Windows 10: Relatively new build freezing when i do certain things

Discus and support Relatively new build freezing when i do certain things in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I recently buit a new PC, parts list here: AMD FX-8350, Sapphire Radeon R9 270X, NZXT Guardian 921 RB - System Build - PCPartPicker and it worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FattysFTW, Dec 5, 2015.

1. FattysFTW Win User

Relatively new build freezing when i do certain things

So I recently buit a new PC, parts list here: AMD FX-8350, Sapphire Radeon R9 270X, NZXT Guardian 921 RB - System Build - PCPartPicker

and it worked flawlessly for a while, until a few weeks ago. Now, any time I watch a stream on twitch.tv or a video on youtube, it will freeze. sometimes I get a blue screen, but most of the time it just freezes and I have to hard reset. The only errors I have found are kernel power errors in event viewer, resulting from "unexpected shutdown". I also saw a few that said "Cache hierarchy error", but google results return nothing useful and I have been searching for a fix for a long while. Today it started crashing when I play league, so its a priority to fix now.

I can work around the twitch.tv crash by streaming through VLC.

Feel free to ask for whatever additional info you require, any help is greatly appreciated!

:)

FattysFTW, Dec 5, 2015

2. IE11 Relaibility, Stability and Issue with Saving a New Tab Address and Comments on Edge

Hi,

I am just finding IE 11 unstable on certain websites and conditions. For example when you try to scroll down on certain sites, it keeps lagging / freezing temporarily. Sometimes it also freezes when opening a new page.

The option to use a certain webpage when using a new tab seems to be broken as well.

I just prefer the IE 11 as I find the interface of the Edge bit difficult to read / separate between icons. Could be a design thing.

I remember that these issues also occurred on 32 bit IE 10 on 64 bit machines that I used and selecting the 64 bit version corrected many of these stability issues.

I would like to post this as a feedback to Microsoft / see if there is a solution and also see if everyone else is experiencing similar issues?

Best Regards,

Ves

Ves Akbayir, Dec 5, 2015
  3. hpholm Win User
    maps on 625

Hi ,

We need to sort out the freezes/crashes of the phone before worrying about relatively minor things, like the GPS..?

--

Hans

hpholm, Dec 5, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

axe0, Dec 8, 2015
  5. FattysFTW Win User
    I figured I would need that file, but I couldn't find it. Apparently it defaults to C:\user\...\desktop, when my desktop is on my HDD instead of my C:\ drive which is my SSD. Figured it out, so here it is

FattysFTW, Dec 8, 2015
  6. FattysFTW Win User
    I don't get any errors when running Battlefield 4 or GTA V on ultra, I don't know if that's useful or not. It's ONLY twitch.tv and champion select in league of legends. It's also not instantaneous, it takes a couple minutes of being on twitch to crash, but once it does it will crash instantly unless I wait a while. Likewise for league.

It is finals week at my university so i can't run those tests until this weekend, but I will get around to it.

FattysFTW, Dec 8, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    Anything you notice can be useful *Smile

Unfortunately, using the internet when a crash occurs could have many reasons *Sad

axe0, Dec 8, 2015
  8. FattysFTW Win User

Okay now that I'm home from uni I can put more time into it. It just crashed twice within a few minutes and i'm uploading the log collector immediately following the second crash.

All of the components and cables seem seated and undamaged.

It freezes when I run prime 95 in the same way the others froze. It runs for a few minutes then freezes, and if I reboot and start prime 95 it freezes immediately.

FattysFTW, Dec 12, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    Please try booting in safe mode and see if the problem still persist.
    No stress test is needed, in safe mode we can split the cause to software or the first range hardware (CPU, (intern) hard drive, motherboard, PSU) because these hardware are active in safe mode with only the very minimum loaded.

10. FattysFTW Win User
    Twitch does not appear to make my PC crash in safe mode.

However, running prime 95 and twitch did cause a crash.

