Windows 10: Remote desktop crashes when right click icon on desktop

Discus and support Remote desktop crashes when right click icon on desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi friends i have 2 computers one is laptop and the other is desktop.Both are on windows 10 with genuine windows license and 100% updated. I am having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by waleedtaqi, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Remote desktop crashes when right click icon on desktop

Hi friends i have 2 computers one is laptop and the other is desktop.Both are on windows 10 with genuine windows license and 100% updated. I am having a weird problem and it started recently. When connected to laptop via remote desktop, if i right click on any icon then the Remote Desktop Session disconnects and it says reconnecting and then it connects again automatically, but everytime i right click on any icon it just crashes/disconnects the session. Using my laptop physically does not do this or any lag, nothing bad happens when i right click on icons, the problem only occurs when using through RDC. Any help will be appreciated, Thanks in advance.

:)

waleedtaqi, Oct 10, 2017
  2. CaseyRBB Win User

Double-Click causes Remote Desktop to crash...

We have a remote work-station that crashes in Remote Desktop when a file is double-clicked or opened in file explorer of the remote desktop. Can you advise and provide possible causes and solutions to this problem?

To clarfiy:

1. Login into remote work-station using remote desktop

2. Open file explorer

3. Double-click, or right click on a file, and select open file

4. Remote Desktop crashes

We are able to log-in back into remote desktop and the work-station without either system crashing but, if the same procedure is done again, Remote Desktop will crash.

Thankfully,

Casey

CaseyRBB, Oct 10, 2017
  3. Reevorc Win User
    Windows Explorer crashes when I right click on video or picture files

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10240]

(c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.10240.16384

Image Version: 10.0.10240.16384

[==========================100.0%==========================]

Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found.

Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required t

o restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see

Configure a Windows Repair Source.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

This is what I got when I put in that command. I was running it as Admin.

Reevorc, Oct 10, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Remote desktop crashes when right click icon on desktop

Have you tried repairing your computer OS install with sfc /scannow in a command window.

bro67, Oct 10, 2017
  5. i have tried sfc/scannow
    i have tried DISM
    I have tried Shexview to check the context menu but nothing worked
    scanned pc for viruses/malwares but still no luck
    then at the end i reset my windows 10 without removing data and after then its working normally.
    thanks for the interest you took in my problem.

waleedtaqi, Oct 12, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    Set your Windows install to not reboot on BSOD crashes and can you post the error message? Can you get into Safe mode and run the program "Whocrashed"? You can download that program from majorgeeks.com

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Remote desktop crashes when right click icon on desktop

1. Remote desktop crashes when right click icon on desktop - Similar Threads - Remote desktop crashes

2. Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop: My pc was working normally after while i faced a problem, when i right click a program in the desktop the desktop will freeze, also i saw that programms that was installed on Hdd drive when i right click on them the context menu appear without any problem, but when i right...
  3. Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop: My pc was working normally after while i faced a problem, when i right click a program in the desktop the desktop will freeze, also i saw that programms that was installed on Hdd drive when i right click on them the context menu appear without any problem, but when i right...
  4. When I Right Click on Desktop it is slow or it crashes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I Right Click on Desktop it is slow or it crashes: When I try to right click on my desktop to create another folder it takes ages or it crashes when I right click multiple times...I already tried to delete the registers, do recovery, even formatted my whole pc and when I entered after the wipe I had the same problem as...
  5. When I Right Click on Desktop it is slow or it crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I Right Click on Desktop it is slow or it crashes: When I try to right click on my desktop to create another folder it takes ages or it crashes when I right click multiple times...I already tried to delete the registers, do recovery, even formatted my whole pc and when I entered after the wipe I had the same problem as...
  6. When I Right Click on Desktop it is slow or it crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Right clicking on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right clicking on desktop: When I left- click on the desktop and click either personalize or display settings a system 32 pop-up appears for less than a second but disappears without opening display settings or personalize. I have done a scan and check disk but nothing. Thanks for any help!...
  8. Desktop icons and right click

Desktop icons and right click: I can not find my desktop icons nor can I right click on my desktop this is what my desktop looks like[IMG] this is what I want it too look like how do I fix this? thank you [ATTACH]...
  9. When right clicking on desktop, the desktop freezes.

When right clicking on desktop, the desktop freezes.: Hi, i'm having a problem with my MSI Laptop, where I right click the desktop, then it will turn my cursor into the blue circle and try to boot up the screen the gives you all those settings. Then it will take around 2 minutes for that to actually show, but when I click it...
  10. right-click on desktop

right-click on desktop: Hey, lately whenever I right-click on the desktop (to create a folder, document, etc.), the menu does not opened, and the system gets stuck for a few minutes. The blue circle continues to rotate for 40-50 minutes after a click, and then the menu opened. Is there a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remote desktop crashes when right-click