Windows 10: Remote Desktop Connection on Win 10 does not conenct

Discus and support Remote Desktop Connection on Win 10 does not conenct in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have Windows 10 Home edition and I am using the Remote Desktop Connection, but the RDC does not connect to the same computers hat I used to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pbyrum, Aug 10, 2015.

1. pbyrum Win User

Remote Desktop Connection on Win 10 does not conenct

Hello,

I have Windows 10 Home edition and I am using the Remote Desktop Connection, but the RDC does not connect to the same computers hat I used to connect with Windows 8.1. I have enabled RDC to go through the firewall, but that did not help. I am also trying to use the new Remote Desktop app that I downloaded from the App store, but that did not work either.

Do I need to have Windows 10 Pro? What can I do to get this to work? Are there other RDC like apps that will work?

Thanks*Huh

:)

pbyrum, Aug 10, 2015

2. Win 10 does not allow Remote Desktop connection

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

The issue you posted would be better suited in the TechNet Forums; we would recommend posting your query in the TechNet Forums for better assistance regarding the issue. Please click on the link below to post your query:

Technet forums - Windows 10 IT Pro

For any Windows related issues you are always welcome to our community.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Aug 10, 2015
  3. MobilMan Win User
    Win 10 does not allow Remote Desktop connection

I upgraded from Win 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 and Remote Desktop does not work.

MobilMan, Aug 10, 2015
  4. Remote Desktop Connection on Win 10 does not conenct

Bobby Phoenix, Aug 11, 2015
  5. Brisy Win User
    I am having the exact same problem, I used my laptop a lot to connect to my Home Theatre PC and all worked well until I upgraded to Windows 10, I checked that all the settings on the PC I am connecting to are the same as before which they are but every time I try to connect it says log in failed....but if I use the Microsoft remote desktop app from the android play store on my phone or tablet it connects no problem at all....I know there is other software you can use such as Team Viewer but I think people would like to find a resolution to the issue with the Windows 10 Remote Desktop software...no doubt there will be some silly little setting that were unaware of that will cure this *Huh

Brisy, Aug 11, 2015
  6. If your network type is Public instead of Private you won't be able to Remote Desktop in to that PC. Took me forever to figure that one out. Go to Control Panel > (view by large icons) > HomeGroup. There should be an option in there to change the network location. It will be in a message windows that says to create a homegroup your PC must be set to a private network. something like that. I switched mine so the message is gone now.

EDIT: Just to be clear, the Network type, on the PC your trying to remote into, must be set as Private. I just set all my PC's to Private.

alphanumeric, Aug 11, 2015
  7. Brisy Win User
    Checked this already and the computer I am connecting to is private, still doesn't explain how I can connect via my tablet phone, got a bald spot appearing on my head now where I've been scratching it *Sad

Brisy, Aug 11, 2015
  8. Remote Desktop Connection on Win 10 does not conenct

OK, don't know what to tell you then. It was driving me nuts as it worked fine in 8.1. Then I couldn't remote in after doing a clean install of Windows 10. Did you uncheck the box for "Allow connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication." ?

9. Brisy Win User
    Yep tried that too, running out of options here, I appreciate your help, thank for that

Brisy, Aug 11, 2015
  10. The PC your doing the Remote Desktop Connection into has to be Running Pro. Home won't have the option to enable inbound connections, only outbound.

11. OK, I feel your frustration, it was really starting to get on my nerves as the one PC I really needed to RDC into was the only one I couldn't. I could even RDC into my Raspberry Pi, just not that one PC. It was fine after upgrading to 10, just not after a clean install.

12. teknik99 Win User
    Hi All,

I am having a similar problem but I am on Win 10 pro and trying to use IE11

I have tracked the problem to the Active X control "Microsoft RDP client Control" is not present.

When I set up RDP on Win 8.1 the process I followed was - this was done on 5 PC's and all were successful

a) Install our SBS certificate
    b) Set our remote workplace site to run in compatibility mode
    c) Add the site to the "Trusted Sites"

Run IE 11 log in Remote Web Workplace
    Click on the computer I need to connect too

On the first running a IE window opens up requesting running the ActiveX control which is accepted

RDP then runs perfectly every time.

I have followed the exact same steps as above and everything goes OK until the last step when the Window opens there is no request to rune the ActiveX control and then I get the RDP6 error message.

I have made sure all the ActiveX controls in internet options are identical to those in IE11 on 8.1 but no difference

Anybody managed to get RDP successfully running or know why the active X control is not installing?

Cheers

teknik99, Aug 13, 2015
  13. Remote Desktop Connection on Win 10 does not conenct

I'm running it on my local Home network. I can (now) remote desktop into any on my 10 Pro PC's.

alphanumeric, Aug 13, 2015
  14. teknik99 Win User
    Hi All,

After a bit more research this problem seems to be specific to server 2008.

The following on TechNet explains it and a possible work around

https://social.technet.microsoft.com...p?forum=winRDc

This workaround wont be much use to me as I don't have access to the 2008 server and our IT support is external and we get charged for the work they do and my company is never keen to pay them so they will just say use the win7 laptop we issued you with.

Its not a huge deal I can still create a VPN connection and do a direct RD session without RWA.

Hopefully the workaround will be of interest and use to others having issues.

Cheers

teknik99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Remote Desktop Connection on Win 10 does not conenct

1. Remote Desktop Connection on Win 10 does not conenct - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Connection

2. Remote Desktop Connection, Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Connection, Win 10: Remote desktop connection does not work. The host computer is running Win 10 Pro with remote desktop enabled. My remote computer is running Win 10. My Internet Provider is Cox and I use a cox modem. I also use an ASUS RT-N66W router. This architecture has been working on and...
  3. Remote Desktop Connection, Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Connection, Win 10: Remote desktop connection does not work. The host computer is running Win 10 Pro with remote desktop enabled. My remote computer is running Win 10. My Internet Provider is Cox and I use a cox modem. I also use an ASUS RT-N66W router. This architecture has been working on and...
  4. Remote Desktop Connection, Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Disable Remote Desktop - Win 10

Disable Remote Desktop - Win 10: Within File Explorer, I just noticed what appears to be a remote machine, connected to my local machine, via the Network architecture. When I select Network, a single machine appears. When I right mouse click on it, I am presented with an option to "Connect With Remote...
  6. Connect with Remote Desktop Connection

Connect with Remote Desktop Connection: "CredSSP encryption oracle remediation" error when you try to RDP to a Windows VM in Azure https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4295591/credssp-encryption-oracle-remediation-error-when-to-rdp-to-azure-vm An authentication error has occurred. The function requested is...
  7. remote desktop win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    remote desktop win 10: hi i have a client that used to login but changed his ip address to a dns, now it keeps asking for the password where would i find or edit this password please???? thank you...
  8. remote desktop does not connect to another computer

remote desktop does not connect to another computer: remote desktop does not connect to another computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/remote-desktop-does-not-connect-to-another/9bed3e59-caa0-4c29-b8b1-bae790c7c318
  9. Remote Desktop for Win 10 Home

Remote Desktop for Win 10 Home: Last week I set up, and used, the Remote Desktop utility for Windows 10 Home, but I have been trying to access in now and coming up with this message [img] I have restarted my system, I have reinstalled the RDPWrap file, checked the Firewall settings...nothing works....
  10. Remote Desktop Connection

Remote Desktop Connection: Will Microsoft ever give us a option to log onto another home network computer without it having a password? Seems like if on a home network we should be able to do it,just give us a option Please. Remote Desktop Connection works well if password is on the remote...