Windows 10: Remote debugging : can't make it work

Discus and support Remote debugging : can't make it work in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I should firstly ask if asking about an ASP.NET web app is acceptable..?If NO then EXITIf YES then, my issue: cannot make debug mode work on a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RichInMaine, Feb 29, 2024.

1. Remote debugging : can't make it work

Hi, I should firstly ask if asking about an ASP.NET web app is acceptable..?If NO then EXITIf YES then, my issue: cannot make debug mode work on a local asp.net project, where the IIS server is remote.I'm running the code using my local VS.NET 2019 IDEI fired up a remote debugger session on the web sever.I then fired up a local chrome session, and navigated to the URL of the appusing the port presented by the debuggerI then am trying to attach to the chrome process like the attached pic shows, but it won't find the process... am I going about this the wrong way?

:)

RichInMaine, Feb 29, 2024
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Ethernet is showing as Kernel Debug Network Adapater

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you see Kernel Debug Network Adapter in Device Manager. This can happen if debugging is turner on. I would suggest you to turn off debugging by following the steps mentioned below:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Paste the following commands and hit Enter:

bcdedit /debug off

If you still see the Network Adapter, you can disable it from Device Manager without problems. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, to open
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Network adapters.
    3. Now, right click on the Kernel Debug adapter and select
      Disable device.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 29, 2024
  3. After upgrading to Windows 10 Pro, Remote Desktop is not working

Hi Mayukh,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run Built In troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Step 1: Please follow the steps below to run Built in Troubleshooter:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar.
    • Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.
    • Select Windows store Apps.
    • Follow the on screen instruction.
    Step 2: After running Troubleshooter follow the below steps.

• Type Remote Desktop in search bar.
    • Select Remote Desktop app and open it.
    • In the bottom you will see a button as Show Options.
    • Click on Show Options, you will see the options to enter your credentials.
    • Enter the credentials and click on Connect.
    • Check if it works.
    Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Feb 29, 2024
  4. Arul_D Win User

Remote debugging : can't make it work

How to remove "HP Connected Remote" as a sign in account ?

Hi Dave,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is your computer connected to a domain network?
    HP Connected Remote is an app that comes preinstalled on select Windows HP computers. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves this issue.

• On the Windows 10 Start screen, type hp connected remote.
    • Click HP Connected Remote from the Apps search results.
    • Click Settings, and make sure Enable HP Connected Remote is turned On.

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Feb 29, 2024
Thema:

Remote debugging : can't make it work

1. Remote debugging : can't make it work - Similar Threads - Remote debugging can't

2. Remote debugging : can't make it work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote debugging : can't make it work: Hi, I should firstly ask if asking about an ASP.NET web app is acceptable..?If NO then EXITIf YES then, my issue: cannot make debug mode work on a local asp.net project, where the IIS server is remote.I'm running the code using my local VS.NET 2019 IDEI fired up a remote...
  3. Remote debugging : can't make it work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote debugging : can't make it work: Hi, I should firstly ask if asking about an ASP.NET web app is acceptable..?If NO then EXITIf YES then, my issue: cannot make debug mode work on a local asp.net project, where the IIS server is remote.I'm running the code using my local VS.NET 2019 IDEI fired up a remote...
  4. usb debugging is not working in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb debugging is not working in windows 11: i have tried so many time to connect my phone with usb debugging in vs code and android studio but phone is not showing. I have done every thing that i know like upgrading drivers from manager, disabling usb from edit power plan advance option.i also change cable, phone, port...
  5. Remote working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote working: Hi I am remote employee of recruitment company.I work with windows 10 laptop. The IT team is controlling device and location services are disabled.My question is if I change location to outside of UK will my employer know immediately? Please can you advice how to hide my IP...
  6. Remote work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote work: Hello, I connected with vpn through my work's ip so i could hit a certain adress which works only with office's ip adress. I edited the host files bua i can hit it from my house . Anyone can help me?...
  7. debug

in Windows 10 Customization
    debug: hello i just openned my laptop and i saw a file named debug on my desktop and i dont know what it means this is what is says: [0120/170545.965:ERROR:registration_protocol_win.cc130] TransactNamedPipe: The pipe has been ended. 0x6D note: i didnt create this file and i idk...
  8. debugging memory.dmp file remotely

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    debugging memory.dmp file remotely: Hello, i have a server 2008 r2 that crashed the other day and I need to check the memory.dmp file in the C drive under windows. however i can not install nor does the server have installed Wdbgdmp installed or wdk as well. they do not allow to install from MS so how i am...
  9. Brave: Need some clarification on Remote Debugging option.

in Browsers and Email
    Brave: Need some clarification on Remote Debugging option.: Just noted today on Brave Privacy & Security, the option Remote Debugging that is on by default. It must be an option that came with the latest version, I maybe wrong but I never notice it before. I did disable it as I'm not quite sure what having it On entails vis a vis to...
  10. Working remotely

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Working remotely: I work remotely from my home computer to my computer at work through LogMeIn. Recently whenever I made a change on the screen display at home and it changed the remote computer as well. I also get email notices from my home email on my work computer. I spoke to LogMeIn and...