a usb stick and follow this guide.

swarfega, Jan 27, 2017
  11. faraz Win User
    Me too but you can't do that when u have a crappy internet -_-. Took like 2 hours and downloaded 5% not fancy keeping my computer on 54 hours for it to complete or something.
    I would like a simple way to update/upgrade to the AU edition without loosing my stuff.Not seen a single person with my problems yet.

faraz, Jan 27, 2017
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    This forums is full of people with problems almost exactly like yours. Unfortunately, the ultimate solution is to create a bootable Windows 10 installation USB flash drive or DVD, boot the computer from it, and start over with a fresh, clean error-free new install of Windows 10. Since you appear to not have all the complete Windows 10 installation files on your computer, you will either have to download it, borrow it from someone, or purchase one.

Now there is one option to try:
    ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File

Look in the sources folder of your ESD folder and see if an install.esd file is in there. (Sources folder in the screenshot you posted in post #1).

NavyLCDR, Jan 27, 2017
  13. faraz Win User

You are saying to look in the sources folder in the ESD folder pic I attached in the first post.I indeed have a "install.esd" file around 3Gb in size but looking at the guide, It says the file would be in the $Windows~BT folder. However, I dont have complete contents in that folder.So is it okay if i just use the "install.esd" file which is in the ESD folder?Also, by "Clean install" will I loose all my stuff in my PC or just the drive with the OS?

faraz, Jan 27, 2017
  14. NavyLCDR New Member
    Yes.

If you have a separate partition with data files on it, you can leave that partition, but a clean install will erase everything in the partition that C: drive is on.

NavyLCDR, Jan 27, 2017
  15. faraz Win User
    So I tried running to ESDtoISO tool.It worked for quite some time making folders and then in the end it deleted them due to some error.Is that because somehow my "install.esd" is corrupted?

faraz, Jan 28, 2017
Thema:

1. [Reinstalling windows 10 due to problems] - Similar Threads - Reinstalling due problems

2. Reinstalling Windows 10 problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling Windows 10 problems: I'm doing this for the first time so forgive me if I'm stupid. Today I decided to reinstall windows 10 onto my computer and it failed miserably. After like 20-30 minutes of waiting I had to sign into the PC's user account using my everyday password but it didn't work even...
  3. Reinstalling Windows 10 problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Windows 10 problems: I'm doing this for the first time so forgive me if I'm stupid. Today I decided to reinstall windows 10 onto my computer and it failed miserably. After like 20-30 minutes of waiting I had to sign into the PC's user account using my everyday password but it didn't work even...
  4. Windows 10 reinstall problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 reinstall problem: My acer nitro lost its operating system so I created a USB drive version on another laptop with the Windows media creation tool.I started the install on the nitro and it recognized the USB and went to windows logo with spinning circle.Now the laptop went to a blank blue...
  5. Windows 10 reinstall problem

Windows 10 reinstall problem: My acer nitro lost its operating system so I created a USB drive version on another laptop with the Windows media creation tool.I started the install on the nitro and it recognized the USB and went to windows logo with spinning circle.Now the laptop went to a blank blue...
  6. Problem reinstalling windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem reinstalling windows 10: I am currently attempting to reinstall windows 10 using a bootable USB, i erased the partitions on my SSD, and then it says it must restart to continue the installation. it restarts and then goes back to the beginning of the installation, asking me about partitions again. I’m...
  7. Reinstallation problem with Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstallation problem with Windows 10.: So ive always had this problem where when you Try reinstalling a game with a windows installer package, it works but then when it tries to download it this pops up. Error reading from file C:\Users\<user>\Downloads\<filename>.msi. Verify that the file exists and you can...
  8. Problems Reinstalling Windows 10

Problems Reinstalling Windows 10: I have a machine with Windows 10 installed that stopped being able to install updates a long while back. When I tried to install cumulative updates I would get a 0x800f081f error. I've tried doing all the suggested fixes for this error type I could find, and none have worked....
  9. Windows 10 reinstall problem

Windows 10 reinstall problem: Hi I own a asus tuf fx505dt ryzen 5 laptop. I decided to reset it so i create a recovery drive on a flash pen drive. After that i open advanced mode to reinstall windows 10. And there have Choose an option there was three option 1. Recover from a drive 2.Troubleshoot...
  10. Windows 10 Reinstall Problem

Windows 10 Reinstall Problem: Novice/Amateur here, so be patient, please. Installed a new 500GB SSD in my Dell Inspiron 13 laptop and tried to clone the old drive to the new using the Acronis software from the drive's manufacturer. Needless to say, something went wrong and the clone did not go well at...