Windows 10: Remote Desktop Connection Error

Discus and support Remote Desktop Connection Error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need help to solve the Remote Desktop Connection error. I had allowed Remote Desktop connection in the windows advance options and windows firewall.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kemchong, Aug 6, 2016.

1. kemchong Win User

Remote Desktop Connection Error

I need help to solve the Remote Desktop Connection error. I had allowed Remote Desktop connection in the windows advance options and windows firewall. However, when I click on connect to the remote computer, got the error message "You must change your password before logging on the first time. Please update your password or contact your Administrator or technical support."

This makes no sense as I had password on Windows and it connects using Microsoft Outlook password. I had follow all the instructions to setup RDC and not working.

Can someone please help? Thanks

:)

kemchong, Aug 6, 2016

2. Remote Desktop- Couldn't connect to the remote PC Error code 0x204

OT- Remote Desktop

Couldn't connect to the remote PC. Error code 0*204

Кролебород, Aug 6, 2016
  3. NayramMA Win User
    Error connection with Remote Desktop from wphone8.1

Make sure you are using "Allow Remote connection from different version of Remote Desktop", on your PC,

surely they have different version of Remote Desktop

NayramMA, Aug 6, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

If you are trying it outside of your network, make sure that the proper ports are open. They pulled a lot of stuff from Windows 10 Anniversary. If your machine has been upgraded to the newer version of Windows 10, there can be problems with certain items.

Also there is no Outlook password. If you are talking about the Live password, yes it can ask for you to use that if you are using that method to log into the computer when you sit at it.

bro67, Aug 7, 2016
Thema:

1. Remote Desktop Connection Error - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Connection

2. Remote Desktop Connection Cerfificate Error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Connection Cerfificate Error.: I have two Windows 10 Pro Desktops and have them in a Work Group. Have been unable to find any help that refers to my question or how to correct it. I keep getting the following error "The server name on the certificate is incorrect." In checking the certificate status "This...
  3. Remote Desktop Connection Cerfificate Error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Connection Cerfificate Error.: I have two Windows 10 Pro Desktops and have them in a Work Group. Have been unable to find any help that refers to my question or how to correct it. I keep getting the following error "The server name on the certificate is incorrect." In checking the certificate status "This...
  4. Remote Desktop Connection Cerfificate Error.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Remote desktop connection error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop connection error: Hi,I just downloaded the Microsoft Remote Desktop software version 10.2.1817.0 from Microsoft Store on my Windows 11 laptop. I am trying to access a Windows 10 machine. I added the Windows 10 machine by the IP address in the Remote Desktop software, however when I try to...
  6. Remote desktop connection error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop connection error: Hi,I just downloaded the Microsoft Remote Desktop software version 10.2.1817.0 from Microsoft Store on my Windows 11 laptop. I am trying to access a Windows 10 machine. I added the Windows 10 machine by the IP address in the Remote Desktop software, however when I try to...
  7. Remote Desktop Connection Error Message

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop Connection Error Message: I keep getting an error message when I try to remote desktop connect. It says could not connect to another console session on the remote computer because you already have a console session in progress. Can someone please help?...
  8. Connect with Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect with Remote Desktop Connection: "CredSSP encryption oracle remediation" error when you try to RDP to a Windows VM in Azure https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4295591/credssp-encryption-oracle-remediation-error-when-to-rdp-to-azure-vm An authentication error has occurred. The function requested is...
  9. Remote Desktop Connection error

Remote Desktop Connection error: Hi, Today I tried to connect my Android phone to my Windows 10 PC via Remote Desktop Connection and I've constantly encountered this error: "Because of a protocol error detected at the client (code 0x1104), this session will be disconnected. Please try connecting to the...
  10. Remote Desktop Connection

Remote Desktop Connection: Will Microsoft ever give us a option to log onto another home network computer without it having a password? Seems like if on a home network we should be able to do it,just give us a option Please. Remote Desktop Connection works well if password is on the remote...