Windows 10: Reinstalling windows to new drive

Discus and support Reinstalling windows to new drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently added a new SSD to my PC and I would like to move windows to it but keep everything else on the hard drive where it is instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LIL Gamer Pro2, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Reinstalling windows to new drive

Hi, I have recently added a new SSD to my PC and I would like to move windows to it but keep everything else on the hard drive where it is instead of moving it to SSD as well. What is the best way to do this?

:)

LIL Gamer Pro2, Aug 22, 2018

2. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Aug 22, 2018
  3. little cat, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Reinstalling windows to new drive

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

Reinstalling windows to new drive

1. Reinstalling windows to new drive - Similar Threads - Reinstalling drive

2. Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?: I want to remove that hard drive from pc because it is starting to fail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-move-windows-boot-manager-to-another-drive/49d45fc6-2fe3-43fe-961d-0c7e6037786d
  3. Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?: I want to remove that hard drive from pc because it is starting to fail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-move-windows-boot-manager-to-another-drive/49d45fc6-2fe3-43fe-961d-0c7e6037786d
  4. Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found: Hello,My surface pro 6 just refused to log in windows one day. It was not possible to do recovery. i tried to reinstall windows with a bootable USB, however, when it was time to install, i got the 'No device drivers were found' message.I then downloaded RST driver on intel...
  6. Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found

Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found: Hello,My surface pro 6 just refused to log in windows one day. It was not possible to do recovery. i tried to reinstall windows with a bootable USB, however, when it was time to install, i got the 'No device drivers were found' message.I then downloaded RST driver on intel...
  7. Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How to use a bootable USB drive to reinstall Windows 7

How to use a bootable USB drive to reinstall Windows 7: I have a Dell Inspiron N5010. I bought it refurbished with a Windows 10. I wasn't enjoying it because it was lagging. I replaced the windows 10 with a window 7.Last month, I decided to wipe the hard drive and start afresh. I created a bootable USB drive with Rufus using...
  9. How to use a bootable USB drive to reinstall Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use a bootable USB drive to reinstall Windows 7: I have a Dell Inspiron N5010. I bought it refurbished with a Windows 10. I wasn't enjoying it because it was lagging. I replaced the windows 10 with a window 7.Last month, I decided to wipe the hard drive and start afresh. I created a bootable USB drive with Rufus using...
  10. how to recover a cleaned disk drive after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to recover a cleaned disk drive after reinstalling windows: alright so a while ago I was dealing with a issue where I had the blue error loop death screen usually all I needed to do was use a restore point but, this time it wasn't working thats when I tried everything and searched on YouTube found this one video, followed the steps...