Windows 10: Reinstate Sound on compaq presario cq61 on w8

Discus and support Reinstate Sound on compaq presario cq61 on w8 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Our old Laptop Compaq Presario CQ61-222SA 15.6 inch (Intel Pentium Processor T4200, 3 GB 3GB DDR2, 3GB DDR2) Win 8.1 64bit, has lost its Sound. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nichos, Nov 27, 2017.

1. nichos Win User

Reinstate Sound on compaq presario cq61 on w8

Our old Laptop Compaq Presario CQ61-222SA 15.6 inch (Intel Pentium Processor T4200, 3 GB 3GB DDR2, 3GB DDR2) Win 8.1 64bit, has lost its Sound.

I googled the fault & got a lot of info how to solve it, followed all suggestions & troubleshoots to no avail.

The speaker icon on taskbar keeps showing crossed red & when double clicked it shows no volume or mixer.

In control panel says the drivers work fine. I reloaded them but still the same.

Anything can be done, save taking it apart, to fix it?

:)

nichos, Nov 27, 2017
  2. emmyef Win User

USB mass storage not recognizing

HP Compaq, presario cq61

emmyef, Nov 27, 2017
  3. msmiira Win User
    Scroll Bar not working after update to Windows 10

@Babu V

Compaq Presario CQ61

I dont have the installation file, can you provide it?

msmiira, Nov 27, 2017
  4. Reinstate Sound on compaq presario cq61 on w8

Hi nichos.

I did some searching of my own and did not like what I found. In this link 5383 people also reported this problem and it appears there is not a good answer. In this link it suggests picking a different driver. I would try that however from some of the other threads I saw different results were obtained with different drivers.

I would also try downloading the driver right from HP, I saw it on their site for Win 7 64bit. Install and test. This might resolve it and if it does resolve it we have to tell Windows to lay off the updates as it will simply come by later and update it for you.

Have a look at thread and the possibility of using the older vendor driver.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1447c87?auth=1

The link above helped over a 1000 posters. Please post back results.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 27, 2017
Thema:

Reinstate Sound on compaq presario cq61 on w8

1. Reinstate Sound on compaq presario cq61 on w8 - Similar Threads - Reinstate Sound compaq

2. Compaq presario Q56 problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compaq presario Q56 problems: so here is the problem I have a Compaq Presario q56 laptop that has windows 7 and it stays on the orange bootup screen for 40 minutes then it takes me to the boot menu and when i click on startup it loads up then it shuts down can anyone try to help me i used a windows 7...
  3. Compaq presario Q56 problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Compaq presario Q56 problems: so here is the problem I have a Compaq Presario q56 laptop that has windows 7 and it stays on the orange bootup screen for 40 minutes then it takes me to the boot menu and when i click on startup it loads up then it shuts down can anyone try to help me i used a windows 7...
  4. Compaq Presario PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Compaq Presario PC: Hi PC community! I have the Compaq Presario sr5610f with a swapped Hp Compaq dx2450 Mi motherboard, and when I first booted up the Pc it said, NVIDIA Boot Agent 249.0542Copyright C 2001-2005 NVIDIA CorporationCopyright C 1997-2000 Intel CorporationPXE-E61: Media test failure,...
  5. Compaq Presario PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compaq Presario PC: Hi PC community! I have the Compaq Presario sr5610f with a swapped Hp Compaq dx2450 Mi motherboard, and when I first booted up the Pc it said, NVIDIA Boot Agent 249.0542Copyright C 2001-2005 NVIDIA CorporationCopyright C 1997-2000 Intel CorporationPXE-E61: Media test failure,...
  6. Compaq Presario PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Compaq presario CQ61 blank screen issue after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Compaq presario CQ61 blank screen issue after login: Hi, i have a Compaq presario CQ6i have recently updated my windows and when i now i log in to my laptop it just shows black screen after i enter my log in details. What should i do . Please help...
  8. Compaq presario CQ61 blank screen issue after login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Compaq presario CQ61 blank screen issue after login: Hi, i have a Compaq presario CQ6i have recently updated my windows and when i now i log in to my laptop it just shows black screen after i enter my log in details. What should i do . Please help...
  9. compaq Presario CQ56

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    compaq Presario CQ56: How can I find out which version of CQ56 I have? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compaq-presario-cq56/1bc85211-ca7e-4947-9cad-c57110975f89
  10. Compaq CQ61 and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Compaq CQ61 and Windows 10: I have a Compaq CQ61 laptop running Windows 7 (64 bit). I updated the software and installed the latest drivers. I installed Windows 10 version 1809 and it ran well. It would not update to Win 10 version 1903. I tried using the media creators tool and nothing happened. It got...