Windows 10: Reliability monitor, is it working?

Discus and support Reliability monitor, is it working? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I had never heard of the Reliability monitor till today. I open mine but I don't know enough about it to tell if its working or not. It opens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by bo elam, Aug 25, 2017.

1. bo elam Win User

Reliability monitor, is it working?

I had never heard of the Reliability monitor till today. I open mine but I don't know enough about it to tell if its working or not. It opens immediately when I click to open it and don't seem to be generating anything. At the top right corner above the graph, it says it was updated today at 3PM.

Reliability monitor, is it working? [​IMG]

Can someone please confirm if the monitor is indeed working or not. I looked around to see if I have to click something to make it work but I don't see anything.

Bo

:)

bo elam, Aug 25, 2017

2. Reliability Monitor

With regard to this problem. I noticed that when I logged on to my local administrator account

Windows Error Service was "running" but when I logged on to my Microsoft Account the service

was "stopped". Could this be the problem?

Joe Masaro, Aug 25, 2017
  3. Reliability monitor

Screen shot of daily monitor windows re-configures every restart or boot up of laptop

JPickett60, Aug 25, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

To test if it's working, open Defender and manually check for definition updates, it's bound to find one and download it. When it has finished installing the definitions update open Reliability Monitor, there should now be an information entry for today saying 'Definition Update for Windows Defender...'

5. bo elam Win User
    Bree, thanks for the response. I have WD turned off. But I am turning it on once every couple of weeks to maintain the program, and to make sure all is well with it. When I turn it back on, I reboot afterward, let it run for a couple hours and then turn it back off again, and reboot. So, I really dont want to do it tonight. Last time I turned WD on, was on the the 19th, it updated just fine. The 19th of August appears in the screen that I posted but nothing shows about that update. I opened the monitor a few times today, the timing for last time the monitor updated keeps moving.

Bo

bo elam, Aug 25, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Apart from crashes, almost all reports in Reliability Monitor should be information about successful (or otherwise) updates.

If you updated Defender on 19th August and it doesn't show on your screen, then it would appear that the reliability history isn't being recorded. Have you disabled various services to avoid Windows being updated? If so you may have disabled one needed for maintaining the reliability history.

7. 91fw Win User
    Bo, would Sandboxie interfere for you?
    Besides WD, reliability shows explorer minicrashes ("Stopped working") but that's infrequent.
    Try to update some safe driver - installation will show up (printer, mouse...)
    Try to plug in a USB external drive that Win10 hasn't seen yet - it'll load a driver and should be in reliability.
    Try to plug in a camera if you have one, that should show up as well.

8. Reliability monitor, is it working?

Cleaning software might remove the history, then it shows as clean.

Like CCleaner - System - cleaning Windows Error Reporting.

TairikuOkami, Aug 25, 2017
  9. bo elam Win User
    No, I haven't disabled any service whatsoever.

I dont tick the option to clean Windows Error Reporting in CCleaner but every 2 or 3 days I delete Events in Events log. Can this be reason as to why I dont see the WD update done on the 19th in the monitor?

No, Sandboxie doesn't interfere with Windows tracking and keeping records and logs of the programs that run in the sandbox.
    Sandboxie - Privacy Concerns

Thanks to all for the replies. I ll test plugin an external mouse that I haven't used in my W10, if doing it is not reflected in the Reliability monitor, I ll enable WD, and update it to see what happens.

Bo

bo elam, Aug 25, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    Ah, yes - that would do it.

Here's my test machine's Reliability Report before...

Clearing the Application log removed the install/uninstall entries. Clearing the System log removed the rest, which were mostly Defender updates.

11. bo elam Win User
    Thanks, Bree. For testing, I am going to turn On Windows defender and come back later with the result. *Smile

Bo

bo elam, Aug 26, 2017
  12. bo elam Win User
    Yes, the monitor is working properly. After Windows defender updated, ithe update appears in the monitor.

Thank you all.

Bo

bo elam, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Reliability monitor, is it working? - Similar Threads - Reliability monitor working

2. Reliability Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reliability Monitor: Why new version of Windows 10 I am currently on Windows 10 v21H1 Build 19043.1023 removed the Reliability Analysis Component task from Task Scheduler Library... which keeps record of every critical events and informational events?...
  3. Reliability Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reliability Monitor: Why new version of Windows 10 I am currently on Windows 10 v21H1 Build 19043.1023 removed the Reliability Analysis Component task from Task Scheduler Library... which keeps record of every critical events and informational events?...
  4. Reliability Monitor not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reliability Monitor not working properly: Today I am experiencing a weird problem in which reliability monitor is showing errors, warnings which is fine but not showing the informational events which has occurred during the timeline.I am attaching the screenshot for this matter.Help me to fix this problem....
  5. Reliability Monitor

Reliability Monitor: I've noticed that the Reliability Monitor has been acting a bit weird. For one thing, it takes longer than it used to to show the results. Not a long time by any means, but definitely a bit of a longer wait. The strange part is that critical errors such as Hardware Errors...
  6. Reliability monitor

Reliability monitor: Reliability monitor shows unsuccessful application installation every 15 minutes Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Core. Product Version: 1.1.226. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Webroot. Installation success or error status: 1603...
  7. Reliability Monitor is blank

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reliability Monitor is blank: I check Security and Maintenance\Reliability Monitor every so often but recently it has completely stopped showing reports/events. It used to show minor app crashes and events like Windows Defender updates but now shows nothing. I cleared "reported problems" hoping it would...
  8. Reliability Monitor corrupted ?

Reliability Monitor corrupted ?: Hello, For several weeks, the reliability monitor of Windows 10 ( Version 1909 ( 18363.815 ), 64 bits ) no longer shows me any information ( Critical errors, warnings, Windows Update updates ) outside the horizontal graph line ( Daily score from 0 to 10 ). The window is...
  9. Reliability Monitor Questions

Reliability Monitor Questions: Hi, and thanks for taking the time to look over my question. My question is about the Reliability Monitor. First, I am not showing any entries at all. Not even any blue update notifications, which have been there in the past. Is there any reason these entries are no...
  10. Reliability Monitor: Cortana - Stopped working

Reliability Monitor: Cortana - Stopped working: I have upgraded to Windows 10 first my laptop and, more recently, my desktop. I use Reliability Monitor daily. Three days into Windows 10, Reliability Monitor on my desktop reported an application failure yesterday: "Cortana - stopped working". There are two further such...