Windows 10: Reload 10 or not?

Discus and support Reload 10 or not? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I currently run W10 build 9879 on two computers, one gets used quite a lot more than the other. The favoured one has 41 successful updates and 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by tinmar49, Jan 10, 2015.

1. tinmar49 Win User

Reload 10 or not?

I currently run W10 build 9879 on two computers, one gets used quite a lot more than the other. The favoured one has 41 successful updates and 3 failures to date and the other one has had 11 ok and 15 fails. At the moment I can't seem to get the five outstanding updates to download, either singly or together. Would a fresh reload be the best course of action? I could wait for the next build to arrive first.

:)

tinmar49, Jan 10, 2015
  2. Babu V Win User

twindows 10 problems, can I reload or dosystem restore

Hi Linda,

You may refer to the following suggestions and check if they fix the issue.

Start your computer in safe mode with networking and perform a scan using Windows Defender.

Refer this link to start the computer in safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/changing-the-start-up-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Restart the computer in normal mode and check if the issue is resolved.

If virus is not removed even after the virus scan, please start your computer in
    safe mode with networking and try to perform system restore to a previous working date.

Hope this helps.

Babu V, Jan 10, 2015
  3. 149quay Win User
    twindows 10 problems, can I reload or dosystem restore

windows 10 d/load brought malware, i tried to "whiteline" over 4 days but the malware is still showing in EDge How can I do system restore, m/soft wants admin rights, surely there is another way to do system restore to avoid tiresome bumf?

149quay, Jan 10, 2015
  4. Reload 10 or not?

My recommendation would be to wait for the next release. It's only a few weeks away and might have better luck with the updates. Or you might have to solve the problem all over again if it exists in that build.

You call though.

Slartybart, Jan 10, 2015
  5. tinmar49 Win User
    Yes, waiting a couple of weeks or until a new iso comes out may save me a lot of bother.

tinmar49, Jan 11, 2015
  6. ThrashZone, Jan 11, 2015
  7. tinmar49 Win User
    Since I don't have any media at present having started with the original build, I think that I'll wait until the iso for the forthcoming build is available. The good example will suffice, and my 8.1 and W7.

tinmar49, Jan 12, 2015
  8. Reload 10 or not?

Hi,
    Yep that would be a problem *Wink
    Cheers.

ThrashZone, Jan 12, 2015
  9. tinmar49 Win User
    I tried the update again today, 5 required. About an hour later I checked the screen and it said that Windows is up to date. Checking update history, last update KB3025390 ( IE11 ) was installed on 31st December.

tinmar49, Jan 12, 2015
  10. tinmar49 Win User
    Ignor my last post, a senior moment caused me to switch to W7 and I was looking at the wrong updates. Back on W10 the updates failed.

tinmar49, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Reload 10 or not?

1. Reload 10 or not? - Similar Threads - Reload

2. After reloading win11, MS account PW is rejected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After reloading win11, MS account PW is rejected: While reloading win 11 from an ISO download, it asked for MS account PW as part to the new install. This PC had two factor identification. The PW was good and working up until the new install, so why is it not accepting the PW now? So, I selected "forgot PW" and then it was...
  3. After reloading win11, MS account PW is rejected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After reloading win11, MS account PW is rejected: While reloading win 11 from an ISO download, it asked for MS account PW as part to the new install. This PC had two factor identification. The PW was good and working up until the new install, so why is it not accepting the PW now? So, I selected "forgot PW" and then it was...
  4. windows 10 reload

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 reload: Computer crashed, reloaded windows 10, now icons, background, pictures, etc. look off. The resolution isn't clear like before. Somethings look sort of stretched. Checked resolution in settings it's at the recommended, tried to fix it in display and view, and personalization...
  5. Can you activate windows 10 professional upgrade after reloading windows on the same machine?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you activate windows 10 professional upgrade after reloading windows on the same machine?: For context, my customer purchased and activated a Windows 10 professional upgrade sometime ago. We still have the receipt information to locate the purchase. However, last month they were hit with a ransomware attack. We've replaced the original hard drive with an SSD with a...
  6. Can you activate windows 10 professional upgrade after reloading windows on the same machine?

Can you activate windows 10 professional upgrade after reloading windows on the same machine?: For context, my customer purchased and activated a Windows 10 professional upgrade sometime ago. We still have the receipt information to locate the purchase. However, last month they were hit with a ransomware attack. We've replaced the original hard drive with an SSD with a...
  7. Can you activate windows 10 professional upgrade after reloading windows on the same machine?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Reloaded Windows 11 on Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reloaded Windows 11 on Laptop: I Winndows 11 Pro.I wiped dell laptop and reloaded Win11.I'm getting this message now. "That username looks like it belongs to another organization. Try signing in again or start over with a different account."...
  9. Reloaded Windows 11 on Laptop

Reloaded Windows 11 on Laptop: I Winndows 11 Pro.I wiped dell laptop and reloaded Win11.I'm getting this message now. "That username looks like it belongs to another organization. Try signing in again or start over with a different account."...
  10. How do I reload Seekers Notes with my previous ID?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reload Seekers Notes with my previous ID?: How do I reload Seekers Notes with my previous ID? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reload-seekers-notes-with-my-previous-id/8acd7558-6fa3-479e-919d-f6148bc586da