Windows 10: Reliability History Hardware Error Unknown Cause

Discus and support Reliability History Hardware Error Unknown Cause in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. Just wondering if anyone can let me know what this error message indicates on Reliability History. It occurred as soon as I started my PC (didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AntJac, Nov 4, 2016.

1. AntJac Win User

Reliability History Hardware Error Unknown Cause

Hi. Just wondering if anyone can let me know what this error message indicates on Reliability History. It occurred as soon as I started my PC (didn't get any error message or BSOD on start up). I only noticed it in Reliability History. The error is:

lkd_leaked_session_pooltag_rshd_rspp_rkev

Seems like everything is working fine on my PC and a restart never duplicated the issue.so I'm a bit perplexed!

Many thanks

:)

AntJac, Nov 4, 2016

2. Hardware error in "View reliability history"

I also followed the instruction to uninstall the drivers and update them. Still the same.

MingzhiLin, Nov 4, 2016
  3. Hardware error in "View reliability history"

Hi Mingzhi,

Thank you for posting back.

• When do you get this error exactly?
    • What happens when you click on Check for a solution?

Also refer the following thread answered by one of the
    Community Moderator,
    SpiritX MS MVP on November 22, 2009 to a similar issue.

A problem with your video hardware (Video hardware error) caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Nov 4, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Not much info on this error online. Code first showed up six days ago, and is reported exactly once in English (by you), German and Spanish. So far, nothing useful on this other than that it's a "live kernel event," which indicates it might be an internal OS issue. Solution TBD (to be determined) as far as I can tell.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Nov 4, 2016
  5. AntJac Win User
    Thank you ever so much for the quick reply Sir.

I take it a live kernel event is related to how windows runs and not related to outdated drivers etc?

AntJac, Nov 4, 2016
  6. AntJac Win User
    Also just looked on my dad's AIO PC and the same error message appeared on his a few days ago and a similar looking one appeared yesterday all on Reliability History. It must be something embedded into Windows during an update

AntJac, Nov 4, 2016
  7. EdTittel Win User
    It seems to be a transient error with no documented pathologies. Unless it starts popping up regularly and appears in tandem with other system problems, it's just "one of those things' that makes us all love Windows so very, very much. *Redface
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Nov 5, 2016
  8. Yorky Win User

Hi Ed, I too am having a similar warning of 'Hardware Error' which first appeared on November 1st then again on 5th/6th and today 7th.It appears only in Reliability Monitor as:A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.
    However there is no visible evidence of any problem on Booting Up or on using the computer. Since updating to Windows 10 from W8.1 shortly after it's introduction my boot-up time is some 40 seconds (very acceptable) and still remains the same today
    From your answer to the initial question raised in this thread can I assume you believe my 'problem' to be of the same category?
    Thank you, .
    Details as follows: Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Code: ab
    Parameter 1: 1
    Parameter 2: 350
    Parameter 3: e80
    Parameter 4: 600000005
    OS version: 10_0_14393
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1
    OS Version: 10.0.14393.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 2057

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
    win32k.sys-20161105-1437.dmp
    sysdata.xml
    WERInternalMetadata.xml

Reliability History Hardware Error Unknown Cause [​IMG]
    View a temporary copy of these files
    Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a copy of the files could harm your computer.

Yorky, Nov 6, 2016
  9. johnpd Win User
    I believe I received something like that when I had an issue plugging in a Flash or other external USB drive.

JohnD

johnpd, Nov 6, 2016
  10. bro67 Win User
    Can anyone that has that in their Dump Log use Who Crashed from Piriform and post the results.

If it is the Insider version of 10, it could be from ongoing changes. If it is across the board with the AU, then Microsoft needs to be informed and fix the problem.

bro67, Nov 6, 2016
  11. EdTittel Win User
    Good point, bro67. I don't have this in my Reliability Monitor logs on any of my 8 machines. We'll need more input from somebody else who's seen this error. Just went and checked online, and more people are reporting it lately (7 total now, up from 3): https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...rshd_rspp_rkev
    Thanks,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Nov 7, 2016
  12. bro67 Win User
    AU is really showing its colors when it comes to puking up more errors than a group of drunks on a Roller Coaster. There are plenty of hits from those getting it from when they run games. WHQL is crashing, of course the NVidia users are really getting hit with this problem.

