Windows 10: Remember volume level per program?

Discus and support Remember volume level per program? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ear trumpet comes close but is there anything that can remember volume level per application? 51913 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ZippyDSMlee, May 30, 2016.

1. Remember volume level per program?

Ear trumpet comes close but is there anything that can remember volume level per application?

:)

ZippyDSMlee, May 30, 2016

2. Memory of the last played volume level per audio device

No, there are no Error Messages.

There is no problem in the actual Audio Playback.

There is nothing the troubleshooter can solve as there is no problem with the audio.

The latest driver has been installed as mentioned in the initial post.

Maybe instead of just replying with the same cookie cutter answer you copy and paste into every reply and actually reading the query you might...

Sorry, I got a bit carried away...

JasonSteven, May 30, 2016
  3. Memory of the last played volume level per audio device

Hi Jason,

Thank you for being part of the Windows 10 family.

Sorry to know that you are facing issues with the Windows 10.

In order to help you better, please provide the information:

Are you getting any error message?

If the issues still persist, refer to the below method.

Refer to the below method and check if it helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to run the
    Playing Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

1. Tap on Windows Key and click on search bar.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on Troubleshooting.

3. Then click on View All on the left panel of the Screen.

4. Click on Playing Audio.

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

If the issues still persist, refer to the below Method

Method 2: I would suggest you to update the latest driver for network adapter and human interface device under Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key

3. Expand Audio inputs and outputs.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Properties. Check the status of the driver.

5. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, May 30, 2016
  4. AndreTen Win User

Remember volume level per program?

Volume mixer won't do for you, I guess?

AndreTen, May 30, 2016
  5. Ya manually each time I open a program. Which is annoying.

ZippyDSMlee, May 30, 2016
  6. AndreTen Win User
    It remembers volume per application for me.

Edit: just checked, and yes it stays put.

AndreTen, May 30, 2016
  7. It randomly works, it never seems to work on Firefox or PCSX2 tho, not matter how I close them it never saves volume info.
    ---
    Works with MPC64,Dolphin,mVGBA,Dark Souls,ect but not firefox and PCSX2 I guess it uses a non standard audio mechanism ,I know where it saves the info in the registry but even if I reset that it never seems to work for Firefox and PCSX2.

ZippyDSMlee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Remember volume level per program?

1. Remember volume level per program? - Similar Threads - Remember volume level

2. Windows 11 Volume Mixer not remembering sound levels for "SYSTEM SOUNDS"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Volume Mixer not remembering sound levels for "SYSTEM SOUNDS": Brand new Windows 11 installation. Everything is up to date. Realtek Audio console is also installed.I'm experiencing the same issue as here:...
  3. Windows 11 Volume Mixer not remembering sound levels for "SYSTEM SOUNDS"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Volume Mixer not remembering sound levels for "SYSTEM SOUNDS": Brand new Windows 11 installation. Everything is up to date. Realtek Audio console is also installed.I'm experiencing the same issue as here:...
  4. Windows 11 Volume Mixer not remembering sound levels for "SYSTEM SOUNDS"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Volume Mixer not remembering sound levels for "SYSTEM SOUNDS": Windows 11 Volume Mixer not remembering sound level for System Sounds. I usually set the 'System Sounds' volume level to 5% because I find them annoying but they reset itself to 100% after a restart or randomly while using the PC. I've seen other reports of this exact same...
  5. Windows 11 Volume Mixer not remembering sound levels..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Volume Mixer not remembering sound levels..: Anybody know how to fix this?I have to turn System Sounds down really low about 10% because of the way my system is set up with other volume levels. Otherwise system sounds are really, really, loud. It literally hurts my ears, and rattles my speakers!So, I'll set the System...
  6. Windows 11 Volume Mixer not remembering sound levels..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Volume Mixer not remembering sound levels..: Anybody know how to fix this?I have to turn System Sounds down really low about 10% because of the way my system is set up with other volume levels. Otherwise system sounds are really, really, loud. It literally hurts my ears, and rattles my speakers!So, I'll set the System...
  7. App volume and device preferences doesn't remember device per App

in Windows 10 Customization
    App volume and device preferences doesn't remember device per App: Hi, I've got a little problem with audio in Win10 19042.906. The "App volume and device preferences" doesn't remember the Audio output device for the Application. Although it shows in the settings that the output is Set as I select, the Output is the same as the Default...
  8. volume levels

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    volume levels: hey, I have a new laptop asus zenbook with windows 10. whenever I unplug my headphones and then plug them back it resets my volume level to 100%. in my previous laptop also windows 10 it would remember my volume level let's say 50%. How do I fix it so it will remember my...
  9. Build 1909 not remembering volume levels in the Volume Mixer

Build 1909 not remembering volume levels in the Volume Mixer: I recently updated from 1803 to 1909 and I've noticed that the Volume Mixer does not store volume levels for any apps and instead just resets them to 100% if they are restarted. This was not an issue I experienced with 1803, I've already tried seeing if it was just an issue...
  10. Volume Levels

Volume Levels: Hi, I have recently purchased a new laptop but upon arrival I have noticed a problem with the sound. If I increase or decrease the volume level it does not change the actual volume coming from the speakers, the only time it changes is when it is turned to mute. I have tried...