Windows 10: Remote desktop dual boot

Discus and support Remote desktop dual boot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Currently I have win 10 and win 8 dual boot, is there any way to change the boot order from remote desktop? I mean remote into win 10 and get it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by banger, Jul 22, 2015.

1. banger Win User

Remote desktop dual boot

Currently I have win 10 and win 8 dual boot, is there any way to change the boot order from remote desktop?

I mean remote into win 10 and get it to restart in win 8 and vice versa?

Tim

:)

banger, Jul 22, 2015
  2. jcmcbt Win User

remote access dual monitors

Using windows 10 at home, remote access to windows 7. Want to utilize dual monitors at home (use dual at work) unable to select Use all monitors in options on display tab with remote desktop (grey). Is this a way to utilize my dual monitors at home using
    remote desktop?

ty.

jcmcbt, Jul 22, 2015
  3. demilp Win User
    Windows 10 sometimes won't boot

I have an Asus GL502VM laptop with dual boot (Ubuntu and W10). When I turn on the pc it shows Ubuntu's GRUB, where I choose to boot W10.

The problem is the following, one time it boots properly and the following it doesn't. When it doesn't boot it shows the monitor on, but black. It seems to be an inconsistent state, because once I tried to connect via Google remote desktop and was able,
    but all I saw remotely was a black screen and the cursor. Next I connected another monitor via HDMI and suddenly it was solved.

I just tried to do the same. It appeared as available in the Google remote desktop device list, but was unable to connect. Tried to connect the monitor and no luck, so I had to reboot with the power button.

demilp, Jul 22, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Remote desktop dual boot

Ztruker, Jul 23, 2015
  5. banger Win User
    Thanks for that its an awesome solution and thanks Dave.

banger, Jul 23, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    I don't dual boot any more but I thought it was pretty neat too.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Remote desktop dual boot

1. Remote desktop dual boot - Similar Threads - Remote desktop dual

2. Remote Desktop Not Allowing the Use of Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Not Allowing the Use of Dual Monitors: I have a Microsoft 11 Home computer and am using the Microsoft Remote Desktop app not the Remote Desktop Connection app. I've been working from home since the pandemic, and have finally invested in a new set-up, but I cannot get the dual monitors to work on my new computer...
  3. Remote Desktop Not Allowing the Use of Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Not Allowing the Use of Dual Monitors: I have a Microsoft 11 Home computer and am using the Microsoft Remote Desktop app not the Remote Desktop Connection app. I've been working from home since the pandemic, and have finally invested in a new set-up, but I cannot get the dual monitors to work on my new computer...
  4. Dual Monitor not available for Remote Desktop App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitor not available for Remote Desktop App: Equipment:-Surface Laptop 4- Home Edition w/ Windows 11-Surface Dock 2-2- HDMI to USB-C adapters-Microsoft Designer Keyboard and Arc Mouse-2- Dell 27" MonitorsWork Equipment:-Lenovo- Pro Edition w/ Windows 10. Issue:When connecting my dock to my Surface Laptop there are no...
  5. Dual Monitor not available for Remote Desktop App

Dual Monitor not available for Remote Desktop App: Equipment:-Surface Laptop 4- Home Edition w/ Windows 11-Surface Dock 2-2- HDMI to USB-C adapters-Microsoft Designer Keyboard and Arc Mouse-2- Dell 27" MonitorsWork Equipment:-Lenovo- Pro Edition w/ Windows 10. Issue:When connecting my dock to my Surface Laptop there are no...
  6. Booting Remote PC using Remote Desktop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Booting Remote PC using Remote Desktop?: I have a remote PC (W10 Pro) and it is connected to my local house network by WiFi. It controls some equipment in a remote shed, and normally does not have a monitor/keyboard or mouse connected to it. I would like to switch it on in the shed (possibly using an internet mains...
  7. Remote Desktop Dual Monitor

Remote Desktop Dual Monitor: just downloaded windows 10 Pro, because windows 10 Home didn't support remote desktop. Now I cannot get my second monitor to work in the Remote Desktop, only allows it on one monitor....
  8. Remote Desktop app NOT Connection dual monitor

Remote Desktop app NOT Connection dual monitor: Hey how do I use dual monitor for Remote Desktop app NOT Remote Desktop Connection. Im on a PC running Windows 10 home. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-app-not-connection-dual-monitor/124b215c-3ec6-426e-8981-51d0896c0b2c
  9. Dual boot a remote computer using windows rdp

Dual boot a remote computer using windows rdp: I am using windows rdp to connect to the remote computer. It boots into windows 10 pro by default and I want to boot into linux ubuntu after booting into windows. The problem is I loose connection to the remote computer on reboot to linux ubuntu and it does not connect again...
  10. Dual Screen remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?

Dual Screen remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?: So here's the skinny. I'm working remotely on the weekends using a VPN through a third-party client right now. It makes me use one monitor to work, and I want to remote in with multi-monitor support. Notes: - I am remoting in from a Windows 10 Home computer into a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Remote Desktop connection with dual boot menu