I get a feeling that people are going to have to lose AU and go back to the previous build, since there was hardly any problems left with that when they decided to push out AU as an unfinished Beta.

No wonder why everyone is starting to go back to Windows 7. A lot more stable and you are not dealing with someone who gets a burr up you know where and feels that the program should be broken and disguised as being fixed.

bro67, Nov 7, 2016
  13. johnpd Win User

I have been keeping track of my Reliability History on my laptop since I got it last December. I have over 30 "Hardware errors" listed, but none in the past month so I can't dig up the details on them as the history is only maintained for about a month. I cannot find anything in the Event Logs at the time the latest two occurred. All logs before those are lost as the Anniversary Update wiped them.

JohnD

johnpd, Nov 7, 2016
  14. Yorky Win User
    Further to my previous 'post' I can report that the same incident occurred again today.
    In addition it is also appearing exactly the same in my neighbours month old Laptop.
    Neither of us are on 'Insiders Program' also we do not use the computer for games.
    From that I can only assume the Fault reported in the Reliability Monitor must have something to do with a recent update and not our individual computers?

Yorky, Nov 7, 2016
  15. johnpd Win User
    Ok, I might have found what is going on. I found a bunch of dumps (approximately 28) in the "C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG" folder. I opened them with Nirsoft's BlueScreenView. They all point to igdkmd64.sys, Intel's Graphics driver. I have a Dell laptop that has the onboard Intel graphics video chip as well as a NVIDIA graphics card. Normally it will use the Intel video chip to display graphics. I have been having many problems with that Intel driver causing it to stop then restart especially after the first several months I had my computer. I have not noticed any issue recently. Download the Nirsoft utility (BlueScreenView) and point it to that folder and see what it comes up with. If you have an Intel based laptop or a desktop without an additional video card, that might be what is going on otherwise it should give you some indication of what is failing.

JohnD

johnpd, Nov 7, 2016
Thema:

1. Reliability History Hardware Error Unknown Cause - Similar Threads - Reliability History Hardware

2. Hardware error in reliability history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware error in reliability history: Can anyone tell me about this? It is in a report by the Windows 11 "Reliability Monitor." There were no symptoms that I recall. I was just looking at the Reliability Monitor out of curiosity....
  3. Hardware error in reliability history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware error in reliability history: Can anyone tell me about this? It is in a report by the Windows 11 "Reliability Monitor." There were no symptoms that I recall. I was just looking at the Reliability Monitor out of curiosity....
  4. Is there way to Identify which hardware causes Hardware Error under Reliability History?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there way to Identify which hardware causes Hardware Error under Reliability History?: Hello.I finally eliminate the BSOD issue I've been experiencing for weeks but I keep noticing this error under Reliability History from the Security and Maintenance page. No more BSOD but I'm still not sure if my pc is finally fixed.I'm not sure which causes it but is there a...
  5. Is there way to Identify which hardware causes Hardware Error under Reliability History?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there way to Identify which hardware causes Hardware Error under Reliability History?: Hello.I finally eliminate the BSOD issue I've been experiencing for weeks but I keep noticing this error under Reliability History from the Security and Maintenance page. No more BSOD but I'm still not sure if my pc is finally fixed.I'm not sure which causes it but is there a...
  6. Reliability History: Hardware Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reliability History: Hardware Error: My first time postingRecently, whenever I run a high power application on my gpuGaming - the application will crash and I'll receive a critical event error in my reliability history. Specifically, the app wont always crash on startup but sometimes I'll be able to play for a...
  7. Reliability History: Hardware Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reliability History: Hardware Error: My first time postingRecently, whenever I run a high power application on my gpuGaming - the application will crash and I'll receive a critical event error in my reliability history. Specifically, the app wont always crash on startup but sometimes I'll be able to play for a...
  8. Reliability History: Hardware Error

9. Hardware Error in reliability history.

Hardware Error in reliability history.: So I recently did a clean install of windows 10 due to my PC crash several times, however I got this issued recently but I don't know where to start looking for the issue. Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 144 Parameter 1: 3003 Parameter 2: ffffb0873beaa6b0...
  10. Hardware error in reliability history

Hardware error in reliability history: Hi there I have been getting a hardware error alot recently, I did a fresh install, wiped the drive and it's still showing up. If anyone could help I would much appreciate it let me know if you need more info. Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 141 Parameter 1:...