Windows 10: Reinstalling Windows 10, unable to find storage drives

Discus and support Reinstalling Windows 10, unable to find storage drives in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer (HP Envy h8-1534) has been frozen in the startup repair loop for some time. I finally was able to get a fresh copy of Windows 10 on a USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GoIndians13, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Reinstalling Windows 10, unable to find storage drives

My computer (HP Envy h8-1534) has been frozen in the startup repair loop for some time. I finally was able to get a fresh copy of Windows 10 on a USB drive, and am able to enter the installation page for Windows 10, but during the Windows setup, when I try to select "Where do you want to install Windows?" I receive an error message, saying "We couldn't find any drives. To get a storage driver, click Load driver."

Are there copies of the drivers for this device so that I can once again have access to these partitions? I know that they are there somewhere because when I browse for folder for the driver it recognizes ESD-USB (CReinstalling Windows 10, unable to find storage drives :) as well as the other drives (USB D-G:, and Boot (XReinstalling Windows 10, unable to find storage drives :).

Thank you in advance for your help!

:)

GoIndians13, Aug 3, 2018

2. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Aug 4, 2018
  3. 333t Win User
    How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

333t, Aug 4, 2018
  4. Reinstalling Windows 10, unable to find storage drives

Can't Free Up Storage OnHP Stream 11 Running Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to delete the temporary files and free up the storage space on Windows 10 Operating System, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about:
    Free up drive space in Windows 10

Step 2: I suggest you to check the storage capacity of each of the drives in
    Windows Explorer.

• Press Windows key, type This PC, select it.
    • Right click on each of the drives and click on Properties.
    • Also, you can perform Disk Cleanup from the
      Step 2
      as well.
    • Select the files to be delete on each of the drives.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

Reinstalling Windows 10, unable to find storage drives

1. Reinstalling Windows 10, unable to find storage drives - Similar Threads - Reinstalling unable find

2. storage drives not showing up after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    storage drives not showing up after reinstalling windows: My original system drive kicked the bucket, so I replaced it with a new one and clean installed windows 10. As per most recommendations I disconnected my two storage drives 1HDD and 1 SSD before doing the clean install, and then reconnected them after. Now they aren't showing...
  3. storage drives not showing up after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    storage drives not showing up after reinstalling windows: My original system drive kicked the bucket, so I replaced it with a new one and clean installed windows 10. As per most recommendations I disconnected my two storage drives 1HDD and 1 SSD before doing the clean install, and then reconnected them after. Now they aren't showing...
  4. storage drives not showing up after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unable to find Outlook 365 after Reinstallation of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to find Outlook 365 after Reinstallation of Windows 10: Hi,I have Surface Laptop 2 and recently I have reinstalled Windows 10 on my machine. After reinstallation I cannot find the outlook365 which was preinstalled on my surface 2 when I bought it. Kindly guide how to recover it.Thanks,Najma...
  6. Unable to find Outlook 365 after Reinstallation of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to find Outlook 365 after Reinstallation of Windows 10: Hi,I have Surface Laptop 2 and recently I have reinstalled Windows 10 on my machine. After reinstallation I cannot find the outlook365 which was preinstalled on my surface 2 when I bought it. Kindly guide how to recover it.Thanks,Najma...
  7. Unable to find Outlook 365 after Reinstallation of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Reinstalling Windows 10, unable to find storage drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Windows 10, unable to find storage drives: My computer HP Paviallion -360 has been frozen in the startup repair loop for some time. I finally was able to get a fresh copy of Windows 10 on a USB drive, and am able to enter the installation page for Windows 10, but during the Windows setup, when I try to select "Where...
  9. Storage Issue - Unable to find what is using up the storage

Storage Issue - Unable to find what is using up the storage: I have been getting a storage warning lately. I have a 1000GB storage capacity on my laptop and when I go into the storage option in the control panel, it tells me that I am using over close to the 1000GB. I can see the usage for my games, documents, photos, music, etc but...
  10. Unable to change app storage drive after reinstalling Windows (0x800700005)

Unable to change app storage drive after reinstalling Windows (0x800700005): I had The Outer Worlds installed from Microsoft Game Pass PC in my D: drive before reformatting and reinstalling Windows 10 on my C: drive (the D:\WindowsApps folder is still occupied). I wanted to reinstall The Outer Worlds in my D: drive, so I tried changing the new app...