Windows 10: Remapping key FROM REGISTRY

Discus and support Remapping key FROM REGISTRY in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My 'delete' key doesn't work anymore. I'd like to remap it to the 'insert' key. I've tried EVERY. SINGLE. Third party program. I've tried Microsoft's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SamuelAbrams, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Remapping key FROM REGISTRY

My 'delete' key doesn't work anymore. I'd like to remap it to the 'insert' key. I've tried EVERY. SINGLE. Third party program. I've tried Microsoft's program for remapping. None have worked.

I want to go straight through the registry so I can do ctrl-alt-del. I haven't found a single post detailing how to do so. If someone could direct me to such instructions or give them to me here I'd be forever grateful.

:)

SamuelAbrams, Jul 13, 2018
  2. ParaishM Win User

Remapping the detach key

Many thanks for your reply - I have already used this app, but it appears to not support remapping the
    SURFACE DETACH key, which is specific to the Microsoft Surface Book. It would be helpful if someone knows the the registry scancode is for the detach key, or if someone can provide specific instructions into remapping the surface
    detach
    key.

Thanks again,

Paraish

ParaishM, Jul 13, 2018
  3. ParaishM Win User
    Remapping the detach key

Hello,

My physical detach key (on the keyboard) no longer works. After extensive troubleshooting and a visit to the microsoft store, it was determined that the issue is a problem with the actual key (i.e. hardware problem, not software problem). The detach key
    is not essential but it is practical, and I would like to remap it to replace another key if possible by editing the registry. However, I am unable to find the scancode for the detach key.

Is it possible to remap the physical detach key to another key (e.g. the "menu" button)?

Many thanks in advance.

ParaishM, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Remapping key FROM REGISTRY

Andre Da Costa, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

Remapping key FROM REGISTRY

1. Remapping key FROM REGISTRY - Similar Threads - Remapping key REGISTRY

2. How to remap keys on wireless keyboard with windows registry in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remap keys on wireless keyboard with windows registry in windows 10: My 'right shift' key on my wireless keyboard is not situated on proper place. I'd like to remap 'right shift' key to the 'print screen' key and 'print screen' key to the 'right shift' key. I haven't found a single post detailing how to do so. If someone could direct me to...
  3. How to remap keys on wireless keyboard with windows registry in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remap keys on wireless keyboard with windows registry in windows 10: My 'right shift' key on my wireless keyboard is not situated on proper place. I'd like to remap 'right shift' key to the 'print screen' key and 'print screen' key to the 'right shift' key. I haven't found a single post detailing how to do so. If someone could direct me to...
  4. Remap a key to be "functionless"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remap a key to be "functionless": I'd like to remap my function keys (F1-F12, not fn) to be "functionless". What I mean by that is, I'd like them to be buttons that other apps will pick up, but that don't perform any action in Windows by default. Ideally I could then map them to anything I'd like in...
  5. Remapping keyboard keys

Remapping keyboard keys: Hi! I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not (please let me know if there's a better sub), but I 'm trying to remap one of the keys on my keyboard since it doesn't seem to be working properly. Basically, I found a keyboard that someone had tossed out and I...
  6. Function keys remap?

Function keys remap?: For example, my F1 button brings up a window with how to get PC help, is it possible to remove that? submitted by /u/Bill_Cipher42 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g1ssm6/function_keys_remap/
  7. Accidentally remapped keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accidentally remapped keys: A few hours ago, I somehow managed to accidentally remap a few of my keys. For example, my escape key has been remapped to "1". I have no idea how I managed to do this, it occurred when I was randomly typing on my keyboard....
  8. registry key remapping doesn't work in all apps anymore

registry key remapping doesn't work in all apps anymore: For years, I've used registry key remapping via SharpKeys to remap caps-lock to control. However, for some reason this no longer works properly in all applications. In particular league-of-legends. 1 I remap caps-lock to control with sharp keys 2 I verify caps-lock is...
  9. Remapping keyboard keys

Remapping keyboard keys: I am using a virtual desktop software (Team viewer) to control my pc from my mac. i would like to know whether it is possible to remap keyboard keys on the windows side, specifically the apple CMD key to the windows control key. thanks....
  10. Remapping & Disabling keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remapping & Disabling keys: Hi! I am new to Windows (been a Mac for ever). I am afraid of messing up my system. I really need to disable the Home button. It is next to my backspace button and I keep hitting it. needless to say, AARRGGHH.*Confused I see that there are apps that claim to remap the keys....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows remap key using Registry

2. windows key remapping registry

3. remap a button in windows registry