Windows 10: Remote Desktop for Win 10 Home

Discus and support Remote Desktop for Win 10 Home in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Last week I set up, and used, the Remote Desktop utility for Windows 10 Home, but I have been trying to access in now and coming up with this message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MrFortis, Aug 21, 2017.

1. MrFortis Win User

Remote Desktop for Win 10 Home

Last week I set up, and used, the Remote Desktop utility for Windows 10 Home, but I have been trying to access in now and coming up with this message
    Remote Desktop for Win 10 Home [​IMG]

I have restarted my system, I have reinstalled the RDPWrap file, checked the Firewall settings...nothing works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Jonathan

:)

MrFortis, Aug 21, 2017
  2. su583 Win User

Windows 10 "Home" verson Remote Desktop capability.

@KPIB,

That is probably not exactly what @Crutch_s is looking for.

For benefit of those people that use Remote Desktop and upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home premium, here is a note of my quick observations.

There are several "editions" of Windows 10, all are listed here:

Windows 10 Editions

A partial snippet of this page on Microsoft's website:

Remote Desktop for Win 10 Home [​IMG]

Bottom line:

If you are upgrading from Windows 7 Home Premium, then with free Win 10 upgrade, you get the Win 10 HOME License. Windows 10 Home, as one can see from the link above, does not have capabilities to Remote IN. By Remote IN, I meant a use case where one needs
    to access a WIN 10 Home machine remotely from another Remote desktop client(phones, XP machines etc.) or Win 10 server machine.

If you are upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Win 10, you get the PRO upgrade with remote desktop HOST(and client software).

Personally I wish Microsoft had included Remote Desktop Host in Windows 10 Home Edition as well. I'm now about to buy the upgrade pack to Windows 10 PRO for all those Win 10 HOME machines that I have in my home network.

Thanks!!

su583, Aug 21, 2017
  3. Remote desktop problems

-> Of course it will - simply use the "mountain" symbol in the post's task bar.

-> Note also that Remote Desktop is not available on Windows 10 Home.

Thank you Frederik,

So you are saying I can do remote desktop from my Windows 10 Home computer but I cannot do a remote desktop session connection to it?

If I upgrade to Win 10 Pro, will I be able to remote in to it via remote desktop?

Seems curious to me I could not find any documentation on line that pointed out that deficiency (for lack of a better term) in Win 10 Home.

Regards,

David

DavidPosthumus, Aug 21, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

That is because Windows Home does not have the capabilities. Use TeamViewer, which is a lot more secure.

bro67, Aug 22, 2017
  5. MrFortis Win User
    That's strange because last week I was able to remote into it just fine.

MrFortis, Aug 22, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    RDP has been getting downgraded for a while by Microsoft. Just use Teamviewer and you will find it to be easier to use, especially with being very secure and multi-platform capable.

RDP on home machines has been an issue going back to when Microsoft introduced it to the Home platform.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Remote Desktop for Win 10 Home - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Home

2. Windows 10 Home remote desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home remote desktop: I run a small business and we are in the process of changing our main program to a remote desktop network. I have purchased each of my employees a laptop to work from home and they all have Windows 10 Home. None of them will connect to the remote desktop and after researching...
  3. Remote Desktop Device Redirector on Win 10 home?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remote Desktop Device Redirector on Win 10 home?: Hi- Is it normal for Remote Desktop Device Redirector Bus to be running on Windows 10 HOME version? I thought Win 10 Home didn't have Remote Desktop enabled? I don't want Remote Desktop. I have never used it. So I turned it off. But the Remote Desktop Device...
  4. Remote Desktop Redirection Bus Win 10 Home Version?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Desktop Redirection Bus Win 10 Home Version?: HI - I have the Win 10 HOME Version. Which doesn't have remote desktop? I have never installed anything enabling remote desktop. Is it normal for the Remote Desktop Device Redirection Bus to be running on Win 10 Home? Even without the capability of using it? I disabled it...
  5. Remote Desktop Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop Windows 10 Home: Could you please activate remote desktop connection for those who bought Windows 10 Home edition? this a big disadvantage during pandemia not to have a possibility to work from home...
  6. Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Home

Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Home: Hi there, I'm trying to connect remotely to my work PC, but I'm unable to do so. All the articles and guides I found, talk about configuring the remote desktop, which was successfully done by my organisation's IT team, who were able also to connect to it remotely. Only I...
  7. Remote Desktop on Windows 10 Home

Remote Desktop on Windows 10 Home: My PC will not allow me to use Remote Desktop because I have windows 10 home. Due to COVID-19 I will be required to work from home remotely. How can I use Remote Desktop or is there an app that would allow me to remote log into my work pc? I'm very frustrated that home...
  8. remote desktop win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    remote desktop win 10: hi i have a client that used to login but changed his ip address to a dns, now it keeps asking for the password where would i find or edit this password please???? thank you...
  9. Remote desktop for Windows 10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote desktop for Windows 10 Home: Is there a reliable remote desktop software from Microsoft for W10 home? I simply need something that will allow me to help out a elderly family member. Both of us are running W10 home....
  10. Windows 10 Home: Remote Desktop?

Windows 10 Home: Remote Desktop?: Is Remote Desktop only available on Windows 10 PRO? I have Win10 Home and the option to "Allow remote connections to this computer" is not present. 13066