FattysFTW, Dec 13, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
  12. FattysFTW Win User
    Attachment 53524
    Here's a pic of the error from that

FattysFTW, Dec 13, 2015
  13. axe0 New Member

Well, just do as it says.
    Make sure no dust is inside the case and the airflow is good, no overclocking.

Have you tried safe mode already?

14. FattysFTW Win User
    It fails just the same in safe mode.
    All of my bios settings are untouched default, except for my memory rate (the default doesn't recognize my ram is 1866)
    My airflow and CPU cooler are working fine, my CPU temp rarely goes over 39C

I was wondering if it might be a BIOS setting that i need to change? I really don't know much about them without putting a lot of time in

FattysFTW, Dec 13, 2015
  15. axe0 New Member
    Since you described no problem occurs when playing a game, it could indeed be a BIOS misconfiguration.
    Unfortunately, I am not familiair with BIOS settings. A laptop only has a few settings and I only own a laptop.
    It is putting a lot of time in it and trying, I don't think I would be able to help with it *Sad

Thema:

1. Relatively new build freezing when i do certain things - Similar Threads - Relatively build freezing

2. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on relatively new build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on relatively new build: I'm experiencing consistent "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" bsods during boot up on Win 11. Fully update bios, windows, manufacturer and gpu drivers. System boots into safe mode successfully though. Asus z790 creator board, RTX 4090, 13900ks cpu, 64gb of RAM. Pulling my...
  3. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on relatively new build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on relatively new build: I'm experiencing consistent "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" bsods during boot up on Win 11. Fully update bios, windows, manufacturer and gpu drivers. System boots into safe mode successfully though. Asus z790 creator board, RTX 4090, 13900ks cpu, 64gb of RAM. Pulling my...
  4. New build freezing

in Windows 10 Support
    New build freezing: Within the past month, I put together a new desktop with the following components: CPU - Intel i7 10700K Mobo: Asus Prime B460M-A Ram: Corsair Vengence LPX DDR4 (2 x 8Gb) SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus The power supply and everything else was from previous build. On two occasions,...
  5. All usb devices flicker on and off when doing certain things

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All usb devices flicker on and off when doing certain things: I recently built this computer and it has been happening the entire time. What will happen is if I do certain things, all usb devices will turn on off and repeatedly. This is everything from keyboard/mouse to rgb on my fans. The most common time this will happen is when I...
  6. Code 0x80072F8F Unable to do certain things

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Code 0x80072F8F Unable to do certain things: I have recently changed the date and time settings on my computer and since then, I have been unable to download or update apps on my computer through the Microsoft Store, and I have been unable to check for updates on my computer because of Error Code 0x80072F8F. I have...
  7. certain keys are doing random things

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    certain keys are doing random things: my right arrow key keeps tying in random things, my numpad #1 keeps exiting me out of everything even when I hold FN when pressing it . Ive tried reinstalling the keyboard driver, troubleshooting everything and nothing seems to fix it. I have also updated my computer to the...
  8. PC Keeps Freezing When Trying to Install certain things or freezes on its own within a few...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Keeps Freezing When Trying to Install certain things or freezes on its own within a few...: So I just changed my motherboard, cpu, and ram from my pc, and my hard drive and nvme are both empty. But when I try to install windows updates, gpu drivers, steam, or other things my pc just freezes completely and I have to restart it every single time. I do not understand...
  9. I cannot do certain things on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot do certain things on my PC: I own an Acer laptop and it was slowed down because my brother downloading everything he could so I deleted the 4 accounts that were on it as well as deleted random stuff on the files then I created a new account. When I click the Start Menu it does nothing using my mouse or...
  10. Screen sometimes goes black when doing certain things

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen sometimes goes black when doing certain things: I had to reinstall Windows 10 a little while ago, and since I did, there have been some oddities involving black screens.I installed Windows 10 from a flash drive, which worked fine. Then I immediately tried to install the Creators update. On the installation screen after...