Windows 10: Relationship between Windows Store Cache/ Licences and Windows Key

Discus and support Relationship between Windows Store Cache/ Licences and Windows Key in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I may have a slightly strange question here today. Is the Windows Store Cache and or Licences connected to the Windows 10 product key? I'm trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wooohah, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Wooohah Win User

Relationship between Windows Store Cache/ Licences and Windows Key

I may have a slightly strange question here today.
    Is the Windows Store Cache and or Licences connected to the Windows 10 product key?
    I'm trying to find a Microsoft employee who may be able to answer this question, but so far I've got no luck. One of the managers at my local Microsoft store says it "Might be... but I don't know".

On my desktop currently when I run the Windows App Diagnostics, it shows that I have a corrupt Windows Store Cache/ Licences. This has persisted through clean installs, and I have tried different hard drives and updating BIOS.

My Windows Key is a retail version of Windows 10 Home, it was reused from my previous system. My previous system is offline, it is not functional, so i've done nothing wrong there.

The symptoms on my current PC are that whenever I run Microsoft edge, reliability history will show it "Stopped working" even though it seems to function fine, it did not crash.
    Now I've been trying to troubleshoot some stability issues with my current system and I remembered back to when I was troubleshooting my old PC...
    I remember on my old PC I looked at Reliability history and I recalled having seen the Microsoftedge.exe stopped working error in reliability history.

I reused the key from that system, along with an SSD and an HDD. I'm unsure if the issue may have carried over since the Windows Key was somehow tied to the Windows Store or if it was one of my drives.
    Neither of those drives house my Operating system, I got a new Samsung 850 EVO for that. The other SSD just holds games while the HDD holds general files.

Just trying to make sure that if I start replacing parts, issues won't follow me, I'm exploring the possibility of new drives or a new key.

Any insight there would be appreciated!
    Thank you!

:)

Wooohah, Feb 16, 2017

2. widows 10 calendar

Thanks for this Jess

Step 1 App Troubleshooter

After trying to run the app, get message:

• “Windows Sore cache and licences may be corrupt. Resetting Windows Store will resolve cache and licence issues. Would you like to reset now?”

Responded yes to reset

• Message Windows Store Cache may be damaged..............not fixed”

Tried powering off and on, but same symptom.

Any further suggestions?

Many thanks

Peter

PeterMooreBSD, Feb 16, 2017
  3. After win10 anniversary install, ms edge always opens full screen.

Hi Karina,

I have this problem too with Windows 10 Home.

When I tried running the WIndows app troubleshooter, I get the message "Windows Store cache and licences may be corrupt...". When I try to reset and open WIndows Store, as it suggests, I get "Windows Store cache may be damaged."

Can you help?

Jim

XBF675yuTREWQ, Feb 16, 2017
Thema:

Relationship between Windows Store Cache/ Licences and Windows Key

1. Relationship between Windows Store Cache/ Licences and Windows Key - Similar Threads - Relationship between Store

2. About the relationship between Apache Web Server and Windows accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About the relationship between Apache Web Server and Windows accounts: Hi,I'm using Windows 10 Pro and have Apache Web Server installed. And my friends/customers are connecting purely over HTTP.* Question:If my customers are connecting to Apache Web Server via http, are they subject to any access restrictions related to their Windows account?For...
  3. About the relationship between Apache Web Server and Windows accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About the relationship between Apache Web Server and Windows accounts: Hi,I'm using Windows 10 Pro and have Apache Web Server installed. And my friends/customers are connecting purely over HTTP.* Question:If my customers are connecting to Apache Web Server via http, are they subject to any access restrictions related to their Windows account?For...
  4. About the relationship between Apache Web Server and Windows accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows licence key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows licence key: Hi guys,I'm having problems activating my license on the PC. I changed motherboard and CPU, and the key that I have doesn't work because of the hardware change. can I do anything about it?...
  6. Windows licence key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows licence key: Hi guys,I'm having problems activating my license on the PC. I changed motherboard and CPU, and the key that I have doesn't work because of the hardware change. can I do anything about it?...
  7. Windows licence key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Swapping windows licences between computers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Swapping windows licences between computers: Hi, I just got another computer and I would like to transfer the Windows key from my old computer. On the old one, I installed OEM Windows 7 key CD box and upgraded it to Windows 10. Using cmd I checked that my Windows 10 is a retail version, but AIDA64 software showed me...
  9. What is the relationship between Win 10 and the motherboard?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the relationship between Win 10 and the motherboard?: I've read that in order for some folks to access UEFI/BIOS they need to go through a multi-step process in order to have the POST message displayed long to press whatever their "enter BIOS" key is. This implies to me that the OS is at least communicating on some level with...
  10. the trust relationship between this workstation and the domain failed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    the trust relationship between this workstation and the domain failed: I am trying to map to a share on a VMware virtual server and I keep getting the trust relationship between this workstation and the domain failed error message. I have tried every conceivable suggestion on the web to resolve this issue including adding removing the computer...