Windows 10: Remote access denied

Discus and support Remote access denied in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have 2 machines at home. One runs Windows 10 and the other Windows 7. They both have team viewer on them for when I'm away, such as now.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dalavich, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Dalavich Win User

Remote access denied

Hi,

I have 2 machines at home. One runs Windows 10 and the other Windows 7.

They both have team viewer on them for when I'm away, such as now.

The Windows 10 machine has dropped off the Team Viewer list. I can't even RDP in to in from the W7 machine (RDP as a fall back in case team viewer crashes etc)

Now I've run an IP scan and the IP address which was fixed at .12, seems to have gone to DHCP, checked by the MAC address on the IP scanner. I also guess the time of this crash was roughly 3am, as there is an error log on the W7 machine saying it lost connect to the back up computer.

Now I am wondering if it's a W10 auto update which has reset all the network settings, including the firewall, which has now blocked access to Team Viewer and RDP.

As I'm currently 200 miles away, and cannot get access to these machines physically, is there a way to regain control, or do I have to wait until I'm home and sort this out in its presence!?

Thanks.

:)

Dalavich, Nov 9, 2016

2. Remote access denied.

Hi as above Only happened after last Update, Any suggestions

PaulSampsonWV, Nov 9, 2016
  3. Remote access denied.

To further assist you with your concern, can you send us a screenshot of the TermService option under Registry Editor?

To get a screenshot, follow the steps below:

• Search for regedit, and then press Enter.
    • Click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
    • Go to System.
    • Select CurrentControlSet.
    • Click on Services.
    • Select TermService.
    • Press Print Scrn on your keyboard, and then send the screenshot on this thread.

Ruizell Rey, Nov 9, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Remote access denied

Welcome to the forum what ports are forward to the PCs?

Samuria, Nov 9, 2016
Thema:

Remote access denied

1. Remote access denied - Similar Threads - Remote access denied

2. Remote desktop - Deny access from pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop - Deny access from pc: I currently use RDP to connect some of my other personal computers.How can I prevent the user from signing in at the actual pc when I am remotely connected?...
  3. Remote desktop - Deny access from pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop - Deny access from pc: I currently use RDP to connect some of my other personal computers.How can I prevent the user from signing in at the actual pc when I am remotely connected?...
  4. Remote desktop - Deny access from pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Can't get access to remote Hard Drive...E\ is not accessible, access denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't get access to remote Hard Drive...E\ is not accessible, access denied: When I attach a WD My Passport device I get an error E\ is not accessible, access denied.....WD recommended I contact Microsoft....thanks in advance for any tips, Dave...
  6. Can't get access to remote Hard Drive...E\ is not accessible, access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get access to remote Hard Drive...E\ is not accessible, access denied: When I attach a WD My Passport device I get an error E\ is not accessible, access denied.....WD recommended I contact Microsoft....thanks in advance for any tips, Dave...
  7. Can't get access to remote Hard Drive...E\ is not accessible, access denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. UWP RPC_S_ACCESS_DENIED Access for making the remote procedure call was denied

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UWP RPC_S_ACCESS_DENIED Access for making the remote procedure call was denied: RPCclientusing C++ call RPCserver communication is ok, RPCclient call RPCserver both all C++: [ATTACH] UWPRPCclientC# reference RPC dlluniversal C++ call RPCserver is fail,and errorcode is 5-> RPC_S_ACCESS_DENIED Access for making the remote procedure call was denied....
  9. Access Denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access Denied: I tried to turn on Windows Developer mode and it says "Access Denied". Can I get some help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied/cb69b709-417b-4627-bf8b-c0afe456548a
  10. Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access Denied: Until a week or so ago I was able to go to the Argos website, but now I am refused with an Access Denied message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied/ca707c4d-a849-4099-8df1-dbd15ebbeb6d