Windows 10: Remember Window Size

Discus and support Remember Window Size in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is there no way to remember a window size with Windows 10? I remember in previous versions you could set the window size and position. When I open... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ericnixmd, Apr 22, 2018.

1. ericnixmd Win User

Remember Window Size

Is there no way to remember a window size with Windows 10? I remember in previous versions you could set the window size and position.

When I open Chrome, generally the first session will open (usually) correctly. Sometimes I have to slide the title bar off the screen in order to reach the bottom of the window to resize it. It sometimes likes to cut a portion of the window off.

If I open another Chrome window, it is off-centered from the top by about a half inch. I would like it to be in the same position (or at least shift vertically instead).

Does anyone know any tricks here?

:)

ericnixmd, Apr 22, 2018

2. Edge Doesn't Remember Window Size

Have you considered upgrading to a more recent release to see if the problem is resolved?

Andre Da Costa, Apr 22, 2018
  3. Edge Doesn't Remember Window Size

None of the above work. Guess I'll just live with the annoyance.

GregCowling, Apr 22, 2018
  4. AndreTen Win User

Remember Window Size

When you open the first instance of program or app, it will open with the same size and position, all the next instances (2nd, 3rd windows etc) will open a bit lower and to the right. It is by design, so you can see it.

If single window (app) is opening in different position, then something is wrong

Remember Window Size [​IMG]
    this is by design..

AndreTen, Apr 24, 2018
Thema:

Remember Window Size

1. Remember Window Size - Similar Threads - Remember Window Size

2. Windows don't remember folder size / position

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows don't remember folder size / position: Goodmorning.Yesterday i tried to re-install Windows 11 because on my previous Windows 11 i had a problem where when i open "file explorer" which is pinned on my taskbar it will always openon its default folder size / position . When i first install Windows 11 yesterday it...
  3. Remembering Window Size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remembering Window Size: I've noticed certain "built-in" apps - the Win+Shift+S Snipping Tool, Windows Explorer are two examples - that don't remember that I like them Maximized.Most Office Programs and most software, I can right-click when it's in the bottom toolbar, select "Properties", and then...
  4. Remembering Window Size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remembering Window Size: I've noticed certain "built-in" apps - the Win+Shift+S Snipping Tool, Windows Explorer are two examples - that don't remember that I like them Maximized.Most Office Programs and most software, I can right-click when it's in the bottom toolbar, select "Properties", and then...
  5. Edge not remembering windows size Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge not remembering windows size Windows 11: Every time I open Edge it opens in a huge not maximized window size and is always halfway off the screen. This forces me to resize and shift the window over EVERY TIME I open Edge. I have seen several posts for this issue but none of the solutions work for me. I have updated...
  6. Edge not remembering windows size Windows 11

Edge not remembering windows size Windows 11: Every time I open Edge it opens in a huge not maximized window size and is always halfway off the screen. This forces me to resize and shift the window over EVERY TIME I open Edge. I have seen several posts for this issue but none of the solutions work for me. I have updated...
  7. How to remember window size for app display

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remember window size for app display: I use dual monitors at work. Every time I resize the windows to be smaller than full screen, each morning when I re-open the app, it starts in full screen again. I'm having to resize and drag apps to the other monitor every morning rather than having them open where I moved...
  8. ShellfolderFix not remembering windows size/position

ShellfolderFix not remembering windows size/position: Recently started having problems with the fantastic little utility written by a member of the Windows 7 forums, whom I'm hoping now frequents these forums too. For some reason, shellfolderfix 1.1.15 is no longer remembering windows sizes/positions. I've removed it, deleted...
  9. Make Outlook 2016 Remember Window Size

Make Outlook 2016 Remember Window Size: I prefer not to have Outlook take up my whole screen. For some reason, since reinstalling Windows and Office 365, I cannot get Outlook to remember the window size no matter what I do. Things I've tried: control + clicking red X, right clicking on the title bar and choosing...
  10. Make Outlook 2016 Remember Window Size

Make Outlook 2016 Remember Window Size: I prefer not to have Outlook take up my whole screen. For some reason, since reinstalling Windows and Office 365, I cannot get Outlook to remember the window size no matter what I do. Things I've tried: control + clicking red X, right clicking on the title bar and choosing...