Windows 10: Reliability Monitor: Cortana - Stopped working

Discus and support Reliability Monitor: Cortana - Stopped working in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have upgraded to Windows 10 first my laptop and, more recently, my desktop. I use Reliability Monitor daily. Three days into Windows 10, Reliability... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Bob Hawkins, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Reliability Monitor: Cortana - Stopped working

I have upgraded to Windows 10 first my laptop and, more recently, my desktop. I use Reliability Monitor daily. Three days into Windows 10, Reliability Monitor on my desktop reported an application failure yesterday: "Cortana - stopped working". There are two further such reports today within a minute of one another. My laptop has not reported this event so far. Everything in Windows+S>Settings is set to off on both machines - I do not want Cortana. Settings>Privacy is set to much the same on both machines, except in Speech, inking and typing. I see that my desktop is set to "Get to know me" and my laptop is set to "Stop getting to know me". I wonder if any other users have advice to overcome my issue in this minefield of settings that Windows 10 offers.

:)

Bob Hawkins, Jul 8, 2016

2. Cortana&Voice runtime engine stopped working

Today,I ran into:''Cortana&Voice runtime engine stopped working'' on my reliability monitor.

Any fix so far?

It's causing Start Menu & other services like taskbar temporary stop.

Freezes like downside.

Reliability Monitor: Cortana - Stopped working [​IMG]

Mihai-Daniel, Jul 8, 2016
  3. SH2159 Win User
    Com Surrogate Stopped Working - Reliability Monitor

Thank you for suggesting the Clean Boot. I tried a few things with that but the issue still occurs. I might have to dig a little deeper to isolate the problem. It seems like it could be caused by many different things. Like I said, I don't have any
    pop ups or programs not working correctly. It's when I look at the Reliability Monitor there will be at least 100 or more Com Surrogate messages per day and they all have the same technical details. I've tried the Data Execution Prevention, Command Prompt
    with various scripts, I've run virus and malware (even though I don't think it's a virus issue), rolled back my graphics driver - nothing seems to resolve the issue. Anyway, thanks again and I'll keep working on it.

SH2159, Jul 8, 2016
  4. Allison Win User

Reliability Monitor: Cortana - Stopped working

Shameless bump? I've just started getting this after the most recent update and it spams my Reliability monitor without any sign of problems. It's like a constant version of 'Host Process for Windows' that instead of showing up every few weeks for no reason, spams me every day.

Allison, Jul 13, 2016
Thema:

Reliability Monitor: Cortana - Stopped working

1. Reliability Monitor: Cortana - Stopped working - Similar Threads - Reliability Monitor Cortana

2. Reliability Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reliability Monitor: Why new version of Windows 10 I am currently on Windows 10 v21H1 Build 19043.1023 removed the Reliability Analysis Component task from Task Scheduler Library... which keeps record of every critical events and informational events?...
  3. Reliability Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reliability Monitor: Why new version of Windows 10 I am currently on Windows 10 v21H1 Build 19043.1023 removed the Reliability Analysis Component task from Task Scheduler Library... which keeps record of every critical events and informational events?...
  4. Reliability Monitor not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reliability Monitor not working properly: Today I am experiencing a weird problem in which reliability monitor is showing errors, warnings which is fine but not showing the informational events which has occurred during the timeline.I am attaching the screenshot for this matter.Help me to fix this problem....
  5. Reliability Monitor

Reliability Monitor: I've noticed that the Reliability Monitor has been acting a bit weird. For one thing, it takes longer than it used to to show the results. Not a long time by any means, but definitely a bit of a longer wait. The strange part is that critical errors such as Hardware Errors...
  6. Reliability monitor

Reliability monitor: Reliability monitor shows unsuccessful application installation every 15 minutes Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Core. Product Version: 1.1.226. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Webroot. Installation success or error status: 1603...
  7. My Reliability Monitor reports that IAStorDataSvc stopped working and exception code...

My Reliability Monitor reports that IAStorDataSvc stopped working and exception code...: The computer is slowing down on startup and I get dos type windows flashing on and off on startup. When using Excel the icons sometimes flash on and off when I edit a spread sheet. I have updated Office via Microsoft to latest, it is 2013 and has been no problem previously....
  8. Reliability Monitor stopped working in Windows 10

Reliability Monitor stopped working in Windows 10: I have an HP Probook 450 G3 normal configuration. Intel Core i5-6200U CPU @ 2.3 GHz 2.4 GHz 12.0 GB DDR4 memory SATA SSD 930 GB Ethernet connection. The version was installed on 09/21/2019 and the reliability monitor worked perfectly until yesterday. All the information...
  9. Reliability monitor, is it working?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reliability monitor, is it working?: I had never heard of the Reliability monitor till today. I open mine but I don't know enough about it to tell if its working or not. It opens immediately when I click to open it and don't seem to be generating anything. At the top right corner above the graph, it says it was...
  10. Reliability Monitor and Search/Cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    Reliability Monitor and Search/Cortana: The search function is totally bereft of useful functionality. Really. If I type "Reli" in the search window, a menu pops open above it. The topmost menu item is a gear symbol (the settings wheel thingie) and the words "View Reliability History" and "Control Panel" beneath...