Windows 10: remote computer ends up on the lock screen

Discus and support remote computer ends up on the lock screen in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have related issue. Every time Windows 10 forces a critical update. The computer ends up on the lock screen instead of finishing loading as it does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Teamhertz696, Mar 6, 2016.

1. remote computer ends up on the lock screen

I have related issue. Every time Windows 10 forces a critical update. The computer ends up on the lock screen instead of finishing loading as it does on normal restart. It's a problem becuase the computer is remote location. So every time critical update happens. I blocked regular updates. can't connect then to drive 40 mins to slide the screen. I created task that reboot:s it nighly but that doesn't work as its not fully loaded.

:)

Teamhertz696, Mar 6, 2016

2. How to use remote desktop connection without locking the screen.

How to use remote desktop connection without locking the screen.

I have tried to use the Remote Assistance invitation but it needs a person on the remote end to approve it every time. As this PC will be used to display some power point on the bigger screen ,so there will be no end user ,I want to control the content
    by connecting it remotely.

Ankit Kumar_507, Mar 6, 2016
  3. vmoisa Win User
    new e90

Remote lock means locking the phone AND the memory card when a SMS with a certain message is received (send from a remote phone) SIM lock means locking ONLY the phone when a different SIM is inserted. So it is not the same thing. So S80 is better than S60 in
    this particular respect. So, this is the "end of story".

PS: sapporobaby is back with a vengence and is raising debates again ! Maybe is a good thing, maybe is bad, who knows remote computer ends up on the lock screen ;)

vmoisa, Mar 6, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

remote computer ends up on the lock screen

NavyLCDR, Mar 6, 2016
  5. No that's the unfortunate part is the services don't load before it logs into the desktop. It prevents the nightly restart from happening also. If it did the restart it would be no big deal becuase next day it would start normally. Only other option would be complete list of update servers block them.

Teamhertz696, Mar 6, 2016
  6. I know the real solution is win 7 sadly it's 10 laptop and likely would be missing drivers for 7

Teamhertz696, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

remote computer ends up on the lock screen

1. remote computer ends up on the lock screen - Similar Threads - remote computer ends

2. computer locked up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer locked up: Contact Windows Support: +1-877-891-8898 Security Helpline is this MS message valid??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-locked-up/15934724-5c99-4d33-a4b2-a61cf507cfb6
  3. my computer locks up with a black screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer locks up with a black screen.: Just had a new nvidia GEForce GRX 1070ti installed with the latest driver by a tech expert. The problem appears to be dashboard widgets? here is my problem report, can anyone here make head or tail?SourceMicrosoft® Windows® Operating SystemSummaryStopped...
  4. my computer locks up with a black screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer locks up with a black screen.: Just had a new nvidia GEForce GRX 1070ti installed with the latest driver by a tech expert. The problem appears to be dashboard widgets? here is my problem report, can anyone here make head or tail?SourceMicrosoft® Windows® Operating SystemSummaryStopped...
  5. Locked up computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Locked up computer: Last night when I logged in my computer was filled with warnings bells and whistles . A voice was saying don't touch nothing but phone 1-844-205-7522 they even put the number on my task bar . I phoned and long story short I need to know if I did the right thing BEFORE I have...
  6. Remote Session - Do not lock screen?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remote Session - Do not lock screen?: Hello! Here's the problem we have: We have a monitor hanging in the entrance area with information in a PowerPoint. The corresponding PC is well locked away. To update this information, Person X switches to the PC with the local user via Remote Session (Windows Remote...
  7. computer locked up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    computer locked up: my computer has locked up by a fake support scam. How do I unlock my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/computer-locked-up/36a3d5ec-9e19-4ea4-b121-ee68c04d55c3
  8. Remote Desktop and Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Remote Desktop and Lock Screen: Hi! I have a trouble logging into my computer via LAN whenever the computer locks. I get the "Internal error occurred" error message. Since the computer to which I'm trying to connect is a PC, I tried setting it to never lock to go to sleep or lock. This doesn't seem to...
  9. Computer lock up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer lock up: My computer locks up, in any program including Windows 10 help page, sometimes for only 10 seconds sometimes for over 30 minutes, can anyone suggest why and how to fix the problem?...
  10. computer locking up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer locking up: Hi - Windows installed updates two days ago, and since I have been having issues with it completely locking up. Should I try to roll back the latest updates? Thanks, Christina...