Windows 10: Remote assistance between Windows 10 and Windows 7?

Discus and support Remote assistance between Windows 10 and Windows 7? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm on Windows 10, my Dad on Windows 7. I just tried to help him out using Remote Assistance and it refused to connect - could this be due to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jra505, Aug 6, 2015.

1. jra505 Win User

Remote assistance between Windows 10 and Windows 7?

I'm on Windows 10, my Dad on Windows 7.

I just tried to help him out using Remote Assistance and it refused to connect - could this be due to the mismatch in Operating Systems?

Thanks,

:)

jra505, Aug 6, 2015
  2. Dave-7 Win User

Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

Thanks for your response

OS is Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

I did not have any problems upgrading from Windows 7

I have verified that Allow Remote Assistance is checked, and Remote Desktop is Checked in both Public and Private.

The IP address is in my Home nework range, and has not changed

Remote Desktop was OK before upgrading to Windows 10, now when I attempt to RDP from my iPad (on home network) my Desktop in not avaiable.

I have not yet attempted remote desktop connections between my laptop (windows 7) and Dessktop (windows 10) - I will test this and update later

Meanwhile, any other suggestions?

Dave

Dave-7, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Remote Assistance

No, this is not helpful at all. What is the point of this forum if none of the questions are ever answered? This is n't the first time that I have seen this blow-off answer.. btw, I figured it out. Windows10 is still a bit of a cluster F$%k and I had to
    go deep into registry edit to override settings that, even tough they said were turned off, weren't actually turned off. Not the first time I had to go into the Registry to turn things off.

Might have been nice if Microsoft actually finished testing this version of Windows before rolling it out rather than having the general population finish the testing for them.

Not happy that I downgraded from Win7 to Win10...

John at MT, Aug 6, 2015
  4. cameos Win User

If your "help" was not solely for fixing remote assistance itself, then I recommend you use teamviewer which is much easier.

cameos, Aug 6, 2015
  5. He does have the checkbox to allow remote assistance enabled right? Also is this external or internal. Meaning are you on two separate networks or on the same network in the home? You may have to enable port 3389 for UDP and TCP in the router under your dad's internal IP address.

There are a few variables you have to look at such as these to make sure it works. also when I usually do is get my computername\username in the remote desktop program. such as MYPC\Aaron when it asks for password, enter a password your dad uses if he has one.

Others will have more information, this is just a quick summary.

GamerwGlasses, Aug 6, 2015
  6. I've also used showmypc. It's not fast, but it'll do.

GamerwGlasses, Aug 6, 2015
  7. jra505 Win User
    Thanks all for the replies.

We've successfully connected before, prior to me upgrading to Windows 10 - that's why I thought Windows 10 might be the issue. Nothing else has changed.

I'll try the showmypc option - looks like it should work.

Thanks,

jra505, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Remote assistance between Windows 10 and Windows 7? - Similar Threads - Remote assistance between

2. Windows Remote Assistance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Remote Assistance: Hello,I am trying to assist a user using Windows 8.1. I am using the latest Windows 11. When the user sends me an email with the file from Remote Assistance, I open it and enter the password but it says the connection cannot be made.Remote Assistance is enabled on both...
  3. Windows Remote Assistance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Remote Assistance: Hello,I am trying to assist a user using Windows 8.1. I am using the latest Windows 11. When the user sends me an email with the file from Remote Assistance, I open it and enter the password but it says the connection cannot be made.Remote Assistance is enabled on both...
  4. What's the diference between Quick Assist, Remote Assist, RemoteApp and Remote Desktop?

What's the diference between Quick Assist, Remote Assist, RemoteApp and Remote Desktop?: Microsoft offers 4 different ways for the user to share their screen in order to receive technical support from someone more knowledgable. Yes four. So what's the difference between them? I'm using Windows 10 20H2...
  5. Diference between Quick Assist, Remote Assist and Remote Desktop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Diference between Quick Assist, Remote Assist and Remote Desktop?: What's the diference between Quick Assist, Remote Assist and Remote Desktop? Microsoft offers 3 different ways for the user to share their screen in order to receive technical support from someone more knowledgable. I'm using Windows 10 20H2 179501
  6. Windows 10 Remote Assistance MRA

Windows 10 Remote Assistance MRA: I have MS O365 Outlook set as my default compatible email program. However, when I select "Use email to send an invitation" msra doesn't recognize MS Outlook as my default email program. I checked the control panel, check Outlook options making sure Outlook is set to default,...
  7. Windows Remote Assistance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Remote Assistance: Someone at the Microsoft assistance desk is not authorized to use a Remote Desktop session. Why not? [ATTACH] That's the 6 hour pass above. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlSWPJi5lbz55T-WOiCjkF4uNy1l?e=g67NGy That's the invitation file above. They gave me a strange link to LogMeIn...
  8. Windows Remote Assistance

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Remote Assistance: hi, we are using domain computer with AV as trend micro. if we try to use Windows remote assistance it wont open in client or it doesn't works, the same works perfect if the AV is disabled in network adapter. can we know which all ports need to be oped for the usage of...
  9. Windows Remote Assistance Box

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Remote Assistance Box: Does anyone know how to increase the size of the Windows Remote Assistance box? I would like to be able to see more of the history? Thanks, 127672
  10. Remote Assistance with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Assistance with Windows 10: My friend would like my Remote Assistance. We both have Windows 10. He is able to go through the following procedure. ----- 1. Go to Control Panel. --- 2. Open "Systems and Security" ----- 3. Click on "Launch Remote Assistance". ---- 4. Click on "Invite someone you trust to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows remote assistance between 7 and 10