Windows 10: Relaktek PCIe GBE Family Controller randomly disconnects

Discus and support Relaktek PCIe GBE Family Controller randomly disconnects in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller on my motherboard for ethernet, and it randomly, with no rhyme or reason, disconnects from the network,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jerusalem, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Jerusalem Win User

Relaktek PCIe GBE Family Controller randomly disconnects

I am using a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller on my motherboard for ethernet, and it randomly, with no rhyme or reason, disconnects from the network, at least once every few hours. It works again when I disable and reenable it, but it's extremely aggravating whenever it happens. I've tried using multiple versions of the driver, and I have tried disabling any sort of "Green" and "Energy Efficient" features (including "Advanced EEE"). Nothing has changed what's going on. I'm currently running 10.16.323.2017, but I've also run 10.1.505.2015 and 9.1.406.2015 versions of the driver.

I've also unchecked "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."

:)

Jerusalem, Jun 26, 2017

2. WIndows 10 shows wired connection as limited

Yes, it has a Realtek PCIe GBE family controller

Robert M. Mulder, Jun 26, 2017
  3. Dennis312 Win User
    Get Windows 10 app state that I have "no supported network devices"

Hi !

I use the "Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller" for LAN and "Fritz!WLAN USB Stick v2 and got the same
    compatibility issue. Is it possible that the "Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller" and "Fritz Wlan USB-Sticks" are
    completely incompatible with Windwos 10 ?

Thanks
    for replies,

Dennis

Dennis312, Jun 26, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

What Gateway are you using (model and manufacture)? Also have you tried changing cables between the computer and gateway, different Ethernet Port, remove hardware and driver in Device Manager and let windows load default? Green/Energy needs to be disabled, since it will cause the gateway to not send a new lease for that IP related to the MAC if your computer goes to sleep or you leave it powered off for a long time.

bro67, Jun 27, 2017
  5. Jerusalem Win User
    I'm using an ASUS gateway. I've removed the driver and reinstalled it before. The cable works fine with other hardware --- in fact, all the hardware works perfectly fine under Linux. It's only when running Windows that this problem occurs.

And the Green/Energy-Efficient features have been disabled the whole time, as well as power mangement features. And I've only got one ethernet port on my MSI B350 motherboard.

Jerusalem, Jun 27, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    What is the model of your ASUS gateway? The cable can be culprit with Windows. The Windows drivers are a bit finicky. That is why you have to rule out everything. I would check on the MSI support forum to see if anyone else is having the same issue with that motherboard and Windows 10.

bro67, Jun 27, 2017
  7. Jerusalem Win User
    It's an ASUS RT-AC1200. I've also used a few cables.

Jerusalem, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Relaktek PCIe GBE Family Controller randomly disconnects - Similar Threads - Relaktek PCIe GBE

2. Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller limiting internet speed to 100mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller limiting internet speed to 100mbps: Just to say, bad english cause i am a little stressed, versão portugues do brasil usando mais de um neuronio logo depoisGood morning/day/night, may your day be less frustating than mine In this house we have 2 computers on the same routermine that had internet working...
  3. Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller is reset by tx hang

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller is reset by tx hang: Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller is reset by tx hang. I have this issue when ı play online based games. Its happens sometimes about 2-3 hour and sometimes 15 min. I got latest version of realtek driver also got windows 11 all updates included. I tried changing dns stuff and...
  4. Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller is reset by tx hang

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller is reset by tx hang: Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller is reset by tx hang. I have this issue when ı play online based games. Its happens sometimes about 2-3 hour and sometimes 15 min. I got latest version of realtek driver also got windows 11 all updates included. I tried changing dns stuff and...
  5. Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller - Unidentified Network Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller - Unidentified Network Issue: I have spent a great deal of time over the last few days trying to resolve a problem which prevented me from using the wired connection to my router. I followed all the advice available online which involved updating drivers, resetting IP stack etc etc. I also had two long...
  6. Realtek PCIe Gbe Family Controller, "disconnected" Kernel-PnP error, ID: 411

Realtek PCIe Gbe Family Controller, "disconnected" Kernel-PnP error, ID: 411: Hello, is a while my ethernet cable doesn't work. One day it just stopped working I did nothing strange and I soon gave up on it, because all seemed good, but it was just like the cable was disconnected. Recently i came back to it. I updated to the latest drivers....
  7. Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller

Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller: Device Manager, Network Adapter showing Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller. Ping also ok. But internet not connecting. Troubleshoot says cable is unpluged. Earlier it was working, but to power surge, it is not working. What could be the reason solution for that....
  8. Realtek PCIe Gbe Family controller driver problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek PCIe Gbe Family controller driver problem: Hi! I've a big problem that I had already solved but now... HERE WE GO AGAIN! I've a 1Gbit/s connection and I know that the ethernet cable and modem/routers are ok. The problem is: my LAN card can't reach the maximum speed due to its driver. In fact on linux, I reach...
  9. vLan on Realtek PCIe GBE Family

vLan on Realtek PCIe GBE Family: Looking to set up vLan on my Windows 10 machine so that I can keep my server iLO connection separate from the rest of the network traffic. I open up the network connections and select properties for my Realtek connection. Then hit configure and I should be able to see a vLan...
  10. WOL realtek pcie gbe family controller

WOL realtek pcie gbe family controller: So I want to use wakeup on lan. I have searched google for answers of how to do this. I have done the power options on the ethernet adapter in device manager and went into BIOS to allow WOL (I couldn't find the option). I am using this app called unified remote to wakeup my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek pcie gbe family controller disconnects randomly

2. realtek pcie gbe family controller ethernet random disconnects