Windows 10: Reinstalling Windows Store

Discus and support Reinstalling Windows Store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello All, My Windows store stopped working and I tried everything to make it work again until finally I decided to delete it via PowerShell with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Calsonic, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Calsonic Win User

Reinstalling Windows Store

Hello All,

My Windows store stopped working and I tried everything to make it work again until finally I decided to delete it via PowerShell with the command:

Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* | Remove-AppxPackage

Now it's completely gone and I can't find a way to reinstall it. There is no available download online. I tried using Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\<PackageFullName>" –DisableDevelopmentMode command, but it seems that the files are completely wiped out. MS makes it so difficult to work around these app issues.

Help!
    Excuse the different font styles. A lot of copy and pasting Reinstalling Windows Store :p

:)

Calsonic, Oct 10, 2015

2. reinstalling windows store

hello

,while i enter wsreset.exe itis showing that the application cannot be started try reinstalling the application to fix problem how can i reinstall it

sriharsha.k, Oct 10, 2015
  3. Reinstall Windows Store

Thanks for the help!

I copied C:\Users\USERNAME-xxxx\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe

from a local account, set up all the permissions, ran the power shell command again and my Windows Store is back.

Now I am back to the original store problem: can't download or update any apps.

I get:

Try that again Something went wrong. The error code is 0x80070005 in case you need it.

I agree with you that it suggests permissions, but I can" figure out where.

StewartFerguson, Oct 10, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Calsonic, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

I'm afraid that usually you have to reinstall Windows to restore an uninstalled Store.

If you like, you should be able to do a repair install for this without losing anything.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Brink, Oct 10, 2015
Thema:

1. Reinstalling Windows Store - Similar Threads - Reinstalling Store

2. Cannot open or reinstall apps like Photos or Store on Windows 11, considering repair...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open or reinstall apps like Photos or Store on Windows 11, considering repair...: I have attempted reinstallation of these apps on powershell as admin and got no results. Only thing i haven't tried that I have come across is a repair install. I am questioning if I should do this and if it would mess anything up. Additionally, I am wondering if I should...
  3. Cannot open or reinstall apps like Photos or Store on Windows 11, considering repair...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open or reinstall apps like Photos or Store on Windows 11, considering repair...: I have attempted reinstallation of these apps on powershell as admin and got no results. Only thing i haven't tried that I have come across is a repair install. I am questioning if I should do this and if it would mess anything up. Additionally, I am wondering if I should...
  4. i deleted a game off the microsoft store and reinstalled it only for the save data to be...

i deleted a game off the microsoft store and reinstalled it only for the save data to be...: Ive tried searching appdata but found nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-a-game-off-the-microsoft-store-and/d691256b-81fd-49d9-8723-1c3730e1a68b
  5. i deleted a game off the microsoft store and reinstalled it only for the save data to be...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i deleted a game off the microsoft store and reinstalled it only for the save data to be...: Ive tried searching appdata but found nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-a-game-off-the-microsoft-store-and/d691256b-81fd-49d9-8723-1c3730e1a68b
  6. i deleted a game off the microsoft store and reinstalled it only for the save data to be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. how can i reinstall microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how can i reinstall microsoft store: How can I restore Microsoft Store to my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-reinstall-microsoft-store/873a95c2-6e1c-47ab-b019-276cd286d903
  8. how can i reinstall microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i reinstall microsoft store: How can I restore Microsoft Store to my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-reinstall-microsoft-store/873a95c2-6e1c-47ab-b019-276cd286d903
  9. how can i reinstall microsoft store

10. MS Store -Reinstall- uninstalled cos Apps stopped working

MS Store -Reinstall- uninstalled cos Apps stopped working: removed MS Store as Apps stopped working and state *error* on reinstall. Cannot reinstall Store now. tried all fixes available on internet like WS-reset -i or powershell remove gives error and reinstall gives error . package. Windows PowerShell Copyright C Microsoft...