Windows 10: Reminders program?

Discus and support Reminders program? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I used to rely on Cortana for reminders and after having missed several important things, including a potential job opportunity, I've learned my lesson... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alfred001, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Alfred001 Win User

Reminders program?

I used to rely on Cortana for reminders and after having missed several important things, including a potential job opportunity, I've learned my lesson and I'm looking for a replacement.

So, can someone suggest a reminder software.

The features I need:

- possibility of setting daily and weekly reminders

- possibility of delaying (snoozing) reminders once they pop up

Desirable, but not essential features:

- syncing with my Android

- a calendar view showing all the reminders

:)

Alfred001, Jun 26, 2017

2. Cortana

Cortana Reminders

Cortana doesn't remind me when I set a reminder!

And when I ask her about any upcoming reminders when the time for the set reminder is done, She says "You don't have any upcoming reminders".

But when I open Notebook and go to reminders, she then reminds me about all the reminders
    that I set of which she did not bring up at the notifications corner in Windows 10.

Help me please!

JeromeSsenyonjo, Jun 26, 2017
  3. alarms for calendar reminders only ring the first day

I have a HTC Arrive and alarms for calendar reminders only alarm the first day when reminders are set to daily reminders. It appears when reminders are set to weekly reminders they alarm correctly

DonaldNELS, Jun 26, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

Reminders program?

I'd go for Outlook if you don't mind paying for it (free on Android).

5. Barman58 Win User
    Barman58, Jun 26, 2017
  6. Winuser Win User
    I use One Calendar on my computers and phone. You can find it in the Windows Store.

Winuser, Jun 26, 2017
  7. Clive K Win User
    C-Organizer Pro. May be overkill for you, but I can't praise this app enough.

Clive K, Jun 27, 2017
  8. Saru Win User

Reminders program?

I use Efficient Reminder by Efficient Software. It's cross-platform, reliable and free, which seems enough for me )) The interface isn't all that great, though, but in time it stopped bothering me *Biggrin

9. Alfred001 Win User
    I see it works as a web app, not something that is installed on your computer. That makes me suspect it can't pop up to remind you unless you have your browser open.

It is extremely important that in the moment the reminder is supposed to remind me it pops up and loudly and won't go away until I address it.

Can you set reminders on it?

It seems this is not free. I should have specified that I'm a freeloader looking for something free.

The thing that bothers me about this one is that it seems a bit complicated, too many bells and whistles, but I could manage with that, the thing that really bothers me is that it has that "starts at" "ends at" thing and then you have to tell it to remind you x minutes before, I really dislike that.

I'm looking for a thing that, like Cortana, just says remind me on this date at this hour and that's that.

Alfred001, Jul 2, 2017
  10. Barman58 Win User
    Anydo has a Chrome App, I think, that can be set to run when the browser is closed, but I get all the notifications I need from My Android Phone - Never without it so works when browser closed and also when PC is off or even when away from home.

Any.do Extension - Chrome Web Store

I also use Pushbullet which displays android notifications on my PC's even if my phone is in my bag or coat pocket

Pushbullet - Your devices working better together

Barman58, Jul 2, 2017
  11. Cornishman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Reminders program?

1. Reminders program? - Similar Threads - Reminders program

2. How to use Apple Reminders in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Apple Reminders in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Apple Reminders offer a convenient way to keep track of to-dos and stay organized. It also allows users to create subtasks, edit reminders, and get reminders while messaging someone. These reminders can further sync across devices using iCloud. But what if you use a...
  3. Windows 10 Pro - How to disable Backup reminder in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro - How to disable Backup reminder in Start Menu?: Dear fellow Windows hostages,I am looking for a solution to disable the constant and annoying back-up reminders that appear on the Start Menu NOT the ones that appear in the Notification Center at the bottom-right next to the clock I already know how to turn those ones off....
  4. Windows 10 Pro - How to disable Backup reminder in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro - How to disable Backup reminder in Start Menu?: Dear fellow Windows hostages,I am looking for a solution to disable the constant and annoying back-up reminders that appear on the Start Menu NOT the ones that appear in the Notification Center at the bottom-right next to the clock I already know how to turn those ones off....
  5. Windows 10 Pro - How to disable Backup reminder in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Searching a "Remind Me" program

Searching a "Remind Me" program: Hello,I am looking for some small simple program, sort of "Remind Me" program, to enter a note or two.Searched the internet, tried some but they are too complicated.Just a simple program which will start when turning computer on.Any suggestions will be appreciated.Thankswin...
  7. Searching a "Remind Me" program

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching a "Remind Me" program: Hello,I am looking for some small simple program, sort of "Remind Me" program, to enter a note or two.Searched the internet, tried some but they are too complicated.Just a simple program which will start when turning computer on.Any suggestions will be appreciated.Thankswin...
  8. Reminder: Check your Windows Insider Program settings

in Windows 10 News
    Reminder: Check your Windows Insider Program settings: With the Release Preview ring soon (see this blog post for details), we’re planning to move Windows Insiders in the Fast ring forward to 20H1. We will also be merging the small group of Insiders who opted-in to Skip Ahead back into the Fast ring. We are looking to make this...
  9. TV Program Reminders

TV Program Reminders: Can anyone explain to me how to get TV Program Reminders set up for my Calendar on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_cal/tv-program-reminders/0c2eec35-fbef-4ab3-bad8-fb38e3b21a99
  10. Reminder Programs?

Reminder Programs?: Anyone know of any programs/apps similar to Reminderfox that runs in Windows 10? 5083